HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
casualobserver

PostSubject: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:30 pm

I'd like to wager in with a Hartland vs. Grand Manan prediction.

Let's use transitive logic.
• In the South-West Regional 3rd place game, Grand Manan lost by 14 to Canterbury.
• In the Sectional Final today, Hartland beat Canterbury by 63.

Based on this, I'll take Hartland by 77 over Grand Manan at Harbour Station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:38 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Grand manan over hartland by 7!! See everyone Saturday !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballfreak

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:05 pm

casualobserver wrote:
I'd like to wager in with a Hartland vs. Grand Manan prediction.

Let's use transitive logic.
• In the South-West Regional 3rd place game, Grand Manan lost by 14 to Canterbury.
• In the Sectional Final today, Hartland beat Canterbury by 63.

Based on this, I'll take Hartland by 77 over Grand Manan at Harbour Station.

Obviously you didn't watch the GM Canterbury game, its obvious that GM threw the game, that's the only reason they lost to Canterbury. Hartland takes it by 15 or so, GM wont know what to do on the big stage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
casualobserver

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Unfortunately, my intense sarcasm doesn't come through in my text.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dsmkbm

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:29 am

I've seen them both play... my money is on Hartland by 10 points !! Those boys can play ball...
We will see who's right on Saturday...  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:14 am

I think it could go either way and will be 1 of the better A boys finals we have seen in quite a few years. The difference maker for Hartland is Hamilton. Pothier vs Orser and Foster vs Horsman kind of cancel out. If Hamilton play solid inside and stays out of FOUL trouble, he should be the diff maker. Veysey has been around a long time and I'm sure he will have something in his back pocket so I think it will be interesting for sure.

The AA boys will be a great game as well and I have to agree that a lot of pressure is on Keegan. I also believe Colby Lawrence will have to step up as well inside as board may very well determine the outcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 am

dsmkbm wrote:
I've seen them both play...   my money is on Hartland by 10 points !!   Those boys can play ball...
We will see who's right on Saturday...  cheers 

When you say boys.. you mean Orser Foster and Hamilton right? if Hartland keeps those guys on the floor they will win..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawkfan

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:06 pm

pothier vs orser gotta give nod to pothier. Foster vs Horsman gotta give nod to horseman. Hamilton vs linton gotta go Hamilton. The one bad thing is GM does a decent job of boxing out and Hamilton tends to get in foul trouble also if Hartland doesn't get out to cover Urquhart he is capable of shooting the lights out.The rest of the players are fairly even but GM just seems to be getting better and better with the exception of that one questionable game. I gotta give the nod to GM but I am still gonna cheer for the huskies' should be interesting.

On a side note I am not sure how Horsman didn't get the nod for allstar but you sure should have. Good luck boys and make it as exciting as it should be.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:15 pm

I look at the game between Hartland and GM a week and a half ago. GM with a very short bench, came off a very challenging game against Caldwell where nobody get to rest, and then had to get on the court with Hartland 2 hours later. Hartland had a very easy game much earlier in the day where they got to rest everybody.

These factors coupled with Hartland on home court were a big deal. GM had a lead all game until they ran out of gas in the last 5 min of the game and eventually lost when Orser hit a challenging shot with 1.2 seconds left to squeak it out.

Now, all this being said, with both teams being rested, neutral court. I think GM has a shot. Hartland has more experience, but I think GM is hungrier. Not to mention the GM fans haven't been to the show in a couple of years, I am told they can be loud. With the game being in the middle of the day, people can go to the game and get home the same day, interested to see if there is anybody left on the rock that day.

Only thing missing from the picture is to see if Breaker 84-87 is prepared to make the long venture from Alta......whatcha think, you up for it Dougie?

