HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rankings for Junior Teams This Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lebron123

PostSubject: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Who do you think were the best teams in juniors this year. Including tournaments not just season. Who you thought were the most unexpected teams. I feel junior ball was dominated by the grade 10's
1. St Peter's
2. Louis Riel
3. St Matthew's
4. Sacred Heart
5. Sir Robert Borden
6. Ridgemont
7. Hillcrest
8. Merivale
9. Lisgar
10. Immaculata
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 pm

I see Ridgemont and Hillcrest ahead of Sir Robert Borden
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:20 am

Lebron123 wrote:
Who do you think were the best teams in juniors this year. Including tournaments not just season. Who you thought were the most unexpected teams. I feel junior ball was dominated by the grade 10's
1. St Peter's
2. Louis Riel
3. St Matthew's
4. Sacred Heart
5. Sir Robert Borden
6. Ridgemont
7. Hillcrest
8. Merivale
9. Lisgar
10. Immaculata

I think I agree with this list completely. Normally there is a team or 2 that we would disagree on but this looks to be dead on. Some teams have had some big wins but were inconsistent so if we're taking everything into account, this is right on where it should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:49 pm

hilcrest dossent belong up there, and sacred heart is better then louis riel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:56 pm

hillcrest does belong up there. All the teams behind them hillcrest is better than. and sacred heart shud be behind hillcrest. The west sucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballaz

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Ridgemont should not be seated so high seeing as immaculata went 2-0 against them and hillcrest and de la salle beat them also
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:32 pm

baller29 wrote:
hilcrest dossent belong up there, and sacred heart is better then louis riel
I don't think you have seen Hillcrest play if you believe that Hillcrest doesn't belong on this list. Hillcrest won the Earl of March Tourney and the Merivale tourney. They also won bronze in the St.Pats/Hillcrest tournament. That alone puts them on the list and not to forget that they finished the season with only 2 losses. Hillcrest also got some big wins over Ridgemont and Sir Robert Borden.
I don't feel Sacred Heart is better than Ridgemont and Hillcrest so how could they be possibly better than Louis Riel. Sacred Heart is an average team that played in a very weak West. Ridgemont and Hillcrest talent wise are much better than Sacred Heart. But Sacred Heart made to the championship game and kept it close and that is why Sacred Heart is 4th on this list
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 pm

ballaz wrote:
Ridgemont should not be seated so high seeing as immaculata went 2-0 against them and hillcrest and de la salle beat them also
I'll tell you why Ridgemont is seeded higher than Immaculata, Hillcrest, and De La Salle. Even though Ridgemont did lose to all these teams that you listed, Ridgemont did go farther than all these teams did in the playoffs reaching the Eastern Semis. What team doesn't have a bad loss on their resume's. De La Salle happened to be the bad loss that Ridgemont had on theirs. Ridgemont blew out Hillcrest 72-44 in their first match-up. Although Immaculata did beat Ridgemont twice those were to pretty close games that could have gone either way it just happened to go Immac's way. Ridgemont had a more productive season in tournaments than Immaculata. Ridgemont always did good in tournaments too. And that is why I feel Ridgemont is a better team than both Hillcrest and Immac so they are seeded higher due to that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:52 pm

My list would be:

1. St. Peter
2. Louis Riel
3. St. Matts
4. Ridgemont
5. Hillcrest
6.Sacred Heart
7. Sir Robert Borden
8. Immac
9. Merivale
10. Lisgar

I see these teams as being the elite in junior boys and this is the order i see them in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 am

To not have the top four as follows (St. Peter, Sacred Heart, Louis Riel, and SRB with LR and SRB interchangeable at 3 and 4) is simply misunderstanding rankings. St. Petes won so they get first ranking, SH finished second so they get second ranking. See the logic here? You can have whatever opinions you want about how the teams should have done, but the reality is these were the only four teams standing during the semi-finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballplayer

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 pm

sacred heart did come in second but the west and the east were two very different conferences when it comes to skill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:35 pm

coachc wrote:
To not have the top four as follows (St. Peter, Sacred Heart, Louis Riel, and SRB with LR and SRB interchangeable at 3 and 4) is simply misunderstanding rankings. St. Petes won so they get first ranking, SH finished second so they get second ranking. See the logic here? You can have whatever opinions you want about how the teams should have done, but the reality is these were the only four teams standing during the semi-finals.
Just like the person above me said the West and East were two very different conferences. The West being very weak as you can see in the top 10 list that was created at the top only three west teams were on it compared to 7 East teams. Just because Sacred Heart went to the finals that doesn't mean that they are ranked 2nd on the list. Quite frankly I believe that any of the semi-finalists in the East could easily beat Sacred Heart. Sacred Heart played one of their best games in the finals against St.Peter's and they still lost to a struggling St.Pete's. If Sacred Heart had played in a lot of tournaments they would have easily known that they weren't even top 5 in the city. I believe I only saw them play at the Ashbury tournament. The lost handily to St Matt's which didn't even reach the East Conference championship game. I believe it was by 15 or 12. I really wish that the Senior play-offs format is adopted in Juniors because the East has looked dominant the past 3or 4 years and it seems to stay that way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Sacred Heart is not a good team watsoever. The game vs SRB couldve went either way and we would be talking about SRB right now but Sacred Heart won so you have to give them props for winning the very very weak west. If they were in any of the eastern divisions they wouldn't be where they are right now. Maybe the west will be stronger next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rankings for Junior Teams This Season   Today at 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Rankings for Junior Teams This Season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1