HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hoops

PostSubject: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:04 am

yoooo
whose gonna take it this yr!
predictioins
im goin with shep....i think they can pull it outta their ass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eastsideball24

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:07 am

JP 82 Shep 52 i believe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
college ball

PostSubject: Edmonton City Finals   Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:26 am

The kid from jp who shot the last shot with a 30 spread has NO class
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eastsideball24

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:53 pm

He couldn't do anything the shot clock was counting down. if he wouldve just taken the shot clock violation shep wouldve ran down the court and tried to hit a three or a shot as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ominous

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Do you think there is any love lost between those two teams. Really, JP shouldn't care about class. They need to prepare for provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:34 pm

wowww do i ever regret my prediction, i was a little off
i agree, shot clock or no shot clock, rivalry or no rivalry that was a dick move on buffy
1 second left and you pop a 3 in their face?
and no shep wouldnt have ran it up the court by that point they were just standing
congradulations to rick stanle though, is that his first city championship gold?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttleworth

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:22 am

Wow, congratulations to Rick Stanley and the JP boys. JP goes 9-0 in league play, then in the City championship tourney drop over 100 on HA and beat a very good Ross Shepard team by 30 (holding them to just 52 points). I'd say Coach Stanley and the boys have silenced a lot of the critics out there.

St. FX seems to be rolling right along as well. It will be interesting to see the St. FX vs. JP game as they match up and go into provincial seeding. 1-1 in head-to-head play.

O'leary, PK or Sturgeon, HA and Shep all battling to get out of Edmonton with the remaining spots. I'm not convinced that O'Leary and PK can get out...I guess we'll let the boys' play decide it.

Edmonton Zone Playdowns Schedule at...
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/metroedm/Basketball/bb4ABoysGirls.pdf

Last edited by JesusShuttleworth on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttleworth

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:25 am

Hoops wrote:
wowww do i ever regret my prediction, i was a little off
i agree, shot clock or no shot clock, rivalry or no rivalry that was a dick move on buffy
1 second left and you pop a 3 in their face?
and no shep wouldnt have ran it up the court by that point they were just standing
congradulations to rick stanle though, is that his first city championship gold?

Shot clock at 1...gotta shoot it. Under 24 seconds left...that's when you hold for no final shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:03 am

sheps players on the court were standing there not even guarding or motioning towards buffie,
theres no way that shot should have been taken, you're up by 30. hold the ball and show some class
Back to top Go down
View user profile
High Flyer

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 am

Hoops wrote:
sheps players on the court were standing there not even guarding or motioning towards buffie,
theres no way that shot should have been taken, you're up by 30. hold the ball and show some class

When JP got the ball with a fresh 24 second clock, there were 28 seconds on the game clock. JP had three options:

1. Run the clock down to 1 or 2 and shoot which EVERYBODY ELSE would have done.
2. Run the clock down to 1 or 2 and then hand the ball to Shep (not likely to happen).
3. Take a 24 second violation and Shep gets the ball with 4 seconds on the game clock.

If Buffie chose option #3, you would be sitting here saying the JP players have no game awareness to take a 24 second violation at that point in the game etc. etc. Get over it, Shep got OWNED period. And by the way, yes Tyree Malcolm in fact DID throw a half court chuck when the horn went. Under the circumstances, Buffie did exactly what he should have done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoops Ref

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:24 am

Congratulations to Jasper Place on a job well done! As far as the cross over games to determine the four Edmonton teams at Provincials, it looks like this:

Harry Ainlay (P3) at Archbishop O'Leary (M2)

Paul Kane or Sturgeon (M3) at Ross Sheppard (P3)

Jasper Place (P1) vs. St. Francis Xavier (M1)

I don't think either PK, Sturgeon, or O'Leary can beat either of the public teams, but who knew JP would beat Shep by 30 in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!   Today at 9:05 am

Back to top Go down

EDMONTON CITY FINAL PUBLIC, JP VS SHEP?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1