HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Best juinior players in the north

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sueballa44

PostSubject: Best juinior players in the north   Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Whats the junior all-start team for this past year? I know timmins had a few guys just wondering how other teams mactched up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachp

PostSubject: Re: Best juinior players in the north   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Timmins High had a couple good juniors. Tim Andrews and Alex Losier played well in tournaments. MVP and all-star at the gold cup and the Zenon Ziemba. Basils had a great team but I we don't see them much in the North. (Timmins, North Bay, Sudbury). Algonquin from North Bay also had a great team. They won 3 tournaments, NDA and NOSSA A by 25 to 30 pts. Lost twice to TH and beat them once. Tanner Owca, Gabriel Rancourt and Ricky Dussault were the big # on that team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sueballa44

PostSubject: Re: Best juinior players in the north   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Yeah I agree I'd say from what i've seen Timmins had the best junior team in the north, alex losier and tim andrews we're their scores but I really think that the key to their team was there guard play. I think it was Micheal Beda and Andrew Coutts were the key to there offence and defence. And there #12 had a big game that I saw in the west ferris tournament, so i'd say their gonna be a threat for the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachp

PostSubject: Re: Best juinior players in the north   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:19 pm

A junior tournament of the Northern winners would be a good addition. Algonquin lost to TH and beat them, Algonquin beat Scollard Hall from NB 6 times ( 5 of those by 25 or more) Basils beat scollard by 30 at AAA NOSSA. Those 3 teams would of made a good basketball showcase for the northern junior teams.

Might be biased (from NB) but I saw the Algonquin team in our league and I think they are the best junior team in the north.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sueballa44

PostSubject: Re: Best juinior players in the north   Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:18 pm

I heard that the time algonquin beat TH it was in OT, AND the kid you said, uhh alex losier? wasn't even there and the other two times they played he wet all over them. Just gettin that from the TH website so im not sure how accurate it is or isn't
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Best juinior players in the north   Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:48 am

If one says that "AAA" is the highest level of ball in the north (sorry no "AAAA") then how come you have not mentioned St. Basils? As much as it pains me to say it, ( I play for St. Marys) they are far and away the best junior team north of Barrie in the whole of Ontario. I think that they won a couple of tournamenst (Windsor and London) and won every game at NOSSA buy 20 at least!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachp

PostSubject: Re: Best juinior players in the north   Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 am

Just like to point out that I did mention basils and that we don't see them in the timmins, sudbury and north bay area so that is why we have nothing on them. Also the Timmins junior coach does the write ups in their website so a biased opinion it is. That's ok it's his website. AAA is not the be all and all. Scollard, Lockerby and Chippewa all lost to Algonquin this year by 20 or more. Algonquin is an A school and can't move up 2 spots in junior NOSSA. That is why they couldn't go to AAA. But they beat all the AA and AAA team they played this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Best juinior players in the north   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Best juniors in the north from the 2011/2012 season?? i heard o'gorman had some talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best juinior players in the north   Today at 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Best juinior players in the north
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1