HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA BOYS PREDICTIONS AND TALK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
retro baller

PostSubject: AA BOYS PREDICTIONS AND TALK   Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:45 pm

'A' and 'AAA' have been getting lots of hype but I'm curious as to what people think of 'AA' this year. I made it down to a few of the games in Fredericton this weekend and on top of seeing a great game between LHHS and FHS, I got to see both Carleton North and Woodstock play. I know it's early but from what I saw CNHS didn't seem to be as dominant as they supposedly are this year. Woodstock played a good game against FHS but I'm still curious to see WHS play CNHS. I also heard that the Rothesay boys were at the Hartland tournament this weekend. If that's the practice they're getting compared to the Stars and Thunder, they don't stand a chance in my opinion. Both Woodstock and Carleton North are well coached, Woodstock with veteran Scott Jones and CNHS with a young but smart Jamie Gray.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: AA BOYS PREDICTIONS AND TALK   Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:44 pm

CHNS is definitely playing a great schedule. They were in the Lions Den tournament this past weekend, are attending the CEC tip-off this weekend and will be in the Rick Cotter Classic in Dec. And those are just the ones I know about. They will be facing a lots high caliber NB AAA talent and several NS D1 teams.

It's probably a little unfair to say CHNS is not "as dominant as they supposedly are this year". They are a very good AA team. This past weekend they played KVHS, Auburn and Horton. They just don't have the depth or size these AAA/D1 teams have. They played even with KVHS and stayed with Auburn through 3 quarters. I'm not sure what everyone's expectations are for the top AA teams in these tournaments but I think that's a solid opening weekend and should keep them as one of the front runners for AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: AA BOYS PREDICTIONS AND TALK   Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:40 am

retro baller wrote:
........ I also heard that the Rothesay boys were at the Hartland tournament this weekend. If that's the practice they're getting compared to the Stars and Thunder, they don't stand a chance in my opinion......
Hi Retro fyi that was Rothesay Netherwood that was at the Hartland tournament on the weekend not Rothesay High School.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: Rothesay was in Miramichi Hoop Classic   Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:46 am

Rothesay was in the Miramichi Hoop Classic this past weekend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
retro baller

PostSubject: Re: AA BOYS PREDICTIONS AND TALK   Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Hardfouls wrote:
CHNS is definitely playing a great schedule. They were in the Lions Den tournament this past weekend, are attending the CEC tip-off this weekend and will be in the Rick Cotter Classic in Dec. And those are just the ones I know about. They will be facing a lots high caliber NB AAA talent and several NS D1 teams.

It's probably a little unfair to say CHNS is not "as dominant as they supposedly are this year". They are a very good AA team. This past weekend they played KVHS, Auburn and Horton. They just don't have the depth or size these AAA/D1 teams have. They played even with KVHS and stayed with Auburn through 3 quarters. I'm not sure what everyone's expectations are for the top AA teams in these tournaments but I think that's a solid opening weekend and should keep them as one of the front runners for AA.
Oh I definitely agree that it was a nice way to start the season for both WHS and CNHS. Both teams will be exciting to watch throughout season. The Stars are always a physical team and the Thunder will surely bring it. Can't wait to see the two teams square off against eachother and other AA teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
retro baller

PostSubject: Re: AA BOYS PREDICTIONS AND TALK   Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:27 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
retro baller wrote:
........ I also heard that the Rothesay boys were at the Hartland tournament this weekend. If that's the practice they're getting compared to the Stars and Thunder, they don't stand a chance in my opinion......
Hi Retro fyi that was Rothesay Netherwood that was at the Hartland tournament on the weekend not Rothesay High School.
Thank you for the clarification! As far as I'm concerned CNHS, WHS and RHS are the top contenders this season. Does anybody know when any of these 3 teams play each other?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA BOYS PREDICTIONS AND TALK   Today at 5:29 am

Back to top Go down

AA BOYS PREDICTIONS AND TALK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1