HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

cardston high school tourment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
westwind Bball

PostSubject: cardston high school tourment    Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:00 pm

hey so the cardston tourment started yesterday the results I know so far are that lci won foothills won cardston won and shep won
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: cardston high school tourment    Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Cardston by Four over LCI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: cardston high school tourment    Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:28 pm

Cardston champions again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GT3

PostSubject: Re: cardston high school tourment    Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:32 am

I cannot believe Cardston won this tourney!? LCI is clearly the better team, did LCI play absolutely terrible? And Cardston play out of their minds? Was it the home court advantage maybe? I just feel like LCI is by far the better team. Oh well, its the beginning of the season, LCI just needs to get some things fixed and they'll be on their way to a zone banner and a possible provincial banner. Congrats on the win, but Cardston will do nothing the rest of the year, I guess its better now then never.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old chief

PostSubject: Re: cardston high school tourment    Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:18 am

I have been a casual observer of high school sports for many years on both the girls and boys side of things. The one thing that I think people like GT3 don't understand is that Cardston has created a culture of hard work and a never quit attitude in their athletes. Many schools who have the "better team" don't have that culture and will have a hard time replicating what Cardston has done the last few years. 5 provincial titles in the last 4 years between the two major sports of football and basketball. Sure Lci might be a better team on paper, but they have had so many outsiders (especially the one and done grade 12's) come into their athletic program from other schools that it is difficult for them to develop the culture needed to win the big games and consistently produce a winning program. The south league will be an exciting one this year and I think teams will need to be ready to play each and every night or some upsets will happen. I don't expect the domination from Cardston that we've seen the last two years but they will always play hard and leave it all on the court.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: cardston high school tourment    Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:31 pm

@Old chief

I would agree with that. A very team orientated, well coached, hard working group year in and year out. When they do get the really gifted athletes like Anderson and Lutz, that's when they do they do big things. They have a lot of work ahead of them to stay where they currently sit at but I don't doubt they'll be in the mix come March.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cardston high school tourment    Today at 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down

cardston high school tourment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1