HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Sr AAAA Boys Draw & Results 2014

1st Round - Wednesday Feb. 19
G1 600p #16 Fraser Heights 50 vs #17 Port Moody 67 @ W. Grove
G2 745p #9 North Surrey 73 vs #24 Elgin 38 @ W. Grove
G3 600p #13 Delta 61 vs #20 Centennial 45 @ Gleneagle
G4 745p #12 Heritage Woods 86 vs #21 Kwantlen Park 55 @ Gleneagle
G5 600p #14 Mouat 72 vs #19 Enver Creek 62 @ Holy Cross
G6 745p #11 Semiahmoo 88 vs #22 Johnston Heights 55 @ Holy Cross
G7 600p #15 Lord Tweedsmuir 81 vs #18 Panorama Ridge 72 @ Tamanawis
G8 745p #10 Yale 73 vs #23 Seaquam 44 @ Tamanawis


Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#1bcbballfan



Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 pm

At the seeding meeting his coach said he will not be playing for the remainder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCTopProspects



Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Gonna be some good games tonight. Here are my predictions.

#8 MEI vs #9 North Surrey
#1 Walnut Grove vs #17 Port Moody
#5 Sardis vs #12 Heritage Woods
#4 Gleneagle vs #13 Delta
#6 Pitt Meadows vs #11 Semiahmoo
#3 Holy Cross vs #14 WJ Mouat
#7 Terry Fox vs #10 Yale
#2 Tamanawis vs #15 Lord Tweedsmuir

Felt obliged to pick one upset, so I went with Semi over Pitt because that seems the most likely. Semi definitely has the size to match up with Pitt's big.

I'm also predicting that Tweedsmuir gives Tamanawis a good run. I wouldn't be surprised to see that game being fairly close throughout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis



Posts : 76
Join date : 2013-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:57 pm

BCTopProspects wrote:
Gonna be some good games tonight.  Here are my predictions.

#8 MEI vs #9 North Surrey
#1 Walnut Grove vs #17 Port Moody
#5 Sardis vs #12 Heritage Woods
#4 Gleneagle vs #13 Delta
#6 Pitt Meadows vs #11 Semiahmoo
#3 Holy Cross vs #14 WJ Mouat
#7 Terry Fox vs #10 Yale
#2 Tamanawis vs #15 Lord Tweedsmuir

Felt obliged to pick one upset, so I went with Semi over Pitt because that seems the most likely. Semi definitely has the size to match up with Pitt's big.

I'm also predicting that Tweedsmuir gives Tamanawis a good run. I wouldn't be surprised to see that game being fairly close throughout.

In terms of upsets, I would watch out for North Surrey and Heritage. I think Pitt will take Semi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:46 am

Sr AAAA Boys Draw & Results 2014

2nd Round - Friday Feb. 21
G9 600p #8 MEI 106 vs #9 North Surrey 99 3OT @ W. Grove
G10 745p #1 Walnut Grove 78 vs #17 Port Moody 67 @ W. Grove
G11 600p #5 Sardis 78 vs #12 Heritage Woods 62 @ Gleneagle
G12 745p #4 Gleneagle 83 vs #13 Delta 66 @ Gleneagle
G13 600p #6 Pitt Meadows 73 vs #11 Semiahmoo 62 @ Holy Cross
G14 745p #3 Holy Cross 85 vs #14 WJ Mouat 79 @ Holy Cross
G15 600p #7 Terry Fox 83 vs #10 Yale 74 @ Tamanawis
G16 745p #2 Tamanawis 97 vs #15 Lord Tweedsmuir 53 @ Tamanawis

