HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jan. 8, 2014 - BC Rankings # 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Jan. 8, 2014 - BC Rankings # 5   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:40 pm

New BC rankings have been released - 1A, 2A, 3A & 4A.

www.sportvictoria.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Jan. 8, 2014 - BC Rankings # 5   Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Rankings should change over next couple of weeks with Beagle tourney at Fox this week and Emerald next at VC.  A few thoughts:

- I'm impressed by WG's play without Jadon C. (sign of a good "team") -Bryce D. has really stepped up.

- looks like Mouat "star" players are back from suspension so they should rise big time unless any weird team dynamics come into play

- Not sure what is going on with Burnaby S. ???  Has Jermaine H. been hurt?

- HC - I predict they will continue to move up as Team stabilizes after the recent transfer of Jacquin BB)

- Pitt seems too high - I expect they will remain competitive but they do not seem to have enough depth / consistent scoring beyond Graham S.'s consistently strong play

- I expect Gleneagle will rise again as season progresses - a bit inconsistent and under performing but simply too much talent.

- Teams I'm not sure about yet - Fox, St Georges - good teams with some impact players (eg Reyes Fox - Scott - SG) but I just haven't seen or heard enough about them yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Jan. 8, 2014 - BC Rankings # 5   Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:33 am

PressThis wrote:

Don't quote me on this but I think Martin Bogajev was really sick as in he may have been in the hospital? And I believe Jermaine had hurt his ankle and wasn't supposed to play at all but ended up playing in the Rod Thompson tournament (not sure how much as I only caught the Yale game).

But again, don't quote me - Jesus probably knows more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Jan. 8, 2014 - BC Rankings # 5   Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:13 am

Coach Yash wrote:
PressThis wrote:

Don't quote me on this but I think Martin Bogajev was really sick as in he may have been in the hospital? And I believe Jermaine had hurt his ankle and wasn't supposed to play at all but ended up playing in the Rod Thompson tournament (not sure how much as I only caught the Yale game).

But again, don't quote me - Jesus probably knows more.

Bby South was missing their starting back court during their 3 game skid at the Rod Thomson Tourney, Bogajev was extremely ill and had to be hospitalized for a few days, Smith also did not play, and Haley played but still had a nagging injury that occurred during the Telus final. But all 3 are back playing in the Rebels line-up for the Beagle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jan. 8, 2014 - BC Rankings # 5   Today at 8:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Jan. 8, 2014 - BC Rankings # 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1