HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:48 pm

I know its has been strictly ‘boy’s basketball’ talk in the BC Forums, but I would like to give the girls a little love, and talk about the upcoming AAA Girls season.

Big question going into the season will be if any teams can challenge the big 2 of Brookswood and Oak Bay this season for the Sr. Girls Triple A crown, they seem like the top tier of the girls teams. Holy Cross’ move to AAA after a dominant run through AA last season could be interesting and could challenge at the top along with last years AAA champ South Kam.

Provincial teamers in Lauren Yearwood, Morgan Roskelley, Marisa Harrington lead Oak Bay and last years AAA Sr. Girls runners-up Brookswood have Tayla Jackson, Jessica Brown leading there squad. The dark horse will be Holy Cross jumping up in tier and competition this year with 3 provincial players of their own in Michelle Bos, Amy Sprangers and Nicole Vander Helm coming off a Provincial AA title last season.

My Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A Rankings

1. Brookswood Bobcats (Langley)
2. Oak Bay Breakers (Victoria)
3. Holy Cross Crusaders (Surrey)
4. South Kamloops Titans
5. W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford)
6. Riverside Rapids (Port Coquitlam)
7. Claremont Spartans (Victoria)
8. Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver)
9. Kelowna Owls
10. MEI Eagles (Abbotsford)

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoons

PostSubject: Re: Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A   Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Bc high school girls have their own forum for their topics.
http://bcssgba.proboards.com
That would be where you can begin threads like this.
Most of the girls bball community discussion happens there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldSchoolCoach

PostSubject: Re: Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A   Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:15 am

Brookswood has added Aislinn Konig from Vancouver Wash. She played on Canada's national cadette team. Word is she is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A   Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:16 pm

zoons wrote:
Bc high school girls have their own forum for their topics.
http://bcssgba.proboards.com
That would be where you can begin threads like this.
Most of the girls  bball community discussion happens there.
I was just reading other threads in other province forums on the hooplife site and saw a bunch of talk on the girls basketball scene in other parts of Canada, and thought I'd put my two cents in on the girls basketball scene in BC since they don't get any rub on hooplife at all.

But thanks "zoons" I did not know about that other forum and will check it out.

OldSchoolCoach wrote:
Brookswood has added Aislinn Konig from Vancouver Wash. She played on Canada's national cadette team. Word is she is pretty good.
The rich get richer, haha, not familiar with her but see she did play for Canada at the 2013 FIBA Americas U16 Championship, listed as a 5'9 Point Guard, born in '98 making her a 10th grader? wow good pick-up for Brookswood, Bobcats have an ultra talented squad the next few years (IMO While Lauren Yearwood may be the most dominant, Tayla Jackson is the most talented girls high school player in BC)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Mouat senior Girls   Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:53 pm

As you know I’m a Mouat fan. After admitting that, Mouat will be good this year and I say, potentially a provincial winner in 2014-2015. They are ten deep and I mean very good ten deep. I have never seen this much talent on a girls team before. They are all grade 11’s fresh off a provincial junior title last year. They have added two 6’2 twin girls (from Yale...sat out last year), that are exceptionally talented to go along with the junior winning girls. They all have pretty much played with the Cascade elete program all summer. I believe they have one returning grade twelve Girl, (Jessie Gaunther). Paula Thompson, has done a great job at Mouat and she will be force again with this current upcoming squad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Mouat senior Girls   Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:26 pm

BB fanatic wrote:
As you know I’m a Mouat fan.  After admitting that, Mouat will be good this year and I say, potentially a provincial winner in 2014-2015. They are ten deep and I mean very good ten deep. I have never seen this much talent on a girls team before. They are all grade 11’s fresh off a provincial junior title last year.  They have added two 6’2 twin girls (from Yale...sat out last year), that are exceptionally talented to go along with the junior winning girls. They all have pretty much played with the Cascade elete program all summer. I believe they have one returning grade twelve Girl, (Jessie Gaunther). Paula Thompson, has done a great job at Mouat and she will be force again with this current upcoming squad!    
I got a chance to see the Cascade girls at the 2013 Kitsfest basketball tourney. Great team who made the finals, quick, skilled, and super competitive, bringing up a very good group who won the jr provincials, should be a real threat this season, I know they have ultra talented guard Denelle Hauck but not hugley familiar with the rest of the Mouat team, hope to see the Hawks in action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronisking

