HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Just a fan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Seems to me that HC beat Gleneagle in their own barn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Sr AAAA Boys Draw & Results 2014

Fraser Valley Championships

Thursday Feb. 27 - Fleetwood Park
G25 300p #6 Pitt Meadows 71 vs #9 North Surrey 68
G26 445p #7 Terry Fox 68 vs #12 Heritage Woods 75
G27 630p #8 MEI 76 vs #14 WJ Mouat 80
G28 815p #5 Sardis 74 vs #10 Yale 73

Great night of games at Fleetwood Park, Thursday night was do-or-die for teams and they played like it. Every game played I think went to the last minute before it was decided with great drama throughout the evening.
Terry Fox / Heritage Woods - Terry Fox was up for most of the game, taking full advantage of their size advantage and controlling the glass and paint, Fox PG Reyes went out early in the 1st half to a sprained ankle and would miss mostly the rest of the game. Heritage Woods held tough and were never down more than 10 pts with Jake McMahon and Tamam Gasmalla leading the charge to a 4th qtr comeback win and victory over their FV North rivals.
MEI / WJ Mouat - Mouat got off to a hot start shooting the lights out in the first half while MEI could not hit a shot. MEI would not get going until the 4th and made a furious comeback tying the game up halfway through the 4th. Corey Hauck played a masterful game the last few minutes, hitting shots, finding open teammates and getting to the basket to lead the Hawks to the W.
Sardis / Yale - Yale played great basketball for 3 qtrs. had more energy, aggression, getting all the looseballs and bounces, while Sardis looked lethargic and slow. The Yale zone really gave Sardis fits as they couldn't get any good looks at the basket, the Lions would go up by as much as 20. The 4th qtr was a whole different story, Yale's lack of depth really hurt them when starter Sasha Otanga fouled out early in the 4th, Sardis found new energy and while Yale who led for 47 min and 55 sec of the game really looked gassed the last few minutes and in a crazy finish Sardis finally took its first and only lead on 2 FTs with 4 sec left for the W.

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just a fan

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Any predictions for tonight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller2sk

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Just a fan wrote:
Heritage, Sardis, Gleneagle, Cross.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:05 pm

baller2sk wrote:
Just a fan wrote:
Heritage, Sardis, Gleneagle, Cross.....

Gleneagles will take it vs Grove. Grove defense is a suspect. Their juniors will not do well against the veterans like Denver/Grant/Cordell/bailey/Scott. Fouls galore when their inexperienced guards take on the vets of Gleneagles. This will force Coach Bergen to put Cohee on Denver and that is what Coach Scott wants to happen.

Tammy will win purely based upon their scrappy defense and Tammy is capable of matching pound for pound of Cross.

Sardis gets the berth to BC but the fight for the last berth will go to the wire between Heritage and Pitt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BCTopProspects

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Sardis, Pitt, Grove, Cross
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:27 am

Gleneagle-64
W. Grove- 40

Tamanawis-69
Holy Cross-58

Looks like a good battle in the Fraser Valley final with Tammy and Gleneagle both pulling through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:30 am

JLivingston wrote:

Gleneagles will take it vs Grove. Grove defense is a suspect. Their juniors will not do well against the veterans like Denver/Grant/Cordell/bailey/Scott. Fouls galore when their inexperienced guards take on the vets of Gleneagles. This will force Coach Bergen to put Cohee on Denver and that is what Coach Scott wants to happen.

Tammy will win purely based upon their scrappy defense and Tammy is capable of matching pound for pound of Cross.  

Sardis gets the berth to BC but the fight for the last berth will go to the wire between Heritage and Pitt.

Bang on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Sr AAAA Boys Draw & Results 2014

Fraser Valley Championships

Friday Feb. 28 - LEC
G29 645p #6 Pitt Meadows 72 vs #12 Heritage Woods 67
G30 830p #5 Sardis 96 vs #14 WJ Mouat 82
G31 645p #1 Walnut Grove 40 vs #4 Gleneagle 64 (Semi-Final)
G32 830p #2 Tamanawis 69 vs #3 Holy Cross 58 (Semi-Final)

Grove and Gleneagle was one sided from start to finish. Gleneagle dominated this game, excellent team ball by the Talons. Glen frustrated Grove defensively with their box and 1 on Cohee Grove could not generate any good offensive looks and could not buy a 3 pt shot, Gleneagle offensively got what they wanted especially their guards who played great, Brenden Bailey continues to amaze with his athletic ability, small in size only because kid got big hops, handle and heart out there, while Cordell Parker got what he wanted out there, cool calm and collected on the court he was POG.
Tammy and Cross was a tight close game for 35 minutes. The 1st qtr Tammy got out to a big lead hitting 7 3s in the qtr going up 11, Holy Cross would take over the 2nd with a physical stifling defense to take a 2 pt lead going into halftime, while the 3rd qtr was played pretty even between both teams ending deadlocked at 52-52. The last qtr decided the game and Tammy won it on 17-6 4th, HC was ice cold from the field only hitting 1 FG in the 4th qtr, Tammy bigman Sukhman Sandhu hit 2 back to back big 3s with less than 3 min to go to ice the game for Tammy. HC's JBB was excellent for the 1st 3 qtrs. finishing at the rim and at mid-range getting 20+ but was shutout in the 4th, while Tammy's Sukh Bains was on fire all night, great on the break when he has a head of speed, and an assassin from the 3 pt line nailing 7+ cold-blooded contested 3s, Bains ended up with 40+.

Saturday Mar. 1 - LEC
G33 645p #5 Sardis vs #6 Pitt Meadows (5th/6th)
G34 645p #1 Walnut Grove vs #3 Holy Cross (3rd/4th) (Consolation Final)
G35 830p #2 Tamanawis vs #4 Gleneagle (1st/2nd) (Championship Final)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Top 6 seeded teams get to the show. Top 4 were pretty certain from start while the bottom two (Sardis and Pitt) were out and out battles with many close teams. So unfortunate only 6 berths. I watched many of the do or die knock out games through out tourney (Yale - Sardis, Fox-HW). Some Great excitement. Caught last half of Pitt - HW clash yesterday. Pitt down by 14 early in 3rd but pulled it out. Graham Smith apparently w/ 40'sh pts & 20 boards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Is there a way to watch the final online?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:20 am

I wasn't there but I heard Tammy just won the championship in a classic overtime game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:51 am

vancity55555 wrote:
I wasn't there but I heard Tammy just won the championship in a classic overtime game.

Neither game disappointed, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:46 am

very impressed with Tammy and Gleneagle - great final and excellent tourney for both teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchorman

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:14 pm

What happened in the Grove /Cross game ? I thought HC''s size advantage and athleticism would of helped them dominate Grove. Losing this game will give a much harder draw! Any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Anchorman wrote:
What happened in the Grove /Cross game ? I thought HC''s size advantage and athleticism would of helped them dominate Grove. Losing this game will give a much harder draw! Any thoughts ?

HC started in a box-1 with Stan Maduabueke (I believe) on Jadon but switched to man as Jadon was much more assertive from the start. WG stuck with a 1-3-1 throughout the entire game and the fact Taylor picked up an early 2 fouls didn't help. WG played some really intense D in the 1st Q.

HC started using their size in the 3rd as Kongbo powered his way to the hoop on a number of consecutive drives (I think he had 10 straight points) supplemented by a dozen or so points from Taylor Browne.

Credit to WG's big players, they really hustled and used their strength in the post. Got some key buckets for the Gators towards the end as well. Credit to Kongbo as well, you could tell he came out in the second half determined to win and not only carried the offensive load but was also guarding Jadon.

1st: WG 15 - HC 8
Half: WG 37 - HC 29
3rd: WG 51 - HC 50
Final: WG 66 - WG 65
Back to top Go down
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Anyone have a short summary on the final last night? I was really hoping I could make it but I heard it was a very exciting game. How were the fans and atmosphere in the gym?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:22 pm

vancity55555 wrote:
Anyone have a short summary on the final last night? I was really hoping I could make it but I heard it was a very exciting game. How were the fans and atmosphere in the gym?

My first FV final so I'm not sure if you could ask for much more in a game? Fans were making noise all night - Tammy group brought out a big drum and wouldn't stop banging on it. Gleneagle fans countered with their own - all in all it was a great environment to be in.

Sukh Bains didn't get off to the super hot start he did vs. HC but Sukhman Sandhu was playing some great D and scoring points. Gleneagle was looking REALLY good in the 2nd and 3rd, just rolling on both sides of the court. At one point in the third, it was 54-38 Glen and then Tammy went on a huge run. Bains hit back to back 3s so the game's going back and forth. 17.7 on the clock, Tammy down 75-72 and Gleneagle played a 1-2-2 (towards the end of the game and the last shot) to prevent the Sukh Bains 3 but he kicked it to Parm who tied it up. Late in the 4th and going into OT, Gleneagle struggled to execute and had a number of shots late with 4-7 seconds on the shot clock. Tammy worked really hard to get themselves in it and wouldn't take any plays off.

1st: 19-13 TAM
Half: 43-36 GLEN
3rd: 62-56 GLEN
4th: 75-75
Final (OT): TAM 86 - GLEN 79
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014   Today at 6:40 am

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley Playoffs Sr AAAA Boys 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top