HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Single A boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
B-ballfan

PostSubject: Single A boys   Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Who are the contenders in the single A division this year? Who are the top 5 point guards?bounce 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:31 pm

B-ballfan wrote:
Who are the contenders in the single A division this year? Who are the top 5 point guards?bounce 
In my opinion:

1.Hartland
2. Harvey
3. Grand Manan
4. Devon Park
5. Possibly McAdam

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Top 5 1. Hartland 2. Harvey 3. Caledonia 4. Grand Manan 5. McAdam/Devon/John Caldwell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 am

Metta Peace wrote:
Top 5  1. Hartland 2. Harvey 3. Caledonia 4. Grand Manan 5. McAdam/Devon/John Caldwell.
Not sure how you can put Caledonia ahead of GM when GM beat them on their own court last weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:44 am

It really doesn't matter if GM beat Caledonia or not neither team that I saw play has any chance of beating Hartland or Harvey. GM had 7 players and Caledonia had a bench full that didn't play. If that is what they have they will get beat because hartland and Harvey will be deep and strong and simply run them to pieces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:24 am

Anyone know of any games going on this weekend??

My top 5

1-Hartland
2-Harvey
3-Grand Manan
4-McAdam
5-Devon Park
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 pm

St.Stephen Spartans 60 @ McAdam Warriors 85 (Ex.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Harvey beat Rothesay Netherwood by a lot first game of our tournament and we are leading Caledonia by 50 after Q3. Devon park playing Harvey next.

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Anyone know of any games going on this weekend??

My top 5

1-Hartland
2-Harvey
3-Grand Manan
4-McAdam
5-Devon Park
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Harvey beats Devon park 69-49.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Dalhousie and Caledonia playing now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Looks like a two horse race..Harvey and Hartland in boys. Any chance of upsets? Harvey may be the victim on a given day???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:05 am

Any word on the scores of the other games at Hartland?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:30 am

Caledonia beat Dalhousie in a back and forth game.
Devon Park over RNS by 30 or so in a ugly affair.
We beat Dalhousie bad to end the day.

We are just finishing up playing Devon Park right now. Up by 50.
Harvey and Caledonia coming up next in other semi-final.

Will send my impressions through later once tournament is over/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Harvey over Caledonia in game of the tournament 80-78. Looks like GM, Caledonia, Harvey, and McAdam will be playing for the other HS spot.

Harvey and us in final.

Dalhousie and RNS coming up first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:19 pm

WOW congrats on making it to Harbour Station already there Huskies23.....that's a great accomplishment after only 2 weeks into the season......you guys must be unbeatable......

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:31 pm

How about the Hartland vs Harvey game, result?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:11 pm

We won by 13-15. Good game, a little sloppy at times but it was the 4th game for both teams.

It is not that I don't think we could never lose but after this weekend I almost think unfortunately that its going to be tough. I love to see competitive basketball but unfortunately from the teams I saw this weekend - and I think most of the top ones were here- they all have serious flaws.

RNS- very weak
Devon Park- decent defense but no go to players and no bench
Dalhousie- couple average players but no bench and take dumb fouls
Caledonia- gritty, strong, physical team with a nice point guard. do have one kid who seems to be a little bit of a hot head. No bench at all.
Harvey- great guard play and real nice big kid. he is fun to watch. well coached. I feel harvey was 2nd best team here but Caledonia just matched up well with them as harvey only has one big to go bang with the Caledonia guys and I think they let it get to them

From what else I have read grand manan has a strong starting group but no bench and mcadam played close to devon who are not very good.

Not trying to be cocky, it just seems to be a down year in Single A for overall depth on teams. Thats why I would pick the same two teams as last year in HS (although we all know anything can happen)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:31 am

You may be right Huskies23 that your team is untouchable this year but let me ask this question. What if one of your 2 all-stars were to incure an injury??? Is Hartland's bench deep enough to replace the skill of 1 these players?? I know it's a "what if" scenario but it's a good question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:57 am

I understand Hartland is definitely the team to beat in single A ball this year. You also have to understand the season has only begun. You can't take much from these first games. Teams will get better and injuries will happen. That's why we play the games. In saying that I do agree Hartland is probably gonna be there at HS. The worst thing you can do for your players though is have them getting ahead of themselves and believing they are unbeatable, that's when you get upset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 pm

I watched the Harvey Hartland game and it was a pretty intense game and close throughout (Harvey up 3 after 1 , up 1 at half , down 5 after 3 and after a run by Hartland in the 4th it ended up being a 13 point game) .I thought Harvey handled themselves well and the new grade 9 starters played well and will only get better this season as they get use to the caliber of play.....can't wait to watch more games.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Grand Manan beat Harvey at home early in the season last year....things were looking great for them. Pothier suffered a severe ankle sprain shortly after and they never recovered. It's a long season and key players need to remain healthy. I hope that no players get injured but they will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Well as in any "what if" scenario it always is going to impact a team negatively. If players satrt dropping well obviously they are much more likely to lose. I think common sense says that would happen to any team. Harvey without Drummond, GM without Potier, or Caledonia without any starter.

I do think all things being equaly that Harvey could beat us on a given day, but they are the only team with the depth and skill, although GM could change my mind if I get to see them. Injuries start happening to key players and obviously the vegas spread starts to change Smile

BumptheCutter wrote:
You may be right Huskies23 that your team is untouchable this year but let me ask this question. What if one of your 2 all-stars were to incure an injury??? Is Hartland's bench deep enough to replace the skill of 1 these players?? I know it's a "what if" scenario but it's a good question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:36 am

I have to agree that 23 seems to be a bit cocky marking their spot at HS already. Anything can happen and a team getting ahead of themselves can me disaster in crossovers versus a team with nothing to lose and a good coach. But in Hartland's defense, I assume that "Bump the cutter's" comment on the 2 allstars were in regards to Orser and Foster. They have another kid who is 6'5" who has totally come alive this year. He is big, mean, knows how to post up and can jump like a jack rabbit. They also have a pretty good supporting cast of size and ability. I guess I don't totally disagree with you comment but I would change it to say if Orser gets hurt, things can change dramatically as he is the quarterback and glues the team together.

BumptheCutter wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:39 pm

But there is always the possibility if teams werent playing "dirty" and players didnt get hurt for important games and teams such as harvey and hartland were to rest their main players and meet again in HS hartland has a strong team even though they lost a strong player last year but they look even more strong and even more smart with the way they work as a team where as harvey, yes, are somewhat strong in the post but the only person they have is Drummond hartland has Hamilton and Foster and for point guards and such I feel hartland deeper in the bench is better then harvey, so I agree with huskies 23
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Are you guys talking about Thomas, or does he have an older brother?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single A boys   Today at 5:12 am

Back to top Go down

Single A boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next