HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

3A Second Ranking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: 3A Second Ranking   Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 pm

1. Chestermere High
2. W.R. Myers High
3. Edmonton Christian
4. Winston Churchill High
5. Canmore Collegiate
6. Ponoka Secondary Campus
7. Wetaskiwin Composite
8. St. Peter the Apostle
9. Holy Trinity Academy (Okotoks)
10. George McDougall High

HM Cochrane High School
HM Fort McMurray Composite
HM Monsignor McCoy
HM St. Albert Catholic High
HM Sturgeon Composite

No real surprises other than St Peter the Apostle who stays way too high despite 2 bad losses not entered. Otherwise, I would change some placings but they're close. Sturgeon drops way too low because they decided to be honest and enter their losses they left out last time. That's a terrible mixed message rankers are sending to teams. I guess the lesson to learn here is to not enter scores that don't make you look good because unless someone calls you out on it, you'll probably get away with it. Its worse in 3A because 3A teams often lose to mediocre 4A teams who don't enter scores. The missing scores are obvious and they're always losses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopfan123

PostSubject: Re: 3A Second Ranking   Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Anyone know the draw for winston churchill tournament this weekend? I'd hope its full of ranked 3A teams with it being the provincial host school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 3A Second Ranking   Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 am

Unfortunately it doesn't have very many top 10 3A teams. There are a few - WC, Canmore, WR Myers, Ponoka - and it has some good 2A schools - Immanuel Christian High, West Island College - and some HM 2A schools - Drumheller Valley Secondary, Kate Andrews High - but it won't be a classic. I was hoping they would be able to draw some of the big names but it didn't happen. Semi finals might be interesting and probably a WR Myers/Immanuel Christian match up Friday afternoon in the quarters.

There aren't very many scores posted from the past weekend. Medicine Hat had the big 16 team tournament I saw last year and there are a few scores from that but not many. Does anyone have any details on who looked good up there? From what has been posted it looks like MHHS won that in a walk which isn't surprising with a couple of 20 pt wins over Chestermere and Cochrane and a couple of of 50 point wins over Forest Lawn and St Albert. It doesn't appear the tournament was as strong as past years or perhaps MHHS is just that much better this year.

WC had a dominant showing in beating Catholic Central by 23 and proved they aren't a 1 man show as Shane went for 28. Pierzchala had his usual double double.

Does anyone have anything else? What other tournaments are there this weekend coming up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 3A Second Ranking   Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:45 am

MHHS shoots the lights out tonight against WC 107-91 but can't stop Mike Pierzchala: 46 Pts, 13 Reb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopfan123

PostSubject: Re: 3A Second Ranking   Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:15 pm

12321 any results from your tournament? Could be some good semi's! Strange quarter final with Myers and Immanuel, I would think those are both top 2 or 3 teams in your draw by the teams you listed earlier. Interesting to see if Ponoka or Canmore can challenge Churchill or Myers this weekend, the south looks stronger than ever this year at 3A. I predict a Churchill/Myers tournament final, which could be foreshadowing of a provincial final in same gym.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 3A Second Ranking   Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:03 pm

WC beat Canmore by 10 in the final. Games of note - WR Myers lost to Immanuel Christian in the quarter finals, Ponoka lost to West Island College in the opening round who later lost to WC in the semis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopfan123

PostSubject: Re: 3A Second Ranking   Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:28 pm

A shot at the 3A Boys 2nd ranking;

1. Chestermere
2. Leduc
3. Sturgeon
4. Cochrane
5. Strathcona Christian
6. Holy Trinity Academy
7. St. Joseph
8. St. Peter the Apostle
9. Edmonton Christian
10. St. Albert Catholic

HM - Beaumont, WR Myers, Eastglen, Peace Wapiti, Wetaskewin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball101

PostSubject: Girls?   Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:09 pm

What about the girls side of things? Anyone have ideas on that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3A Second Ranking   Today at 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down

3A Second Ranking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1