HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

4A BC's - whose time to win is now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PressThis

PostSubject: 4A BC's - whose time to win is now?   Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:35 am

So many excellent grade 12's closing out their high school careers over next month or so.  It will be an exciting BC tourney.

Based on team make-up (i.e. grade 12 starters versus younger starters) and importance of these players, which teams have their best shot to win now compared to next year?

Some initial candidates for discussion at least:

- Gleneagle - not sure who will even be left besides Cordell P.

- WG - end of JC era

- HC - still will have some great players left but how much will they miss all their bigs including JK and 19yr old twin towers.  

- Tammy - key players gone - really not sure??

- Churchill - MM gone but IMO they will still be one of top teams for next few years - great future ahead

- Sardis - hard to replace HL?

Besides Churchill, some teams have bright futures given current reliance on younger players.  Heritage, Fox and Kits come to mind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: 4A BC's - whose time to win is now?   Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Van College will be tough next year as well.
They are finishing strongly now and will gain some height next season.
Don't count them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
d4championships

PostSubject: Re: 4A BC's - whose time to win is now?   Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 am

I know people forget about the island teams a lot like Oak Bay, Claremont and Cowichan. Claremont and Cowichan are in the tourney this year with Claremont having a physical team but I don't think will have the depth for the mainland teams but both teams could surprise and squeak one out if you're not careful. Cowichan is young have a stud in Charles and they are very big but have very little outside shooting. Next year they will be their year to be considered as a top ten school I would think but that's just one person's opinion.  afro 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4A BC's - whose time to win is now?   Today at 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down

4A BC's - whose time to win is now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1