HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RockNation

PostSubject: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Lots of talk on here about class of 2016, and 2018, what about 2017 Class any thoughts? Lots of talented 9th graders out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Some Players to Watch, Class of 2017
(in no particular order)
Pierce Strutt, Kitsilano
Luca Lizdek, Kitsilano
Ty Rowell, MEI
Carson Bergen, MEI
Jas Singh, Delta
Jacob Cowley, Delta
Mason Bourcier, Dr. Knox
Jonathan Mikhlin, Richmond High
Marcus Browne, Holy Cross
Cameron Morris, St Thomas More
Jaden Dewar, St. George's
Rajan Atker, Tamanawis
Noah Charles, Cowichan
Matt Carrion, St Thomas Aquinas
Landon Currie, Charles Fulton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RockNation

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:16 pm

I know some of these boys, but Noah Charles is not in grade 9 he is 2016

Boys to add for sure to the top players are

Jaden Touchie - Oak Bay
Jordan Gladstone - Dover Bay
Austin Sommers - Lambrick Park
Calvin Sommers - Lambrick Park
Ben - Oak Bay
Liam - St. Andrews
Nathan - Belmont

All of these boys are playing junior and Jaden, Jordan, Calvin and Austin are playing senior ball as well with a lot of playing time and contributing greatly to their teams impressive for been in grade 9

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HF

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:17 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
Some Players to Watch, Class of 2017
(in no particular order)
Pierce Strutt, Kitsilano
Luca Lizdek, Kitsilano
Ty Rowell, MEI
Carson Bergen, MEI
Jas Singh, Delta
Jacob Cowley, Delta
Mason Bourcier, Dr. Knox
Cameron Morris, St Thomas More
Rajan Atker, Tamanawis
Noah Charles, Cowichan
Matt Carrion, St Thomas Aquinas
Landon Currie, Charles Fulton

This is a great list, this is a deep class. There is enough to go around for 2 good teams. I believe most of these kids will be at Drive or BBC with Drive getting the majority of the top players. Hopefully in 2 years when these boys are U17 they can take the best 12 and win the nationals. I am still hoping that in my life I see the best players represent our Province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Saw a couple of 2017 kids to look out for at the Vancouver Cities Semi-Final game yesterday, Kenan Krupic and Kiante Knight from the Killarney Jr. Boys team (I believe they also have a G Jason Tantengco who was on the U14 Provincial team).
Krupic can shoot well with a smooth stroke and was able to take his man off the dribble with crossovers and shakes to get the rim and was able to finish at the basket in a variety of ways, also good size for a guard.
Knight has a strong physique not tall in stature but a good wingspan who uses his length to get rebounds and deflections on the ball, a worker who is constantly on the floor for loose balls, can shoot with range and finish at the basket with contact.

Hope all these kids, continue to work and grow their games as they continue to develop their skills and move forward through their high school years.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. -Michael Jordan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RockNation

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:01 pm

All of these boys are very strong. Kenan, Kiante, Jason, we're all on TEAM BC U-14 team last summer. This team was very strong. Two players from the island which were on that team and probably the strongest players on that team were Jordan Gladstone and Jaden Touchie. Both Native ballers who can really play all aspects of the game well. TEAM BC U-14 was strong watch for many of these players over the next few years in Senior ball they will turn many heads
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunnyok

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:09 pm

It sounds like u had some time with these BC Team players. What I understand, the U 14 BC team was very talented. Was there some other players from that team that deserves the same attention. One player in mind is Grant S. From the OKangan. But, there were at least 10 players that could be mentioned along with Jaden and Jorden. What makes you say they were the top players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RockNation

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Yes many players on that team were very good. I said Jaden and Jordan were the Strongest in all aspects of the game not the Best. Grant. S. Is very talent for a big man and Pierce S. Mason, Jason and many others, I am talking about the complete ball player for this age Group. Grant S. Could potentially be the best player long term as there is a huge upside with him. It will be interesting to see how all the boys from this team develop over the next few years. Good luck to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:15 pm

RockNation wrote:
All of these boys are very strong. Kenan, Kiante, Jason, we're all on TEAM BC U-14 team last summer. This team was very strong. Two players from the island which were on that team and probably the strongest players on that team were Jordan Gladstone and Jaden Touchie. Both Native ballers who can really play all aspects of the game well. TEAM BC U-14 was strong watch for many of these players over the next few years in Senior ball they will turn many heads

Just to clarify, Kenan played U14 Drive Elite, not BBC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
HF

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Coach Yash wrote:
RockNation wrote:

Just to clarify, Kenan played U14 Drive Elite, not BBC.

I believe Kenan is a late birthday and played Drive U13 Elite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RockNation

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Sorry yes wrong Kenan, there is another Kenan that played BBC U-14.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunnyok

PostSubject: Okanagan ball   Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:18 pm

I wanted to revisit this site and put some attention on what is happening in the OkAnagan Valley with U15(Gr 9 ). Some good input from the Island and the Coast.
Watched the Okanagan Valleys and the Gr 9 Provincials. I have to say the Okanagan has a handful of players that can play and compete with the best.
There is also some ridicules size in this group.
The UBCO Jr Heat club program should be impressive to watch this yr.

Grant Sheppard-6'8 (U14 Provincial team)

Owen Keys.6'8. 2nd team AllStar. Gr 9 Provincials. (U14 Provincial Team)

Nathan Hume 6'4 ( u14 Provincial team)

Mitch Glutek 6'2 ( U14 Provincial Team)

Mason Bourcier 6'0 1st team AllStar Gr 9 Provincials(U14 Provincial Team)

Kanaan McGoran 6'2 HM Gr 9 Provincials

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RockNation

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:14 pm

With this group of kids going into grade 10 and many playing senior ball it would be interesting to see peoples thoughts on the best grade 10's class 2017?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RockNation

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Here is a list no particular order

Pierce Strutt, Kitsilano
Luca Lizdek, Kitsilano
Ty Rowell, Walnut Grove
Jaden Touchie - Oak Bay
Jas Singh, Delta
Jacob Cowley, Delta
Mason Bourcier Kelowna
Rajan Atker, Tamanawis
Austin Sommers - Lambrick Park
Calvin Sommers - Lambrick Park
Grant Sheppard - Kelowna
Fardaws Aimaq - Stevenson London
Jason Tantengco - Kilarney
Michael Chany - Notre Dame
Sam Bailey - Vancouver College
Yoel Teclehaimanot - King George

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Who is best in Class for 2017 in BC?   Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 am

RockNation wrote:
Here is a list no particular order

Pierce Strutt, Kitsilano
Luca Lizdek, Kitsilano
Ty Rowell, Walnut Grove
Jaden Touchie - Oak Bay
Jas Singh, Delta
Jacob Cowley, Delta
Mason Bourcier Kelowna