PostSubject: Re: Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A   Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:37 pm

brooks wood will definitely be the team to beat this year. A team that people probably haven't heard much of is MEI. In my opinion, they will give some great teams a battle. And be a top 5 team this year. With their starting lineup from last year all returning and their post duo down low of grade 11 Taylor Claggett and grade 12 Tessa Ratzlaff. As long as a few players come back strong from injuries, they will definitely be up there this year. Any other thoughts....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Who are the teams to beat in B.C. senior girls basketball this season?   Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Howard has come out with his PreSeason AAA Sr Girls rankings
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/11/26/11-26-13-the-b-c-senior-girls-triple-a-double-a-preseason-high-school-basketball-rankings/

PRESEASON RANKINGS
SENIOR GIRLS BASKETBALL
TRIPLE A
1. Brookswood Bobcats (Langley) (134 points)
2. Holy Cross Crusaders (Surrey) (124)
3. Oak Bay Breakers (Victoria) (120)
4. W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) (104)
5. South Kamloops Titans (99)
6. Riverside Rapids (Port Coquitlam) (82)
7. MEI Eagles (Abbotsford) (80)
8. Claremont Spartans (Victoria) (57)
9. Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver) (54)
10. Handsworth Royals (North Vancouver) (51)
Honourable mention — Kelowna Owls (33), Maple Ridge Ramblers (24), Mt. Baker Wild (Cranbrook) (18), Fleetwood Park Dragons (Surrey) (14), Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam) (9)
Others receiving votes — Salmon Arms Jewels, New Westminster Hyacks, Burnaby South Rebels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A   Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Tsumura Basketball Invitational - B.C. Sr. girls scores

Caught a couple of the girls games, before the Findlay game on Sunday, here are the final scores, and some thoughts on the games I saw.

#1 Brookswood 66 #3 Oak Bay 63
Jessie Brown (Brookswood) 39pts
Lauren Yearwood (Oak Bay) 15pts, 14 reb

Great action between Brookswood and Oak Bay, fought tooth and nail to the buzzer, both teams are very talented. Brookswood Gr.10 guard Aislinn Konig was very impressive with her conifedence and skill on the court, shots weren't falling for her but she kept getting to the rim, her handles are unreal, breaking more than a couple of ankles on the court. Jessie Brown was the star though, knocking down 3's and aggresively driving to the hoop and initiating contact, getting to the FT line often. Brookswoods guards were relentless in their tempo, and drove the team to the W. Oak Bay countered with excellent play on the interior led by Lauren Yearwood, who looked unguardable in single coverage in the post, offensively and defensively Oak Bays interior presence was felt, but not enough to overcome Jessie Browns offensive display.    

#2 Holy Cross 72 #5 South Kam 39
Amy Sprangers (Holy Cross) 19pts
Michelle Bos (Holy Cross) 19pts

Holy Cross' step up to the Triple A tier looks like a smart decision, as the HC girls put a drubbing on the defending AAA champs from South Kamloops. Holy Cross, dominated all over the court, a balanced attack from the defending AA Champs, their ball-movement and length at all positions give them a great advantage over many teams. Able to work the offense through the post or with shooters on the arc, they are a dangerous match-up for anyone. Michelle Bos continues to lead the HC girls with a versatile game, showed a good handle and vision to go with the size and speed to match-up with guards or forwards, and Amy Sprangers used her length to snatch up rebounds and skill to finish around the basket with a variety of post moves.

#7 MEI 84 #6 Riverside 67
Taylor Claggett (MEI) 32 pts, 13reb
Vanesssa Gee (Riverside) 24pts, 5reb, 3stl, 3ast

#4 WJ Mouat 69 #9 Argyle 28
Alica Roufosse (WJ Mouat) 23pts, 13reb
Peri M'Bikata (WJ Mouat) 16pts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A   Today at 1:52 am

Back to top Go down

Sr. Girls Basketball Triple A