HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

This weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
39forever

PostSubject: This weekend   Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:32 pm

So it all starts this weekend. Being from a single A school, I am more familiar with the goings on in that division. Some interesting matchups early. John Caldwell, Caledonia and Harvey girls will all face each other at Harvey's kick-off tournament. With JC and Cal being the early favorites to go to HS at the end of the year, will be good to see how they fair this weekend. In boys action, Grand Manan will face Caledonia in a game which features probably 2 of the top 6 teams in the province. Devon Park boys and McAdam also face off this weekend in what could prove to be a good game as well. Can't wait for this all to get started!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:04 am

I'm sure there's lots of great games on the go this weekend. It is early though and teams from A-AAA may have only gotten their players back from soccer/football this week so it could be ragged early.

I know in A/AA boys there is a tipoff tournament with Woodstock playing a couple of AA teams and top A boys teams like Harvey/Hartland. AAA girls game of the weekend might be an exhibition tilt between LHHS and Sussex girls in Sussex Friday night. Best A girls action will likely be in Harvey. Lions Den tournament in two weekends to see some of the top AA/AAA boys/girls teams in the province matchup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rivhoops

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:55 am

So from my part of the province(Riverview), the varsity girls are still in practice mode until the Lion's Den tournament the weekend after next. Our Varsity  boys are in a holding pattern waiting for football season to end and reclaim some players. Their first action will be the Simonds tournament the weekend after next.

Our JV boys looks to be traveling to Woodstock for a tournament and our JV girls play an exhibition game vs. Sussex on Saturday.

Should be an interesting season with some new coaches at the helms of a couple of teams and definitely new look rosters. Can't wait to get started!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://riverviewhoops.wix.com/riverview-hoops#
39forever

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Grand Manan boys win on the road, beating Caledonia 94-90. In girls play, Harvey beat Stanley easily and it appears Caldwell is the team to beat (no real surprise here) as they come up with a big win over Caledonia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Anyone have scores from single A? i know there was a tournament in St Andrews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: SJDA Results   Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:39 am

I know the SJDA boys defeated Sam de Champlain and St. Malachy's (not sure if this was JV team) and are playing on the finals tomorrow evening. SJDA might be a sleeper in A this year. Have a 6'10" kid who has discovered some passion for the game. Several other talented players to go with him that played in the Fundy Minor basketball youth development program. Also now have Ben Morrison coaching so things are coming together for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:28 am

McAdam over Devon Park Boys 74-61
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:04 am

Friday Night Varsity Girls Action:

Sussex beats LHHS by 15 at home pulling away late.
Fredericton beats Fundy by 40 in Fredericton in a physical game.

Some great boys action in Miramichi this weekend. Not getting scores but seeing tweets about great play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Harvey Sr. Boys beat Southern Vic by 30 and Fundy by 18...... Not sure how the other games went
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 am

Harvey action : Caldwell cleaned up with easy wins against Caledonia, Stanley and Harvey . Their bench is deep.
Harvey and Caledonia both could be strong contenders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:19 am

Varsity Girls Action:

KV rolls over Simonds
Sussex handily defeats Tantramar.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rivhoops

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 am

Riverview JV girls lose to Sussex in exhibition Saturday. The Riverview JV boys win their tournament division in Woodstock by defeating Sussex JV, Canterbury Varsity and Woodstock JV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://riverviewhoops.wix.com/riverview-hoops#
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This weekend   Today at 1:19 pm

Back to top Go down

This weekend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1