2nd Round - Monday Feb. 24
G17 600p #9 North Surrey vs #17 Port Moody @ W. Grove
G18 745p #1 Walnut Grove vs #8 MEI @ W. Grove (Quarter-Final)
G19 600p #12 Heritage Woods vs #13 Deltas @ Gleneagle
G20 745p #4 Gleneagle vs #5 Sardis @ Gleneagle (Quarter-Final)
G21 600p #11 Semiahmoo vs #14 WJ Mouat @ Holy Cross
G22 745p #3 Holy Cross vs #6 Pitt Meadows @ Holy Cross (Quarter-Final)
G23 600p #10 Yale vs #15 Lord Tweedsmuir @ Tamanawis
G24 745p #2 Tamanawis vs #7 Terry Fox @ Tamanawis (Quarter-Final)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis



Posts : 76
Join date : 2013-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:56 am

I know it has been said before but there are so many excellent teams in FV and it is shame that only 6 can go to big show (still don't understand the automatic berths for 2 zones with one team only in 4A)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:01 pm

All the top seeds held after last night but by the looks of the scores some very competitive games.  It appears that the coaches did a very good job seeding the teams.

For me the most interesting match-up of the next round is Sardis vs. Gleneagle.  Both teams playing good ball right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see both at the final four in 3 weeks time.  The loser of this game would definitely have the longer ( possibly harder) route though.

Lots of parity in the valley, makes for great games, battle tested teams, and well deserving representatives moving forward.

Good luck to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:06 pm

stocktonsshorts wrote:
All the top seeds held after last night but by the looks of the scores some very competitive games.  It appears that the coaches did a very good job seeding the teams.

For me the most interesting match-up of the next round is Sardis vs. Gleneagle.  Both teams playing good ball right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see both at the final four in 3 weeks time.  The loser of this game would definitely have the longer ( possibly harder) route though.

Lots of parity in the valley, makes for great games, battle tested teams, and well deserving representatives moving forward.

Good luck to all.

Very competitive Friday from what I hear, MEI and North Surrey went to Triple OT battling back and forth, Heritage Woods was up on Sardis in the 3rd Qtr. with a barrage of 3's, Delta was up on Gleneagle at halftime, and WJ Mouat tied it up with Holy Cross in the 4th Qtr off the back off a Corey Hauck 40+ pt. game. Will be an interesting Monday, where we will likely see another Round of very competitive basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston



Posts : 214
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:38 pm

1 Walnut Grove vs #8 MEI @ W. Grove (Quarter-Final)
#4 Gleneagle vs #5 Sardis @ Gleneagle (Quarter-Final)
#3 Holy Cross vs #6 Pitt Meadows @ Holy Cross (Quarter-Final)
#2 Tamanawis vs #7 Terry Fox @ Tamanawis (Quarter-Final)

4 berths will be decided today. Looks like Grove and HC will have somewhat lighter resistance compared to other 2 QF.  Tammy got to be play good ball for 40 mins or less it will be decimated by Coach Hanson's boys. Gleneagles vs Sardis will be the game of the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis



Posts : 76
Join date : 2013-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:12 am

Took in the HC - Pitt quarter final. Great game atmosphere with fans from both teams really loud and into things. This is way big games should be. JBB had strong game and HC had just too much depth for Pitt. Taylor Brown had some nice buckets. HC had tough time stopping Pitt's Graham Smith who must have scored in mid-30's. Looks like semis shaping up to be battles between top 4 seeds - should be fun.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox941



Posts : 43
Join date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Results   Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 am

Did the top 4 win?
Scores?
Jesus... Work your magic brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 am

Just got back from Tammy Gym. Tamanawis took down Terry Fox 77-49. It seemed like a fairly easy win for Tamanawis as they took control of the game very early. One thing I will say is that this Tammy team talks A LOT. This works in their favour as they get under the other team's skin easily just like today as one of Fox's top players ended up getting ejected. This could also work against them as they get very emotionally attached to the game and could forget just to play smoothly and the way they want to. And again the atmosphere in there was crazy and anyone who has been to Tamanawis can attest to how wild their fans are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insider



Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:14 am

vancity55555 wrote:
Just got back from Tammy Gym. Tamanawis took down Terry Fox 77-49. It seemed like a fairly easy win for Tamanawis as they took control of the game very early. One thing I will say is that this Tammy team talks A LOT. This works in their favour as they get under the other team's skin easily just like today as one of Fox's top players ended up getting ejected. This could also work against them as they get very emotionally attached to the game and could forget just to play smoothly and the way they want to. And again the atmosphere in there was crazy and anyone who has been to Tamanawis can attest to how wild their fans are.

