HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Interlocking N.E. Schedule and late changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
poolie

PostSubject: Interlocking N.E. Schedule and late changes    Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:30 pm

WAL high school is petitioning the NBIAA to play in the AA loop instead of the AAA. It will make for hetic scheduling problems for the other three teams if they are denied. At this point pretty well all team have their season schedules finalized with a game or two to play with. Last year they played as an exhibition team due to numbers. To be forced to play at the AAA level would totally discourage these players as a whole. I think that they should be allowed to play AA this year and at years end make a decision whether they should be automatically bumped up to AAA for the next season depending on their performance this year.  Last year Bathurst was a late scratch and the remaing three teams in the North had to scramble to fill their schedules. JMH had a horrible time trying to schedule games even though they had a pretty decent team. I know that the teams in the east dislike traveling to the Miramchi area and onward to Bathurst. If the teams from the East are told that there is no interlocking schedule and they dont have to travel to the north, I would assume most of the teams from the east would cancel. I may be wrong with this assumption and I hope I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Interlocking N.E. Schedule and late changes    Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:49 pm

If they could have four in the north then travel is cut down for both them and the east which can be treacherous and annoying through the week. There is still lots of tournaments for these teams to round out schedules I got three emails today looking for participants
Picking tournaments that are suited to your level is more beneficial then interlocking and having a season worth of bad games
I'm making an assumption in that comment that there are some strong teams and some weak teams involved resulting in hours of travel to play games with a wide margin of victory (no one benefits from that)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: not the intention   Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Most of the teams in the East tend to book Friday night with double headers on a Saturday when they play teams in the North. All of the travel to the North is done in one weekend. We made  all of our trips in the interlocking girls schedule last year and never complained. Its all about getting to play the different teams and competing. You dont want to be embarassed by a team or run the score up on another team either. The question is Can we compete with the teams in the East. I hope so. I just hope that our boys play hard and stay competetive. As for the weather topic, I totally disagree. Games now adays all cancelled way to often. The fact is that we live in New Brunswick and it snows during basketball season. We just need to use our heads and at the first forcast of freezing rain or heavy snowfall cancel and reschedule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interlocking N.E. Schedule and late changes    Today at 5:16 am

Back to top Go down

Interlocking N.E. Schedule and late changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1