HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Local Tournaments?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CBBasketball

PostSubject: Local Tournaments?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:40 am

I'm wondering what has happened to all the senior tournaments in and around the city. The Cullen is in a few weeks, but then there used to be the Wren (St. Matt's) in late November. It didn't run last year, any word on this year?

Colonel By will host the 20th annual Cougar Classic Dec 12-14. Is there anything else before the break?

After the break, there is the St. Joe's tournament which used to be followed by an Ottawa U tournament and the National Capital Classic (or Coke Classic for those of us old enough to remember) Are those two tournaments running this year?

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a dearth of local senior boys tournaments in Ottawa? I would love to hear some opinions and would especially love to find out about more tournaments in the area. With such a great amount of talent in Ottawa right now, it is a shame to have to travel out of town to find more games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Local Tournaments?   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:40 pm

I believe that coach Wren is now at Lester B Pearson (heard it through the grapevine so not confirmed) so perhaps the Wren tournament will move location? I believe Ashbury is still having their tournament just before the holidays start. I have not heard anything about the National Capital and now that coach Dinato has changed schools and roles (vp now) I am not sure if it will run though coach Sutton may still run it...I have yet to hear. Other than those and the ones you mentioned, I have not heard very much else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopdreams

PostSubject: Ottawa Tournaments   Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:08 pm

How do I register my team for any of the tournaments going on during the year?

Is there a website where I can see a list of dates and location of the different tournaments going on in the region?

Looking for tournaments in December and January.

Thank you for your response.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Local Tournaments?   Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Usually the people running the tournament will post an invitation on a site like this, to an email list of coaches that they get from the athletic association, or through the athletic directors of the schools. In the invitation/information email, it will indicate who you should contact and how. I know that CBbasketball has posted an invitation to their tournament on this site and I believe it is in December. I also believe that Coach Wren just sent out an invitation to the coaches from last season about the Bill Wren tournament at St. Matts and I believe that it is the last weekend in November.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raps and Wildcats

PostSubject: Tournaments up the Valley   Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Arnprior-Renfrew host their annual Jr Boys and Sr Boys tournament Jan 17/18. Details at http://bit.ly/1ay3h1b

And both schools senior teams love tri-meets in late November/December if any city schools are interested in traveling a bit up the highway. If interested contact noacka@rcdsb.on.ca
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Tournaments?   Today at 7:16 am

Back to top Go down

Local Tournaments?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1