HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Allegedly #1 ranked KSS players moving up to senior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fan33

PostSubject: Allegedly #1 ranked KSS players moving up to senior   Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:02 am

A fellow coach of mine from the Okanagan called me and told me that he has heard that the top two KSS juniors are going to play senior. The Kelowna senior team is only an honourable mention and apparently with the addition of the juniors they will be title contenders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukester0506

PostSubject: Re: Allegedly #1 ranked KSS players moving up to senior   Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:57 am

From what I know, their Junior guys have been playing with senior all season but I may be wrong. Parker Simson and Sandhu Nav, I believe have been starters and Davide Ciancio is off the bench. I've watched Parker at a few games and he's a exciting player to watch especially he's only in grade 10. I saw them at all of their games at the Legal Beagle and Snowball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
CoachV

PostSubject: Re: Allegedly #1 ranked KSS players moving up to senior   Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Is matt lafontaine playing just junior?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox941

PostSubject: juniors playing up...   Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:22 pm

i have heard.. but not confirmed ...that the two grade 10's playing up are actually grade 11 age….. so if they had stayed at junior that would have only given them 1 year of senior eligibility….
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunnyok

PostSubject: Re: Allegedly #1 ranked KSS players moving up to senior   Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:34 am

just wanted to let you know that KSS didn't pull up Jr players recently, the 3 Jr players have been with the team right from the start of the season. I understand that 2 (Parker S. and Nav S. )of them have been starters for KSS for some time. while the 3rd player is coming off the bench and all 3 getting plenty of quality playtime. They all attended Dr Knox Middle School last yr Gr 9. If they chose to play Jr ball this yr at KSS or move up to Sr ball (which they did do) this would not affect any yrs of eligibility. 5 yrs total for all players, regardless of what level they play at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox941

PostSubject: Playing years   Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 am

Correct... You get 5 yrs from the time you enter grade8 regardless of what level they are at.... That wasn't part of my post but thanks......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunnyok

PostSubject: Re: Allegedly #1 ranked KSS players moving up to senior   Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Then I am not sure I understand your original question about 1 yr left of SR Eligibility if they played Jr ball this year. The players you refer to, are in gr 10, in their 3rd yr of eligibility. If they chose to play Jr or Sr ball this yr. they would still have 2 yrs eligibility remianing. They did choose to play Sr ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allegedly #1 ranked KSS players moving up to senior   Today at 5:15 am

Back to top Go down

Allegedly #1 ranked KSS players moving up to senior
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1