HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A Boys Rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Wizard

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:49 pm

I was at the LCI/Med Hat game. Not to take anything away from a talented and deep Med Hat team, but the Rams shot an uncharacteristic 11/22 from the free throw line (official stats) and 30% from the field (my own unofficial estimate). If I got a dollar for every layup they missed I would have had a heavy wallet! Despite a cold shooting night, they still sent the game into OT where they had a chance to win it. It happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steamrolled

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:55 pm

That's the saddest excuse if ever heard

Maybe Medicine Hat will
Say that if they knew lci was such a bad ft shooting te
They woulda out them
On the line 60 times and won by 30 instead

So not to take anything away from med hat but lci can't make Layups or free throws

You're right

Don't take
Anything away
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wizard

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:03 am

Whew. You've been a "member" since 2005 and have 47 posts on this forum. Go to bed steamrolled. Just go to bed.

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GT3

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Last Night Raymond handily beat Cardston. Raymond had control of the entire game and they beat Cardston in every category. It was a enjoyable game to watch, a classic Raymond/Cardston rivalry game. The fans were into it, the boys were scrappy and fought for every lose ball like it was their life, there were high tempers, and every player put everything on the line to try to beat the one team they grew up to hate. Yes there were some questionable calls, but there always are, refs aren't perfect. Raymond ended up winning by 13 but was up by 20+ points for three quarters of the game and was up by as much as 30 at one point. Raymond had 3 different players with 20+ points. Raymond was fast, very fast, going back to the Raymond way where they run teams to the ground. Watch out for Raymond, they won't go down without a fight, Raymond is a Dark Horse and should not be overlooked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:55 pm

I think that drops Cardston out of the top 10 for sure as they were just hanging on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball123

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:14 pm

I love to watch physical and high tempo basketball games but the cardston/Raymond game was out of hand! I am not one to blame a game on the refs, but those calls weren't just questionable, they were ridiculous. I don't even know if I would call that a basketball game. Give Raymond credit though, they played fast and shot the lights out. The refs though were a huge factor in that loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:55 pm

I watched the Raymond/Cardston game as well. Credit to Raymond on their fast break. They are very fast getting down the floor. Reffing was questionable they could not keep up with the play and that game was totally out of control. This played into Raymond's hands more than it did for Cardston as Raymond played more physical. Very tough game. Will be interesting if these two meet up in zones.

Last edited by southball on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:10 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ramfan

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:29 pm

The website has Cardston beating Raymond by 30? Not accurate?

Med Hat beats LCI on their own court, LCI wins easy at Cardston, Cardston handles Churchill on the road, and now Raymond beats up on Cardston...the south is shaping up to be very interesting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:33 pm

Website is not accurate. Raymond won by 13.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:33 pm

WC vs Cardston - Cardston is a lot deeper than WC and they really worked hard to shut down the WC offensive threats. They play a really nice team game and deserved that win.

Cardston vs Raymond - Refs totally changed the outcome of that game but it was in favor of a style and not necessarily one sided. Cardston just didn't adjust to the way it was officiated. Sometimes you have to go the trenches and they didn't seem willing to. Credit goes to Raymond for bringing the intensity. It was entertaining if nothing else.

I'm fairly sure that these games won't count for this ranking period so I don't expect Cardston to drop out of the top 10 with that loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:41 am

