HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jadon Cohee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Jadon Cohee   Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:21 am

While reading the updates of the Beagle, I couldn't help but notice everyone congratulating Cohee on his 47 and 49 point performances (scoring 21 of teams last 23 points)
Maybe I am old school to a fault, however, this is what was going through my mind;

Jadon Cohee is hands down the best player in BC

I have watched him play several times and he is an unselfish player

If your point guard is scoring that much, your team is in trouble

If your team relies on one player to that extent, your team is in trouble

They lost the game

While Jadon put on a great show, it doesn't bode well for WG moving forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee   Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:19 am

I caught the Yale game but not the Gleneagle loss and I do know firsthand that despite his strong showing against Gleneagle, he wasn't happy that they lost.

For me, it's not JUST that he scored two 40 point games (neither team are "slouches" so to speak either), but the fact that his game is so well rounded that he fills the stat sheet up. Please do keep in mind this is my first year seeing him play.

Walnut's offense comes from Derton and Cohee, but they have 3-4 guys on any given night that chip in 4-10 points. Their post players missed a bunch of layups in the Fox game but WG's offense, at least to me, isn't "give Jadon the ball and move" - you see 5 guys out there, passing, moving, screening. They don't have any other potent offensive players aside from Cohee and Derton but they play together and everyone on that team is "all in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee   Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Grade 10- He was athletic with no polish and more of a hype train than anything. Any gym I went into would talk solely about him.
Grade 11- Athletic but a lot smarter and more well rounded. Cemented himself as the top player in BC, and really started to go after kids and felt like he wanted to be matched up against other players. He had some more leeway on offense and support with Shin, Derton, Mayorga, Hoffman and Getz.
Grade 12- Showed he can flat out score. In my humble opinion I feel he is the best scorer, no disrespect to Mindy who I feel is a volume scorer. Jadon is efficient and the offense runs through him and Bryce Derton(I thought this kid could only jump but he can hoop). Cohee for me id one of the best players in the last 5 years. He just makes the right play everytime down the floor. What flabbergasted me was no more college offers. I know he wanted to play at UW and hearing they or Washington State didn't offer is surprising. Seattle got a steal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee   Today at 9:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Jadon Cohee
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1