HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Exnet Rankings Game Scores

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Coaches somehow have the idea that they only have to submit their wins to the exnet site. All varsity teams must submit ALL of their wins AND losses. JV teams should NOT submit any games as it muddles it up. Varsity games should include those games against non-ASAA opponents that are out of province, alumni, fundraising exhibition games and games against JV teams. If they don't submit all of the scores, they are basically cheating the ranking system and they shouldn't be ranked. ADs have been warned already this year so its time for the rankers to send message.

Worst offenders who could be ranked this period..

4A
Ernest Manning - they submit a score here and there but there are many missed games all over the place. I watched them play online at the REB and they are good team with a good chance of being ranked but until they submit all of their games they shouldn't be ranked.

Foothills Composite - the same as Ernest Manning. A good team but they shouldn't be considered for even an HM unless the scores are submitted.

3A
Edmonton Christian - they have a least 2 losses that I know of that they haven't submitted and I'm almost as far away from Edmonton as anyone in the province so I suspect there are more. Not submitting their losses and trying to come off as better than they are should come with a price.

Sturgeon - they also have at least 2 bad losses that I know of that they haven't submitted. The were ranked 2nd last ranking based on a lie that they were undefeated.

St Peter the Apostle - again 2 bad losses that I know of and I don't know how many more.

Rankers - the system doesn't work if the information isn't accurate. Its obvious when teams go to a weekend tournament and come out of it with only 1 or 2 games submitted. Don't rank these teams if they aren't honest with their scores!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:23 am

Sturgeon has come clean and posted past scores of losses they failed to submit before the last ranking deadline.

Ernest Manning, Foothills, Edmonton Christian and St Peter the Apostle still haven't submitted their losses to the ranking site and those losses are significant and would impact the rankings.

Rankers - please don't rank these 4 teams unless they submit their losses. Its unfair to all the other teams who do submit all of their scores, regardless of whether they win or lose.

edit - I guess I don't know if Ernest Manning and Foothills have actual losses that they haven't entered but they certainly have many missing scores.

I do know that Edmonton Christian and St Peter both have at least 2 losses each not entered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steamrolled

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Harry ainlay also lost to Vancouver college but didn't enter the score
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Why would they not post all their scores? I just don't get why a coach would do this. Its going to come out. Coaches - be honest and post all your scores accurately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steamrolled

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:33 am

I dont know - but here is the link

http://islandsportsnews.net/sportsa-z/basketball/11494-2014-smus-invitational-

Back to top Go down
View user profile
steamrolled

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:38 am

also an article in the paper

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/stars-shine-at-smus-invitational-basketball-tournament-1.777273

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:22 am

Its not like that would change anything. Perhaps they're concerned about going over 35 games. With some team's schedules so far I'm surprised they're able to keep their numbers down. Its great to get 21 games before New Year's day like Oleary but that means you can only play in 14 games in all of January and February or you become ineligible for provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steamrolled

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:38 pm

I am pretty sure that ainlay, oleary or any team for that matter will go over their 36 game max - these teams have been around the block before and have gone through the grind and their league meetings so they know and they also have to submit their schedules in i think to get it approved - also athletic directors are responsible to take in their schedules and submit to ASAA

here are the rules anyways (from ASAA)

D. Number of Games Permitted

A team shall be limited to 36 games (including games against ASAA
sanctioned teams and the one exhibition and one fundraiser game allowed)
between November 1 and the commencement of zone playdowns in
their respective zone (Any district or city playoffs that directly lead to
or result in the advancement of a team in or elimination of a team from
their respective zone playoffs shall be considered a part of those playoffs
and shall not be counted in the 36 game limit). Any team found to be in
violation of the 36 game limit may:

1. be ineligible for participation in any ASAA sponsored games (zones,
provincials) within that same season of play;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steamrolled

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:39 pm

I MEANT " WILL NOT"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:15 pm

I didn't even realized rankings came out last week. I always thought they came out mid-February not the beginning of February since they're called mid-February.

The most disturbing thing about rankings this year is the lack of scores posted on the ASAA exnet ranking system. I'm not sure how the rankers make this work since it appears many do not enter their losses. This seems to be more directed at 3A since 4A top 10 don't often lose to non-contending 4A teams who don't enter their scores but top 3A lose to non-contending 4A teams all the time.

Case in point, McCoy jumps up to #6 in 3A because they beat Canmore at the Medicine Hat tournament, at home, in their crazy tight low beamed ceiling gym, with Medicine Hat refs who are the worst in the province for home cooking, yet they only have 1 score entered for that weekend. Obviously they went 1-3 in the tournament and still managed to jump in the rankings to #6.

For top 10 3A & HM these teams are clearly missing scores:

#4 Edmonton Christian
#6 Monsignor McCoy
HM St Albert Catholic High
HM St. Peter the Apostle

The easiest way to deal with this problem is to simply not rank them. At all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exnet Rankings Game Scores   Today at 9:07 am

Back to top Go down

Exnet Rankings Game Scores
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1