I have enjoyed watching basketball for a number of years and have really enjoyed watching the teams from the south. The rivalry between Cardston and Raymond is a classic. I have seen both teams in the past 5 years win 2 provincial championships each and there style of ball is catching on throughout the province. Fast paced with the skills involved.
I heard this game was coming up, I made sure to attend. Two teams that just never quite and are both exciting to watch. I got there mid way through the JV game and noticed that the officials were letting it get quite rough. Raymond coach and bench ended up getting technical fouls. The game went into overtime and Cardston ended up winning the match. Looking forward to these 2 teams also having good games in the near future.
The Varsity game was just as I expected. Back and forth with tons of fast breaks. Raymond definately came out to play this game and played tough.
There was alot of physical play that I did not like though. There is a # 20 for Raymond. Guard who I noticed was throwing punches away from the play on the Cardston kids and he never once got called. I did notice that the Raymond coach did see it happen and took that player off for a short time, but was put right back on. Then a short time after that Cardston coach ended up taking a T for what I thought was a good T cause of the rough play that was occuring. Then about 3-4 minutes later the assistant coach was standing (Head coach sitting, rules I was told) talking to the official and he gets a T and something was said by the official cause then the assistant stands right beside the official and then there was another T.
The officials seemed hesitant to clean up the game. It was like lets get this game done so we can go to the bar after and we can talk about it there and laugh about it. There was one thing that happened after the game that I really didn't like.
As I was leaving the gym in the south east corner where the visiting team changes and the officials change, I noticed the Cardston coach talking to a shorter red haired stocky guy who had been watching the game. They were both leaning up against the wall and I was guessing that it was another official who was watching the game also, since he was standing by the officials door. So I wanted to hear what was being said so I went and stood near enough to hear the conversation. The Cardston coach was asking this official, How can you allow these players to play with deliberate dirty play and let it happen with nothing being done about it. The red haired guy told the coach to go talk to his players in the dressing room. Then the coach said I would just like you to answer my question. Then the red haired man looked at the coach told him to F OFF and walked away. I thought to myself that that official is way out of line for saying that. So as I was walking out I asked the man walking beside me, who that red haired official was walking in front of us was and he said who, that guy, I said yes. What he said blew me away. OH THATS JIM RALPH THE HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL he's not an official at all. I didn't know what to say after that. My only thought was afterwards, I guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. He has the same mentality as the player throwing punches.
I would hope that cooler heads prevail for now on and that things get straightened out down south, with there league, and there officiating. Its too bad that it has gotten that far
Back to top Go down
southside

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Perspective is an amazing thing. How about the assistant coach chest bumping the official.. or the head coach telling Mr Sheen to get a "t" cause he couldn't get another one. Lets look at who already has been kicked out this year? We all know Coach Q has a personal vendetta against the O family; but I have never seen such poor sportsmanship in my life. Him not shaking one of the other coaches hands at the end of the game was ridiculous along with his statements to him and the nonstop swearing at the refs. My how your attitude of entitlement makes you look like a fool!!! Raymond out hustled; out ran and outshot your team. If you worried about coaching as much as the refs; you would take it as a loss and learn from it! Refs do not cause a 30 point game.... and at one point it was that....
BTW hear say is not evidence. How many accounts do you have on here Coach Q?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:03 pm

This is so much more entertaining than Calgary HS ball. If we could only add in Catholic Central/Dino into the mix this year we'd be set. No question the games this week put MHH at the top of the south. Everyone else including LCI is chasing them. The way it looks right now they are on a roll and I don't think they'll get beaten by anyone south of Edmonton all year.

BTW - I don't think slimjim is Q. I'm almost certain its JF's father. I think he just misses it too. The sad part is that there are no more Cardston/Raymond games scheduled to keep this going!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
southball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Ya I don't think slimjim is the Cardston coach and for the record this isn't their coach either. I admit I follow Cardston as well as the whole league closely but I like to see Cardston win so perhaps my post is a bit bias. But other posters including 12321 are unbiased and shared similar thoughts on the outcome of the night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:43 pm

SlimJim, you need to go delete your previous posts before going on a rant like that and trying to be an unbiased bystander. It took me two seconds to look back and see that you were going on the same rants about Raymond physically beating up Cardston in 2010. Funny how thats the same excuse you used back then when Raymond was dominating Cardston, you just change the names of the players. Also funny how 90% of your posts are pro cardston. To have followed a Cardston and Raymond rivalry this long and claim to not know who Jim Ralph is, just throws all of your credibility out the window. when did Ralph get red hair? I call bs that you heard any conversation between the coach and Jim and you are going by heresay.
It is interesting that many facts are being left out like the foul count being highly in favour of Cardston with these horrible refs. 9-2 in favour of Cardston in the first quarter!
Win with class and lose with class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball123

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:54 pm

How about a 12-2 foul count In the 3rd quarter in favour of Raymond? If you were at that game one could see how one sides it was!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southside

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Fouls at
end of 1st 8- Raymond 2 Cardston
Half time 16- Raymond 8 Cardston
end of 3rd 8 - Cardston 6 Raymond

So now you make up stats?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aball

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:12 pm

OK- lets first all understand that this is Southern Alberta 4A mens basketball! It has always been the roughest and most loosely called league in Alberta. The discussion has ALWAYS been that the refs let everything go in the South, that they call it half and half in Calgary and that they call every touch in Edmonton. I believe that is why Southern Alta teams are so competitive at provincials. These teams are ready to compete! Prepare for it, deal with it, and understand it is making you tougher and better prepared for the playoff run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4A Boys Rankings   Today at 9:01 am

Back to top Go down

4A Boys Rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2