HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:39 am

Well....we are a little less than three months from the Final 12. Has anyone noticed the schedule? If you don't know....according to the NBIAA website, the 'AAA' games are Friday night, followed by the 'A' games Saturday afternoon..and the 'AA' games at night.

If your 'showcase' event is 'AAA'....why are the games played first, on Friday night? To me, Friday night is an 'A' tradition....usually good crowds and good atmosphere. Are they having problems drawing fans for the 'AAA' games? I dunno...just asking....it just seems a bit bizarre, as to why your 'showcase' events are being played first.

Does the NBIAA think that putting the 'A' games in the afternoon that some will stay for the 'AA' night session? I dunno....anybody know the 'real' reason(s)? Is 'AAA' trying to steal the thunder of the 'A' Friday night games?

Maybe most of you don't care....but, I think it's a shame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:30 am

A decision was made to rotate the games each year so each division has an opportunity to play in one of the three different sessions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:05 am

Surely the NBIAA has enough to do than just sit around and think of ways to "screw" A schools.Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest

PostSubject: Re: Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:42 am

They must have had a meeting on the grassy knoll!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Not sure why the assumption would be that when something changes that impacts everyone that the intention was that it be done to screw one of the groups involved?

The decision was made to rotate the games. I'm only assuming but that so no particular region/team/classification would have an annual built in advantage/disadvantage by the schedule. It would fluctuate from year to year. This way kids/fans/teams get to experience the Final 12 in a variety of ways.

For instance I'm sure some AA teams/ A teams and fans who might not ever get the chance to see the AAA finals for travel reasons will this year. The A schools will get to come in Friday for team events and have a night to settle in and watch basketball before playing on Saturday/ travel and spend another night at home as is their preference. I'm also sure some teams/ schools will now have to travel more.

Don't think there is a perfect solution. I also don't have a problem with wanting to change to make it more equitable or unique for kids year in and year out.

Looking at the front runners in the divisions lets just assume (not predicting just need names) if the top two teams now were there in FEb.: you've got Fredericton vs Sussex girls Friday, KVHS vs a Fredericton school in boys Friday. Saturday you might have JCS vs Caledonia and Hartland vs Harvey, followed by Woodstock vs. Rothesay and CNHS vs. Woodstock. Not sure how any there would feel "Screwed" about that weekend schedule of basketball.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm not sure, but I believe it was the A schools that suggested the rotation as it's always the families of the A schools that need to leave work early on that Friday to attend the event. It will be interesting to see if the rotation impacts attendance or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?   Today at 9:01 am

Back to top Go down

Is the NBIAA trying to screw 'A' again?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1