HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

3A Preseason Ranking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: 3A Preseason Ranking   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm

1 - George McDougall
2 - Canmore
3 - Holy Trinity OK
4 - Cochrane
5 - Edmonton Christian
6 - Winston Churchill
7 - Holy Trinity ED
8 - WR Myers
9 - Chestermere
10 - Louis St. Laurent
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 3A Preseason Ranking   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:06 am

Your pre season rankings are way off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 3A Preseason Ranking   Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:37 pm

I wouldn't say way off but certainly the order has to change. A couple have to drop off and others have to be added.

WC may not be as good as I had originally thought coming out of the gate but I still think they'll pick it up as the season progresses since they play in one of the toughest leagues in the province. I'll keep them right where they are. MR Myers is 5-0 with big wins over Brooks, Crescent Heights and Wetaskiwin which isn't a surprise but a couple nice wins over George McDougall and Chestermere. George Macdougall has 2 losses showing including to Chestermere but haven't put their wins up. Chestermere is 3-1 with a big win over McCoy which is no surprise but a nice close win over Canmore. Canmore has 2 losses, the other one a big one against BOB but they haven't put their wins up either. Cochrane has 2 bad losses and it looks like they have some major injury issues in the notes. Hard to say what that means later but with those 2 games they can't be considered in the mix. Holy Trinity had a close loss to Centennial which again is hard to say what that means. Centennial lost to Crescent Heights Calgary by 20 in Calgary league play so it probably means they aren't quite as high as I had them. Edmonton Christian has no scores up yet. Louis St. Laurent had a 1 pt win over Ardrossan. Sturgeon is 4-2 with a couple of bad losses to top 4A teams but some nice wins too. Leduc and Holy Trinity Edmonton are both playing 4A this year.

Right now I'd rearrange and go with this:

1. WR Myers
2. Edmonton Christian
3. Chestermere
4. Canmore
5. George Mac
6. Winston Churchill
7. Sturgeon
8. Holy Trinity OK
9. Louis St. Laurent
10. Ardrossan

Better? Its obviously easier once there is something to go off of other than rumor. Way off would be if I had Crescent Heights MH, Brooks, Kate Andrews and Eagle Butte in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southball

PostSubject: Myers   Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:35 pm

What league does Myers play in now? is there a website for that league?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 3A Preseason Ranking   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:21 pm

South East Basketball Conference. There isn't a website I know of. They just send a schedule out to schools in pdf format and occasionally update it with scores.

Teams are Crescent Heights, McCoy, Brooks, WR Myers, St. Joseph’s, Eagle Butte

Back to top Go down
View user profile
For Three

PostSubject: Re: 3A Preseason Ranking   Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Louis St. Laurent will be higher than 9. You have Edmonton in general under-ranked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3A Preseason Ranking   Today at 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down

3A Preseason Ranking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1