Breakers by 7.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Hope all can make it the show go breakers baby !!! Another banner to the collection!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballfreak

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Breakerball wrote:
Hope all can make it the show go breakers baby !!! Another banner to the collection!!

for hartland... yeah gm choke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:46 pm

ballfreak wrote:
Breakerball wrote:

for hartland... yeah gm choke
. So your saying GM has to choke for hartland to win?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kobe100

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Hartland is way better than GM... On paper and on the court.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Hey 39forever can you get some of the Grand Manan faithful to come cheer on the KVHS girls on Friday night. One of their girls has some island blood in her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 pm

kobe100 wrote:
Hartland is way better than GM... On paper and on the court.
. Yeah the paper I saw said 2 points better after a hard game earlier in the day yup should be a real blowout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:16 pm

breakercoach wrote:
Hey 39forever can you get some of the Grand Manan faithful to come cheer on the KVHS girls on Friday night. One of their girls has some island blood in her.

That must be a Jensen....I haven't seen Chuck in awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:24 am

Hartland is good at shutting teams down, if they play their game their is going to be a huge spread in this game, They are good at staying right on top of the other team and if they play their defence like they did last year their is no chance for GM.

And fans have nothing to do with it cause when your on that court you don't even hear the fans, and hey woody always has the place packed with fans and they cant seem to win. So again talked to a lot of GM people and all they want is to be at HS.. Hartland wants the win!
And the game that Hartland only beat GM by 2 has nothing to do with anything, Last year we beat Hartland 2 or 3 times by a fair amount and when we got to HS they took control. Its this game that counts.

Hartland by 30. Pothier gets shut down by Orsers defence, Orser can score points which is important and he can shut people down with his defence which is very important. Orser last year had a double double.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breakerball

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:52 am

You don't know anything. I hope to see you tomorrow. Hartland by 30 is a kick in the nuts to our boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Lakers14 wrote:
Hartland is good at shutting teams down, if they play their game their is going to be a huge spread in this game, They are good at staying right on top of the other team and if they play their defence like they did last year their is no chance for GM.

And fans have nothing to do with it cause when your on that court you don't even hear the fans, and hey woody always has the place packed with fans and they cant seem to win. So again talked to a lot of GM people and all they want is to be at HS.. Hartland wants the win!
And the game that Hartland only beat GM by 2 has nothing to do with anything, Last year we beat Hartland 2 or 3 times by a fair amount and when we got to HS they took control. Its this game that counts.

Hartland by 30. Pothier gets shut down by Orsers defence, Orser can score points which is important and he can shut people down with his defence which is very important. Orser last year had a double double.

This sounds like a post by somebody who is bitter about their teams not making it........a Harvey fan perhaps?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Hartland by 30 is really going out on a limb! I do agree that Orser is very good when the pressure is on. He keeps his composure very well and basically runs that team. IMO, he is the best player in A ball this year as he has been consistent all year. You can make a case for Pothier but he has problems staying on the floor due to injury/cramps. It will be a great matchup between the 2 although I will be surpirised if they guard each other
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:58 am

Everyone can talk the talk now it's time to walk the walk........This game will put an end to the argument, who is the best Orser or Pothier at Point Guard. I hope they both play super. Should be fun to watch!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:59 am

who cares whos the better point guard. Orser is a better team player and a better defenceman, that counts more than just being a good pointguard. Orser only got 16 points last year at Harbour but how many assist did he get? A lot! we will see whos the all around better team player today. GO HUSKIES GO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dsmkbm

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:10 pm

START THE BOAT!!!!! LOL!!! I guess my prediction was right. Way to go Huskies!! You had it from the get go!! And yes I seen a lot of long faces on the breakers side like my other earlier prediction in a previous forum!!! Guess that's where earlier thrown games get you . Karma always bites your as$.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lakers14

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Not quite 30 but almost Wink huge shout out to my old team the Hartland huskies! Wish I could of been their on the court again with ya boys! Good job wait to shut them down! Ya got what other teams don't, your not just a team your friends that love to win!
Congratulations - Jacob Snelgrove
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction   Today at 9:08 am

Back to top Go down

'A' Boys Harbour Station Prediction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next