Interesting take by Vancity. I was also at the game but I have seen Tamanawis play a few times this year and they're not really a "trash talking" team. Seemed like the trash talking was mutual in this game as it was an intense battle between two of the top valley teams. A rather one-sided affair mind you as the lead got up in the mid 30's at one point. But to beat a good Terry Fox squad so handily was impressive. Can't wait for the Semis. Anyone know the scores in the other two semifinal match ups?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:22 am

Sr AAAA Boys Draw & Results 2014

2nd Round - Monday Feb. 24
G17 600p #9 North Surrey 86 vs #17 Port Moody 79 @ W. Grove
G18 745p #1 Walnut Grove 93 vs #8 MEI 55 @ W. Grove (Quarter-Final)
G19 600p #12 Heritage Woods 90 vs #13 Deltas 81 @ Gleneagle
G20 745p #4 Gleneagle 76 vs #5 Sardis 46 @ Gleneagle (Quarter-Final)
G21 600p #11 Semiahmoo 98 vs #14 WJ Mouat 99 OT @ Holy Cross
G22 745p #3 Holy Cross 79 vs #6 Pitt Meadows 68 @ Holy Cross (Quarter-Final)
G23 600p #10 Yale 81 vs #15 Lord Tweedsmuir 79 @ Tamanawis
G24 745p #2 Tamanawis 77 vs #7 Terry Fox 49 @ Tamanawis (Quarter-Final)


Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheenaisapunkrocker



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 pm

See that the times for Friday are congruent. Any idea where the games are being played? Are they sharing the TWU gym, or are the non Semis being played in the new facility?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Checked out the FV Playoff games at Holy Cross, very entertaining night of basketball. Caught the 4th quarter and OT of the Mouat and Semi game, Semi had a 77-75 lead with 2 min left in the 4th, Mouat got some TOs and got in the open floor to capitalize to tie the game up 81-81. OT was a barn burner, Semi hit 4 3's to start OT, but Mouat would answer after every basket, back and forth at a high pace. Mouat led 97-96 with 1 min left in OT, but Semi would hit 2 FTs with 20 sec left to take a 98-97 lead, the game ended with a foul with less than 1 sec left on the clock and Mouat hitting 2 clutch FTs to win by 1 pt 99-98. Corey Hauck had another monster game after hitting 14 3s and 40+ pts vs. Holy Cross Friday, Hauck had somewhere along the lines of 30-40 pts. and helped the Hawks stay alive.

Holy Cross and Pitt Meadows was also a good match-up, with fans from both schools filling the gym, loud and raucous cheering for both schools. The 1st qtr felt like both teams were trying to find a rhythm, some TOs early for both squads as it looked like it was hard for both teams to communicate on the court with the noise in the gym the 1st qtr ended 16-16. In the 2nd qtr HCs guards picked up the pace, TB going hard to the basket and hitting 3s and JBB taking over getting to the paint finding teammates and finishing at the rim, HC would take a 51-30 lead going into halftime. Pitt would make a big push in the 3rd qtr, Graham Smith was his usual self dominating in the post offensively, causing all kinds of problems for HCs bigs, with Dododza and the Madu bros getting into foul trouble (Kongbo DNP is out with a scratched cornea from the Mouat game, listed as day-to-day). Pitt would cut the HC lead to 11 after 3. In the 4th with the HC bigs in heavy foul trouble, JBB a true "Tri-Brid" would take the challenge of guarding Smith and did as good job as anyone, using his strength and speed to deny post entries and make things as difficult as possible for Smith. The Madu Bros would go to work offensively, Henry hitting big 3s and Stan aggressively getting to the hoop, and HC took the W 79-68 and guarantee themselves a spot at this years AAAA Provincial Championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JK



Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:48 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
Checked out the FV Playoff games at Holy Cross, very entertaining night of basketball. Caught the 4th quarter and OT of the Mouat and Semi game, Semi had a 77-75 lead with 2 min left in the 4th, Mouat got some TOs and got in the open floor to capitalize to tie the game up 81-81. OT was a barn burner, Semi hit 4 3's to start OT, but Mouat would answer after every basket, back and forth at a high pace. Mouat led 97-96 with 1 min left in OT, but Semi would hit 2 FTs with 20 sec left to take a 98-97 lead, the game ended with a foul with less than 1 sec left on the clock and Mouat hitting 2 clutch FTs to win by 1 pt 99-98. Corey Hauck had another monster game after hitting 14 3s and 40+ pts vs. Holy Cross Friday, Hauck had somewhere along the lines of 30-40 pts. and helped the Hawks stay alive.

Holy Cross and Pitt Meadows was also a good match-up, with fans from both schools filling the gym, loud and raucous cheering for both schools. The 1st qtr felt like both teams were trying to find a rhythm, some TOs early for both squads as it looked like it was hard for both teams to communicate on the court with the noise in the gym the 1st qtr ended 16-16. In the 2nd qtr HCs guards picked up the pace, TB going hard to the basket and hitting 3s and JBB taking over getting to the paint finding teammates and finishing at the rim, HC would take a 51-30 lead going into halftime. Pitt would make a big push in the 3rd qtr, Graham Smith was his usual self dominating in the post offensively, causing all kinds of problems for HCs bigs, with Dododza and the Madu bros getting into foul trouble (Kongbo DNP is out with a scratched cornea from the Mouat game, listed as day-to-day). Pitt would cut the HC lead

to 11 after 3. In the 4th with the HC bigs in heavy foul trouble, JBB a true "Tri-Brid" would take the challenge of guarding Smith and did as good job as anyone, using his strength and speed to deny post entries and make things as difficult as possible for Smith. The Madu Bros would go to work offensively, Henry hitting big 3s and Stan aggressively getting to the hoop, and HC took the W 79-68 and guarantee themselves a spot at this years AAAA Provincial Championship.

Who's going to win the 2 Semi Finals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just a fan



Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Holy Cross and Walnut Grove are my picks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just a fan



Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 pm

Fox will play Pitt and Sardis will battle MEI Friday night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukester0506



Posts : 181
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 21
Location : Vancouver

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Just a fan wrote:
Fox will play Pitt and Sardis will battle MEI Friday night!

I think Heritage vs Terry Fox and North Surrey vs Pitt
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
Just a fan



Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:52 pm

That's Thursday, I'm predicting the Friday matchups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukester0506



Posts : 181
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 21
Location : Vancouver

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 am

Just a fan wrote:
That's Thursday, I'm predicting the Friday matchups

ohh my badddd
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
bchoopfan



Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:18 am

Cross and Grove finals. Cross size will bother tamanawis IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just a fan



Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 am

Cross and Grove would be epic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insider



Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 am

Am I missing something? Seems to me that Tamanawis vs Gleneagle would be the obvious choice...BC rankings a side which has Tamanawis at #1 and Gleneagle at #4, Both teams had dominating victories over ranked teams in Fox and Sardis. In my opinion, both Tamanawis and Gleneagle have the most talent pound for pound in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Today at 3:14 am

Back to top Go down
 
Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014
» AAAA Fraser Valley's
» Fraser Valley Southwest
» Top 10 Players in Fraser Valley?
» Fraser Valley Playoffs 2014

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: British Columbia :: BC Seniors-
Jump to: