HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top AA Teams in the Province

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bchoopsquad

PostSubject: Top AA Teams in the Province   Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Top teams in the AA tear and their top players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukester0506

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:10 am

Here is the rankings from last week along with some players that I remember from last year that stood out to me. Note that I haven't seen any island team or interior teams except at AA Provincials in Kamloops last year. I am 100% sure there are many more guys I missed.

1. SMUS, Victoria - Matt Rud, Danny Wu, Graham Hyde-lay
2. Lambrick Park, Victoria - Matt Neufield Jacob Barnard
3. R.C. Palmer - Antonio Jhuty, Gurjit Pooni,
4. South Okanagan, Oliver
5. Brentwood College, Mill Bay - Devin Ctanovich,
6. Gulf Islands, Ganges
7. A.R. Macneill, Richmond - Umar Tung
8. Clarence Fulton, Vernon
9. D.P. Todd, Prince George
10. Delview, Surrey - Wowie Untalan
T10. Valleyview Kamloops

Honourable Mention
Archbishop Carney, Port Coquitlum
Bodwell, North Vancouver
Collingwood, West Vancouver
Southridge, Surrey
Westsyde, Kamloops
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
BALLFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 am

Pacific Academy from Surrey is lead by a tenth grader, their point guard Ethan Sorensen. They have beaten both Delview and Southridge this year. They deserve top ten recognition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 am

Do not sleep on Westsyde of Kamloops. They have a CIS player in Joe Davis, they're very well-coached and they work their tails off. When they are healthy they are dangerous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BALLFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Okanagan Ball what do you know about Valleyview? I have heard they are wildly inconsistent but very talented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:25 am

BALLFAN1 wrote:
Okanagan Ball what do you know about Valleyview? I have heard they are wildly inconsistent but very talented.

I wouldn't say very talented, I would say they work very hard and are fairly talented. They battle and never give up and they play fairly intelligent basketball. They're a team to watch in the 7-10 spot of AA's IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BALLFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:57 am

okanaganbball wrote:
BALLFAN1 wrote:

I wouldn't say very talented, I would say they work very hard and are fairly talented. They battle and never give up and they play fairly intelligent basketball. They're a team to watch in the 7-10 spot of AA's IMO.

Who would you say will make AA provincials from the Okanagan district? It seems pretty competitive this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:51 am

BALLFAN1 wrote:
okanaganbball wrote:
BALLFAN1 wrote:

Who would you say will make AA provincials from the Okanagan district? It seems pretty competitive this year.

I haven't watched a ton this year, but I have seen the top teams play - Southern Okanagan, Clarence Fulton, Westsyde and Valleyview.

Based on the three berths the Okanagan gets according to Sportvictoria, I would say Southern Okanagan, Westsyde and Clarence Fulton. No particular order at this point.

Last edited by okanaganbball on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:07 pm

#10 Westsyde will be playing #5 Southern Okanagan and #9 D.P. Todd this weekend at #9 AAA Sa-Hali's (Kamloops) tournament. This tourney also features #8 Clarence Fulton and HM Valleyview.

And, as original poster asked, top player for Westsyde is their bigman Joe Davis, BC U17 Team member, who has committed to play for TRU for next season and the top player for Valleyview is Layton Demidoff, big and hardworking PG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:02 pm

okanaganbball wrote:
#10 Westsyde will be playing #5 Southern Okanagan and #9 D.P. Todd this weekend at #9 AAA Sa-Hali's (Kamloops) tournament. This tourney also features #8 Clarence Fulton and HM Valleyview.

And, as original poster asked, top player for Westsyde is their bigman Joe Davis, BC U17 Team member, who has committed to play for TRU for next season and the top player for Valleyview is Layton Demidoff, big and hardworking PG.

#10 Westsyde beat #9 D.P. Todd by 17 and #5 Southern Okanagan by 10 today. They play #8 Clarence Fulton in the final of Sa-Hali's tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:52 am

The Okanagan for AA's is very competitive, and Westsyde is a team to watch out for as they seem to really be clicking right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: Island AA scene   Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:32 pm

It is very tight on the Island with SMUS and Lambrick Park very close, at No. 1 and No. 2 in BC AA respectively. SMUS has won all three meetings between the two, but various players have been missing for various games on both sides. On Saturday, SMUS won the Brentwood College tournament with a 59-47 decision over Lambrick Park in the final. Lambrick was missing its starting point guard, however.

Other AA teams on the Island that will be in the mix to go to AA BCs include Highland, Gulf Islands, Brentwood College and Shawnigan Lake. It should be a good Island tournament.

Not sure of strength of all teams on the Mainland but it sounds like RC Palmer, Westsyde and South Okanagan are among the frontrunners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:35 pm

#10 AA Westsyde won the 2014 Elmer Froese Memorial Tournament at Sa-Hali in Kamloops. They defeated #8 AA Clarence Fulton in the final.

Top 3 finishers from that:

1st - Westsyde (#10 AA)
2nd - Clarence Fulton (#8 AA)
3rd - Valleyview (HM AA)

Other teams in the tournament that I don't know the final standings for were Southern Okanagan (#5 AA), D.P. Todd (#9 AA) and Sa-Hali (#9 AAA).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BALLFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 am

Once again today Pacific Academy led by Moses Adediran, Ethan Sorensen, and Iyanu Akindele beat Southridge by almost twenty points (at PA). Southridge lost one of their best players early and could not compete. This is a very weak year in the Fraser Valley and I think that this Pacific Academy team and the Delview Raiders will come out one and two (in no specific order). I think this year when it comes down to the provincial finals it will be a big surprise if two teams from the Island are not playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:55 am

Lower Island Tier 1 League

(At Lambrick Park)

Lambrick Park 82 SMUS 79 (OT) (SMUS -- Matt Rud 26 pts, 16 rbs, 3 assists, 2 stls; Jason Scully 21 pts, 10 rbs., 5 assists; Graham Hyde-Lay 17 pts, 7 rbs, 2 assists.)

This was fourth meeting between current BC AA No. 1 SMUS and B.C. AA No. 2 Lambrick. SMUS is 3-1 in matchups between the teams. The two teams may meet again next weekend in the Lower Island AA tournament at Brentwood)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theTICKET

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 pm

BALLFAN1: I agree with what you have said. Delview and PA are going to end up 1 and 2. Only yeasterday did Delview beat Southridge at Southridge 56-55. At one point Delview was down by 14 but was able to comeback because of their PG Wowie. Frasers this year are going to be interesting. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BALLFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:29 am

theTICKET wrote:
BALLFAN1: I agree with what you have said. Delview and PA are going to end up 1 and 2. Only yeasterday did Delview beat Southridge at Southridge 56-55. At one point Delview was down by 14 but was able to comeback because of their PG Wowie. Frasers this year are going to be interesting. Very Happy 

In the Southridge - Delview game did Southridge have 00 playing? I do not know his name but he was injured when I saw them playing and he is a key part of their team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theTICKET

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:56 am

BALLFAN1 wrote:
In the Southridge - Delview game did Southridge have 00 playing? I do not know his name but he was injured when I saw them playing and he is a key part of their team.

Yes he was (sorry don't know his name either). He had a good first half, but a very bad second half.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top AA Teams in the Province   Today at 9:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Top AA Teams in the Province
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1