HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

here's a topic for u.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hawkfan

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:59 pm

This is turning really? Stupid really quick. A thrown game is a thrown game period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realllllly?

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Basketball  flower 
hawkfan wrote:
This is turning really? Stupid really quick. A thrown game is a thrown game period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:18 pm

For a lot of these kids at least the top shelf ones it is about way more than a high school championship. As you may have never been to harbor station there are many scouts there from many differen universities. There is a lt on the line for some of these kids but probably not many of the its just a game crowd do or ever will understand this. pale 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realllllly?

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:28 pm

hawkfan wrote:
For a lot of these kids at least the top shelf ones it is about way more than a high school championship. As you may have never been to harbor station there are many scouts there from many differen universities. There is a lt on the line for some of these kids but probably not many of the its just a game crowd do or ever will understand this. pale 

Well i am sure if they are THAT GOOD they will be looked at long before Harbor Station. And I am sure the ones that deserve to be on a University team ..they will be "picked up" GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS THAT ARE HEADING TO BIGGER AND BETTER! And as a fan that has sat on the bench for many years I think that all children should be given the respect that they deserve!!! This Realllllly? is getting stupid! Just here to cheer on ALL OF THE KIDS THAT PLAYED THIS WEEKEND AND THAT WILL BE PLAYING NEXT WEEKEND. And I am sure they all are playing the "Game" Smile Good night and God Bless Smile*to the young men and ladies that are reading these posts* I know that you are all doing what you think is best Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 am

clown Basketball 

Last edited by stars4life on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
celtic

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:18 am

stars4life wrote:
Grand manan wanted to take the easy road. Avoiding Hartland, I attended this game and I do have to say the coach is a fabulous actor.

lol..this is the best post this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:36 am

What does it really matter who flopped and who took the high road? Are there going to be any games at the final 12 this year where the 2 best teams are not there?

A GIRLS- JC vs Cant/Cal/Harvey
A boys- HCS VS Harv/GM
AA Boys- CN vs Wood
AA GIRLS- WOOD/ROTH
AAA--I don't really follow it but this doesn't seem to be as much of a topic there.

The above format seems to me to be as it should be. JC is definitely a step ahead of the pack so let the 3 or 4 other closest teams battle it out to have the opportunity to meet them. Hartland pulled out a tough one vs GM so why wouldn't we want a possible rematch at Harbour...the one in Hartland was the best I have seen all year! IN AA boys and Girls, the 2 best teams are going to opposite sides which is how it should be.

On another note...I wish Sam Drummond of Harvey the best of luck in recovering from a very hard knock to the head and certainly hope he can play this upcoming weekend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:22 am

celtic wrote:
What does it really matter who flopped and who took the high road? Are there going to be any games at the final 12 this year where the 2 best teams are not there?

A GIRLS- JC vs Cant/Cal/Harvey
A boys- HCS VS Harv/GM
AA Boys- CN vs Wood
AA GIRLS- WOOD/ROTH
AAA--I don't really follow it but this doesn't seem to be as much of a topic there.

The above format seems to me to be as it should be. JC is definitely a step ahead of the pack so let the 3 or 4 other closest teams battle it out to have the opportunity to meet them. Hartland pulled out a tough one vs GM so why wouldn't we want a possible rematch at Harbour...the one in Hartland was the best I have seen all year! IN AA boys and Girls, the 2 best teams are going to opposite sides which is how it should be.

On another note...I wish Sam Drummond of Harvey the best of luck in recovering from a very hard knock to the head and certainly hope he can play this upcoming weekend

You are bang on. It looks like the Harbour Station matchups will be the best vs the best. Regardless of how the 3/4 games played out, the format seems to have accomplished the desired result.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Even if GM does make it to HS, its going to be a blow out because by the sounds of it thats all they want, is to make it to HS nothing more... Ive been their and sure it was a great experience but i didnt care where it was played i just wanted that championship and i know that is how Hartland and Harvey think to. Throwing a game, loosing on purpose, who cares what path you take if you want it you will get it. Caladonia has a strong team as well and they can play well and tag along if you let them and i hope the kick GMs but.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Tanked or not, GM isn't the first team to do it, over the yrs I have seen MANY teams get "upset" at regionals. This is a major over reaction by a lot of people, unless anything changes in the format , it's gonna keep on keeping on. This coming weekend is all that matters, they still have to beat Harvey and then they have to beat Hartland, either way, no matter what side they go to, both teams are gonna be there.
Oh and first they have to get by a very talented Caledonia team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:08 am

Go breakers!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:38 am

Lakers14 wrote:
Even if GM does make it to HS, its going to be a blow out because by the sounds of it thats all they want, is to make it to HS nothing more... Ive been their and sure it was a great experience but i didnt care where it was played i just wanted that championship and i know that is how Hartland and Harvey think to. Throwing a game, loosing on purpose, who cares what path you take if you want it you will get it. Caladonia has a strong team as well and they can play well and tag along if you let them and i hope the kick GMs but.

Just get there, eh? I'll compare GM's championship banners to Harvey's any day of the week...in fact, I'm willing to bet 'Super Dave' has lost more finals than anyone in 'A' ball....if Harvey gets there and looses again, won't that be three in a row? So, don't tell me about just wanting to get there....No one cares about second place...ask the Buffalo Bills. LoL...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:03 am

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Lakers14 wrote:

Just get there, eh? I'll compare GM's championship banners to Harvey's any day of the week...in fact, I'm willing to bet 'Super Dave' has lost more finals than anyone in 'A' ball....if Harvey gets there and looses again, won't that be three in a row? So, don't tell me about just wanting to get there....No one cares about second place...ask the Buffalo Bills. LoL...

