HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

FHS JV GIrls Program?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bev Sinclair

PostSubject: FHS JV GIrls Program?   Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:13 am

We were coming to Fredericton to watch our niece play in the FHS JV girls' tournament this weekend and it's been cancelled. FHS doesn't have enough players. Anyone in Fredericton with knowledge of what's going on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady12

PostSubject: FHS jv girls   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:09 pm

here's what I got- FHS has only 8 girls on JV team and will concentrate on league games not tournaments; FHS operates 3 teams, varsity, jv and Exhibition on the girls side it is not unusual to have less than 12 /team, I say not unusual but one can only speculate why a high school with 1900 students doesn't have 36 ball players?? Obviously the numbers don't tell the whole story in terms of competing, similar situations appear in other large schools from time to time, it would be interesting to drill down and see why, my guess its the commitment, costs and competition from other sports/activities, club volleyball is huge in Fredericton
Back to top Go down
View user profile

FHS JV GIrls Program?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1