HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

South Preseason Ranking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: South Preseason Ranking   Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:55 pm

1 - LCI
2 - MHH
3 - Magrath
4 - Cardston
5 - WC
6 - Chinook
7 - CCHS
8 - Raymond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: South Preseason Ranking   Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:46 pm

I would put money on Cardston being in the top two. They have too many good athletes. Look at how well their football team is doing. Strong program with good coaching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southball

PostSubject: Re: South Preseason Ranking   Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Ya Cardston won't be as low as 4. Why would we think Magrath will be above Cardston? Their JVs beat them easily last year and the year before. Magrath has a couple nice players but they won't compete with Cardston, MHH, or LCI. What Cardston lacks in size they make up for in guard play. And their posts are decent players and can still be effective even if they aren't 6'7. But they will have the best guards in the south so I wouldn't count them out by any means.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: South Preseason Ranking   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:21 pm

It seems the consensus is that LCI and MHH are clearly 1 and 2 by a long way. Magrath brings back their 2 main players from last year while Cardston will bring more of a full team. I don't think there is any question Cardston will be significantly deeper but is that enough to get past Magrath's top talent who are game changers and have been busy in the offseason?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southball

PostSubject: Re: South Preseason Ranking   Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:57 am

well we shall see soon enough I suppose. LCI and MHH will certainly be tough and most people I think would place them as the top two. I think Cardston will surprise some nay sayers. Their current group of grade 12s won zones in Grade 9, won zones in JV, and then a few of them were on the provincial championship team from last year. So they have experience, and have played and won together for a long time. I think Cardston's 1,2, and 3 positions will be the best in the south. Magrath does have their two bests in McMahon and Gieske and they are nice players and have a few others that are good players as well. They will be a nice team but I don't think they will be able to compete with the experience and depth of LCI, Cardston, and Med Hat. I'm interested to see how Churchill will end up as well. They lost a lot but still have Mike P. and a few others from last year and have a group of grade 10s that are very good. Not sure if they will take some of that group up to the seniors as their grade 11 group is not as strong as their grade 10s this year. I'd imagine they'll load the Varsity with the best they have as they go for the 3A title in their home town. Did they also have a player transfer from Chinook?? CCH will lose a step I think but they will play tough CCH brand basketball. They always play well as a team, play good defense and are very disciplined. Will that continue with a coaching change? As far as I see it Raymond will be the only team in the south zone that nobody will really worry about. Maybe they'll surprise us all but they don't have a whole lot moving through their system right now it seems. If Chinook did lose that Quesnelle kid than they have lost a lot and have nothing coming up that's notable. JVs were weak last year and Justin Olson can't do it by himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Preseason Ranking   Today at 8:50 pm

Back to top Go down

South Preseason Ranking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1