HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 5 A Schools

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:20 am

I believe Canterbury beat Cal by just a few and lost to JC by 40 or so
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidebyside

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 am

John Caldwell won home tournament by defeating Southern Victoria in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Harvey Laker Boys cap off regular season with a tournament win in Fundy this weekend....wins over Fundy, Hampton , Rothesay and Tantramar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WaterBoy

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:56 pm

I would just like to add my 2 cents and say that Canterbury girls have already beaten Caledonia girls. And also add the fact that Canterbury may have loss to McAdam on the road, but the next game they had against them they beat them by 25 or so.. Also Canterbury boys have won 4 tournaments this season.. certainly something out of the ordinary for CHS boys.. Maybe this is a "Hello, we don't only play badminton" season for them.. They have a chance of making it deep into regionals.. They certainly have what it takes..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WaterBoy

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Metta Peace wrote:
Did the Cant and Cal girls game get played tonight?  How are the Cant boys doing? Not many results coming through.

The Cant girls beat Caledonia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:10 pm

WaterBoy wrote:
I would just like to add my 2 cents and say that Canterbury girls have already beaten Caledonia girls. And also add the fact that Canterbury may have loss to McAdam on the road, but the next game they had against them they beat them by 25 or so.. Also Canterbury boys have won 4 tournaments this season.. certainly something out of the ordinary for CHS boys.. Maybe this is a "Hello, we don't only play badminton" season for them.. They have a chance of making it deep into regionals.. They certainly have what it takes..

I believe CHS boys play John Caldwell in Grand Falls tomorrow night and they must win by 14 in order to get 2nd place in the West. If they lose and finish 3rd they will face Grand Manan at regionals. They are a good team but my money is on GM winning that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Actually, Canterbury might have a shot.....Pothier hurt his leg against RNS...and did not play against McAdam.....Dad told me, that McAdam was up 50-35 with 6 or so minutes to go and GM came back to win 64-60....hopefully, he will be ok for the playoffs...but, who knows?  affraid 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Nice comeback by the sounds of it for GM. McAdam is a very capable team and have been in most games vs Harvey and GM until the end. JC and Canterbury will have their hands full with them. Grand Manan going without a key player could be too much to ask but only time will tell. Regionals will see some great action in Hartland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WaterBoy

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Everybody is big talking big about Grand Manan, but in reality are they really as much of a handful as everybody says.. with the numbers they are putting on NBIAA they seem to be a team .. All the talk they are getting appears to be getting into everybody's head.. I'm not sure that they will be much of a match for Cant boys if they could only pull the easy W from them..

Let's also take into consideration that John Caldwell is a hit or miss team, and throughout tournaments they haven't exactly pulled through.. losing to Cant boys by 20+ in the championship game multiple times, could this possibly want you all to rethink your 'Top 5 A Schools' ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Throw out the top 5 or top 10. It is a new season come Friday for all teams. If teams are healthy going in it is a real plus. Losing a key player prior to Regionals ups the challenge for sure. Alot of "A" schools just do not have the depth so it really hurts. Just reading about the Grand Manan situation and it seems like history is repeating itself with them. Hope to see all teams healthy so we can actually see what each team is all about but that is not the reality with a long season as injuries do occur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:48 am

WaterBoy wrote:
Everybody is big talking big about Grand Manan, but in reality are they really as much of a handful as everybody says.. with the numbers they are putting on NBIAA they seem to be a team .. All the talk they are getting appears to be getting into everybody's head.. I'm not sure that they will be much of a match for Cant boys if they could only pull the easy W from them..

Let's also take into consideration that John Caldwell is a hit or miss team, and throughout tournaments they haven't exactly pulled through.. losing to Cant boys by 20+ in the championship game multiple times, could this possibly want you all to rethink your 'Top 5 A Schools' ?
Why? cantebury nor john Caldwell are in it for the boys, nor should they be. And the reason everyone is talking about GM is for two reasons. One they are surprisingly stronger than first thought as they seemed a little flat at the start of the season at least when I saw them and 2 pothier being out or not out is a huge factor for this team. No one can deny he is a difference maker and we all saw what happened last year when he went down. As far as cantebury boys all I can see on the schedule at NBIAA is a couple of close games against Mcadam and a couple of blow outs vs Hartland. Could be wrong but my guess is gone early, and my crystal ball still says 3 man race if pothier stays healthy. Same 3 as day one of season
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:17 pm

1)Pothier is a really strong player and a key piece. Really is the difference between them being a good "A" team and a championship claiber one.

2) If you want people to talk about your team you need visibility and reasons.

There are plenty of notable tournaments, most are tough to get into and require risking your kids egos but if and when you can go it is a great experience for the players and gives them, the coaches and the province and clearer pciture of who is and isn't out there. The NBIAA provides their website but teams and schools seem to be remiss is getting stuff posted in a timely or meaningful way. The coaches association and Gale Jeffrey provide an excellent email service of scores, scheduling and game info but less and less schools and teams seem to be using it. Between these 3 ways alone and word of mouth (coaches, fans, hooplife) its a small province. If you are good enough to be out there and known about you shoudl be. If you aren't beat someone who is and then talk to people.

3) "A" basketball is always a bit of a crap shoot on regional weekend because of locations (travel, regional officiating sytles, accomodation conditions) and the fact that lack of depth means injury or illness can be a big factor.

4) Let everyone sort it out on Friday. I know I can't wait to stop talking about my kids potential and finally be able to put it on the line and see who they want to be/ really are at crunch time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nballer25

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Going into regionals this weekend, with pothiers "so called injury" and with a close game vs Caldwell boys can we see an upset? Or does anyone have other opinions on this???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckets

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Pothiers fine  Basketball 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:50 pm

GM over Cantbury 71 to 61. No upsets yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Breakerball wrote:
GM over Cantbury 71 to 61. No upsets yet

GM beat John Caldwell 71-61.....not Canterbury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Just making sure your paying attention gm breaker!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Breakerball wrote:
Just making sure your paying attention gm breaker!

LoL.....I always pay attention. Hartland at 6......gonna be tough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Gonna be a close one either way I think!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:03 pm

At halftime....GM leads Hartland by 8....45-37...let's go guys, keep it going!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Up by 12 with 2 mins left
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:28 pm

In the third sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Gm up 8 against hartland. End of 3rd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:34 pm

GM 66, Hartland 63.....7 to go....gonna be close...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Tied up 66-66....5:40 to go...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 A Schools   Today at 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Top 5 A Schools
View previous topic View next topic Back to top