Hey Dougie Boy I am sad for you that you still hold a 30 year old grudge  Sad   Oh and btw Harvey did win it 2 years ago just to set you straight.....looking forward to some great ball this weekend coming up and I will be cheering on my Lakers , both boys and girls, down in Caledonia!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Yes we did loose last year to a talented team. These players have been to HS before its nothing new they just don't want to be there for the glory and the scouts they want the win too. As goes for Hartland. GM.. they just want the glory of being there and I hope that kicks themselves in the back in sectionals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dsmkbm

PostSubject: Cry Babies   Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:09 pm

All you Lakers and Breakers cry babies should just save your tears for H.S. when Hartland shows you all up... For at least this year, they are unbeatable by any of you cry babies... LOL!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm not a laker or breaker. I am however convinced your not paying attention. Unbeatable isn't a word I would use judging by some of the games they have played against each other. Maybe you should replace it with on any given day cause as long as both squads are healthy it is simply a toss up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realllllly?

PostSubject: upset!   Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Warrior4ever wrote:
Not sure about that Canterbury GM girls game.  Harvey and GM were evenly matched all season. GM was emotionally tired in a tough win against Harvey right before they played CHS the first time. Canterbury played without one of their best players in Taylor today. She was on the bench in street clothes.
Canterbury tanked, Most blatant I have ever seen. Fake an injury, play bench players most of the game that had never seen the light of the day before this game. Most telling, 3 minutes left and somehow they get it to within 6 and pull the rest of the starters. Note to Cantebury coach: when you plan a tank, do not tell your players. Direct quote from one of your players before the game" coach says no Blanken way we are going to Grand falls next weekend".
On the other hand, Grand Manan , playing with integrity came out with guns blazing, leaving no doubt they were out to win.we all have our opinion, but I know which coach I would want my kid to play for.
We need to change the 3/4 format, give the winner the choice.
I have been thinking about your comment the past couple days and it
really has bothered me. I have two young girls that play for Canterbury one in Mini and one in Middle. For you to say
that our coaches lack integrity is utterly ridiculous. This bitter nasty comment only tells me one thing. That you are
upset with the out come of the game, that it did not turn out the way you figured it should. And for you to say that
there is a best player I think all of the players play very well. Miss Taylor is an all around athlete so for you to say
she "FAKED" her injury is preposterous. She is an ALL STAR IN TRACK!! She is great in all her sports so if her knee was
injured or sore I know that her mother is not going to risk it getting worse and risk her track records. For you
to say there are other girls on this team that do not play or your words "have not seen the light of day" is and i will
repeat myself just rude and ignorant. The whole team in my eyes is full of Champions You must not have been looking
at them with clear eyes. Those girls that you speak of come into their first year of High School Basketball from Middle
basketball where they have won two years back to back championships. So I think those girls that have not
seen the light of day CAN HOLD THERE OWN. AND FOR YOU TO BULLY THEM AND SAY HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT THEM WHILE YOU SIT
BEHIND THE SCREEN OF A COMPUTER SHOWS WHAT KIND OF "INTEGRITY" YOU HAVE WHICH IS NONE!! I stand behind my school and
believe they played the game the best that they could! shame on you or picking on these wonderful young ladies. My name
Is Kim D. so you know that i a not scared to speak my piece and hide behind a "Guest" name!! GOOD LUCK TROJANS AND CELTICS
HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH YOU HAVE ALL MADE OUR SCHOOL PROUD!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Auerbach

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Maybe you two should go to the Jerry Springer show with all this drama, CAPS, and !!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:20 pm

WOW!!! Obsess much????

ob·sess/əbˈses/verb past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed

to preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.

Lets all look forward to this weekends games in a positive light and good luck to all the teams who have made it this far.......Ball on!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:14 pm

ballnut wrote:
So the all-star played in the game that would assure if they won they wouldn't  play john Caldwell and the bench didn't. Then in the game that would assure that if they lost they wouldn't play john Caldwell the all-star sat and the bench played. Yeah sounds perfectly normal but luckily the basketball gods are pointing you right where you need to go , to the defending champs home court
the last part of this statement is gonna be priceless and I hope realllly is there. That gym is gonna be a packed house and I can't wait to see the bench play. Hahaha yeah right I doubt it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realllllly?

PostSubject: <<obsessive compulsive    Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:16 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
WOW!!! Obsess much????  

ob·sess/əbˈses/verb  past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed

to preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.

Lets all look forward to this weekends games in a positive light and good luck to all the teams who have made it this far.......Ball on!!!!

Obsession would be someone going on four day over a "thrown game" no someone taking up for a hard working team Smile just sayin have a good night I have said my peace! Basketball 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:26 pm

I guess a thrown game isn't considered working hard????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Well that depends. Did they work hard at it? lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Ball

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 pm

A friend of mine made a suggestion to solve the whole win or lose the 3 / 4 game question and I'd love to hear some feedback on it. Simply eliminate the loser of the 3 / 4 game and give each first place team from the Regionals a bye into the Sectional Final. The number two teams would travel to the other conference and play the third place seed. Winner of that game plays the first place seed. I like the way it gives a reward for finishing first in the Regionals. It also solves the problem of giving the third place seed a decision of where they want to go but not the second place seed. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:48 pm

single a, always good for a laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: here's a topic for u.   Today at 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down

here's a topic for u.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top