HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chongo

PostSubject: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:02 pm

The first Northern to play in an OFSAA tournament was West Ferris of North Bay. They played Anderson who was #2 seed and the LOSSA rep. They lost by 15, 71-56 in a 1030am game. Lets post all the northern results when we find out. I believe that Basil's play at 130pm against a Toronto Team, a Bishop Romero, out of the TDCAA. Timmins (#7) plays Owen Sound (#13) @ 640pm.

Let's hope for some better results. As much as I think that we should be there I was still hoping that they won!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutControl

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Ferris lost to Anderson earlier in the year by 20+ at the Tomahawk, so not really a surprise there. I wish they would have declared AA based on that result alone Shocked

The Timmins game will be streamed on the OFSAA website I believe. The Basils one isn't being streamed as theyre playing at Assumption, but they're up a little at half.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm

OutControl wrote:
Ferris lost to Anderson earlier in the year by 20+ at the Tomahawk, so not really a surprise there. I wish they would have declared AA based on that result alone Shocked

The Timmins game will be streamed on the OFSAA website I believe. The Basils one isn't being streamed as theyre playing at Assumption, but they're up a little at half.

The reason they did not declare "AA" was that they knew that they could not beat Basil's.

Is it true that Chippewa has already declared "A" for next year.

The only good thing is that "AA" NOSSA is in the Sault and the Ferris coach can't pick the refs this time! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutControl

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I think they would have gave Basils a good game. Basils probably would have snuck out by 5 points or so, but I don't teams declare at the start of the year? Maybe I'm wrong. If they just wanted to go to OFSAA and not care about potential medalling, their decision is fine i guess. If they could have pulled out a close one on Basils, which they were capable of on any given night, they'd be right in the medal contention. Woulda, shoulda, coulda though.

And I heard Chippewa is going A next year. They were a small enough school to do it this year, and would have done serious damage at A. Probably #1 seed, considering Ashbury is 1, and they beat stronger Ottawa clubs than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 pm

OutControl wrote:
I think they would have gave Basils a good game. Basils probably would have snuck out by 5 points or so, but I don't teams declare at the start of the year? Maybe I'm wrong. If they just wanted to go to OFSAA and not care about potential medalling, their decision is fine i guess. If they could have pulled out a close one on Basils, which they were capable of on any given night, they'd be right in the medal contention. Woulda, shoulda, coulda though.

And I heard Chippewa is going A next year. They were a small enough school to do it this year, and would have done serious damage at A. Probably #1 seed, considering Ashbury is 1, and they beat stronger Ottawa clubs than that.

Yes I think that Chippewa should have a very good chance at winning OFSAA "A" next year, (by the way it is in North Bay as well and "AA" next year). It should be Basil's and West Ferris for "AA" and we (St. Mary's) have an equal chance at "AAA", given the competition this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:10 pm

St. Basil's won 50-43. So we are 1-1 so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 am

Timms beat Owen Sound 72-60. They play L.B. Pearson today @ 1100am in Forster's gym! Basil's plays G. L. Roberts in the Catholic Centrals gym at 1000am. West Ferris plays Orchard Park in RMC's gym @ 1000am!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernFan2010

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:01 am

I believe the Basils and Timmins games are both at 10 am. If they each win both their games today they'll play one another in the medal round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 am

What do you know of their opponents? What are the odds of them winning and playing each other this afternoon? Is Ducharme back and in full health? Will West Ferris be two and out? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutControl

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 am

Timmins beat LBP by 4 or so, but the game was never in question. Ducharme looks good. He absolutely POSTERED someone in the Owen Sound game. Any word on the Basils game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:59 am

12th ranked West Ferris lost to 5th ranked Orchard Park by a score of 77 - 50 in an obvious blow-out! I expected better from them! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernFan2010

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Basils plays Parkside @4 and Timmins plays St Francis @5:30 ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:31 pm

I have not yet found the Basil's score, they have not updated the "AA" results page yet. Anybody want to enlighten me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:16 pm

I just found out the Basil's score. They won 57 to 27 against G. L. Roberts. That was easier than thier first game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutControl

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Basils got beat pretty bad in the quarters. Good season.

TH is up pretty sizably with 5 minutes left. Good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernFan2010

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Timmins made it to medal round dumping #2 seed. Any questions Ballinweeze? bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halftime

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 pm

#2 St. Francis had no business being ranked so high. They showed it by barely making it as far as they did, winning by slim margins. I hope the ranking commitee takes note that it takes more than one game to determine a top 5 seed. They certainly didnt do st. francis any favours.

The top two teams have been STA and Parkside, beating their opponents by large margins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:13 am

halftime wrote:
#2 St. Francis had no business being ranked so high. They showed it by barely making it as far as they did, winning by slim margins. I hope the ranking commitee takes note that it takes more than one game to determine a top 5 seed. They certainly didnt do st. francis any favours.

The top two teams have been STA and Parkside, beating their opponents by large margins.

Where are those schools (Saint Thomas Aquinas and Parkside) located?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OutControl

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 am

Parkside is from Dundas, St Thomas is Oakville.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halftime

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Parkside up at halftime 38-24 and defeats Timmins 68-48
St. Thomas Aquinas loses by 2 to home team #4 Herman.

Timmins meets STA for Bronze at 6
Parkside meets Herman for Gold at 8

Live streaming is down. Hope its back for tonights games. This was incredibly bad timing. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Where is Ballinweeze? Loves to point out he is right but hates to admit he is wrong. Congratulations to Timmins and good luck in the bronze medal game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raps and Wildcats

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Saw that Algonquin from North Bay beat Kapuskasing at Single A OFSAA. Is that an upset? How good is Algonquin? With Algonquin hosting OFSAA, I assume they will have a lot of their players back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions   Today at 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Northern OFSAA Results and Discussions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1