HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Eligibilty for playing junior or seniors?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ball4life2

PostSubject: Eligibilty for playing junior or seniors?   Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:39 am

How many games can a Junior play as a senior before he cannot go back to play juniors ? This is for a AAAA school. Thank you for any replies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukester0506

PostSubject: Re: Eligibilty for playing junior or seniors?   Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:42 am

I heard there was a change of rules on this. But not 100% sure. Ill look in to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
fraservalley

PostSubject: Re: Eligibilty for playing junior or seniors?   Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:59 am

There is no longer a limit. BC School sports removed it for the teams outside the Mainland, so they could field grade 8-12 teams, but it will surely be used and abused by coaches around these parts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Eligibilty for playing junior or seniors?   Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:47 pm

While I agree that not having a rule about the amount of senior games a junior aged kid can play is absolutely correct, I do however think their should be a rule that states that a junior player must play a certain number of league games in junior, to qualify for junior playoffs and provincials.

This rule could be used the right way in regards to a player having to play some games in senior due to an injury or players quitting.

I can however, seeing a team having a bunch of grade 10's in senior, the senior team doesnt do well and those players drop down to junior for playoffs and/or provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hurtubise_HC

PostSubject: Re: Eligibilty for playing junior or seniors?   Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:27 pm

This rule was put in place to help schools field both senior and junior teams. So if a player is needed to help a senior team they are not punished by having to leave the JV permanently.
A player that is registered on a senior team that was never playing on the junior team is not allowed to be parachuted in at the end of the season to the JV team for playoffs as this was not the intention of the rule. If a player was registered in the JV team they will need to be added to the senior roster once the JV playoffs are done. My Understanding is that they can't play in two sets of playoffs at the same time. They have to fill out a playing up form to move up to senior playoff roster but at that point they are off the JV roster and can't play JV anymore. Because of the possible abuse of this rule it will likely be back up for clarification at the BC School sports AGM in May to address the issue mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eligibilty for playing junior or seniors?   Today at 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Eligibilty for playing junior or seniors?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1