HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AAA Boys 2013-2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bball123

PostSubject: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Lots of tournaments and games this past weekend, any surprising results or upsets ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bball123

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Anything even worth discussion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BayBaller.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:21 pm

I heard Fredericton lost twice, to a team in nova scotia and to Leo Hayes. Riverview looked okay at the tip off tourny in Saint john this weekend, not much depth but a big man that finishes everything around the rim. Simonds did pretty bad, but they did lose basically everyone from a pretty good team last year, id be suprised if they did anything this year. Saint John high looks good and deep this year, it'll only be between them and kv in the southwest this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rivhoops

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Seen Fredericton boys in action over the weekend playing Woodstock, fun game to watch as Woodstock kept the game close on multiple occasions. Fredericton is a good team, but will have to work a lot harder this year as there are some pretty hungry teams looking to knock the powerhouse down a notch or two.

Leo defeating the Cats in their own gym just shows how much teams are improving around the province.

The Auburn team from Nova Scotia, definitely an outstanding team, in one word "Showtime" those boys came to play and win. Good size, well balanced and deep bench.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://riverviewhoops.wix.com/riverview-hoops#
Bball123

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Absolutely agree that fredericton will have to work harder this year. Their losses go to show that they can lose and will only make other schools hungry for a shot at beating them. I'm assuming it was Auburn and Leo Hayes In the finals... How did that turn out? And What happened at the Simonds tourney?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Riverview varsity and JV both won the Simmonds tourney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Bball123 wrote:
Absolutely agree that fredericton will have to work harder this year. Their losses go to show that they can lose and will only make other schools hungry for a shot at beating them. I'm assuming it was Auburn and Leo Hayes In the finals... How did that turn out? And What happened at the Simonds tourney?
Why would you assume LHHS was in the finals? Auburn beat LHHS in one semi-final and KVHS defeated Prince Andrew in the other. For the 2nd straight year Auburn beat KVHS in the finals.

Once again the Lions Den tournament was a great showcase of NB High School basketball. Teams were loaded with talent, FHS vs LHHS men's game was a packed house decided on 3 ptr in the final seconds, plus several university/college coaches were in attendance throughout the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Bball123

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 pm

My mistake, that's what I understood from everything I've heard about the tournament... Sounds like it was an action packed weekend in Fredericton for sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Auerbach

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:17 am

So what's the landscape after the first weekend? LHHS knocks off FHS and some had predicted them going undefeated this season. What a great cross town rivalry that is becoming. LHHS loses handily to Prince Andrew but KVHS defeats Prince Andrew by 12 in the semi finals. Does this mean KVHS is at the top of the heap in NB? I thought KV was young and rebuilding. I understand FHS has a key player (Nelson) on the sidelines but so does KV (O'Neil). What about SJHS, Riverview, or other contenders. It sounds like there may be some drama this season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 am

To clarify...LHHS lost to Auburn by 50+ and Prince Andrew by 30+. FHS lost to Prince Andrew by 2 (they didn't play Auburn). KVHS beat Prince Andrew by 12 and lost to Auburn Drive twice by 20+. LHHS defeated FHS by 3.

The standings based on the Lions Den tournament would be...
1) Auburn Drive
2) KVHS
3) PAHS
4) LHHS
5) FHS

As far as I know there hasn't been any other head-to-head match ups or common opponents to gauge where teams like Riverview, Saint John High or Moncton rank against those three NB teams.

People shouldn't read too much into these early season scores. Match-ups are so important at any time, but in November before teams have had time to work on systems like transition D, P&R defense, press break, etc., match-ups can make a huge difference. It will be interesting to see these three team again in mid December in the Rick Cotter Classic and again at the Riverboat tournament in January. Saint John High is also at those two tournaments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Boys 2013-2014   Today at 1:05 pm

Back to top Go down

AAA Boys 2013-2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1