HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jadon Cohee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walnutfan

PostSubject: Jadon Cohee   Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Just a fan wrote:
Anyone know what happened to Cohee against Mouat? Is it a serious injury? What happened?  I heard dirty play but just a rumour.

It was horrendous play. Jadon was pushed by a Mouat player from behind while in the air while another player added to the impact by aggressively coming over to foul hard in the front, collided with Jadon in the air and thus making Jadon losing the balance. He fell on his back so loudly and the impact flipped him upside down thus hurting his face, neck etc. The doctor said he was bit lucky and had the impact been over another inch. he could have possibly fractured his spine/vertebrae.  He was in great pain and could not even put up a slight movement to his body. He had to be taken on a stretcher by ambulance not as a precaution but examination for the back and head trauma. Excessive whacking at the back and front by two is clearly questions sportsmanship.

Not sure his status now and out indefinitely as a result of a flagrant and dangerous cloth lining him.  

In the game vs. Yale, same undercutting happened and the player was tossed out of the gym by ref instantly. But in this case, it wasn't. Just a flagrant only. It looks to me the severity is trying to be downplayed. May be I am wrong as I don't know what is going on after the game.

One thing I want to see going forward is the players must be taught moral/ethical/sportsmanship before allowing to touch the ball. The coaches must preserve the integrity of the game and teach the players to respect the health and safety/well being of the opposing players. Basketball is not be all and end all.  They should be educated that there is life after basketball. The question that is begging at this moment is why these malicious acts against Jadon? Is it because of his reputation?  You can deploy any defense strategy to shut him down and welcome to prove that he is not good. But do not do it by taking him out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCBaller24

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee   Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Theyre wasnt a hard foul, he went into a player and landed awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCBaller24

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee   Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Ive heard hes a baby on the court by whinning to refs all time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCTopProspects

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee   Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm

BCBaller24 wrote:
Theyre wasnt a hard foul, he went into a player and landed awkwardly.

I don't think it's really debatable whether the foul was hard or not. It warranted a flagrant, so it couldn't have been a soft ticky-tack foul.

BCBaller24 wrote:
Ive heard hes a baby on the court by whinning to refs all time.

I'm not sure how this relates to the post.

Regardless of whether Jadon was fouled with the intent to injure or it was just simply a really hard foul, which resulted in an awkward landing, ALL players' well-being have to be taken into account during every game.  These kids have worked hard to get where they are and they should not have to worry about being undercut while in the air.  Dirty plays can end seasons and in some cases, careers. There's a difference between playing hard and honest, and deliberately taking a player out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee   Today at 12:45 am

Back to top Go down

Jadon Cohee
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1