HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 10 teams for next year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lukester0506

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:10 am

If they arent capable of putting a team together at Gleneagle, I believe they are eligible to play at the closest school who are able to field a team. Someone like ebes can possibly back me up, but I may be wrong.

If Heritage gets the guys from Gleneagle next year they should be fairly strong. Not sure about their size as they lacked in size this year. The should be a competitor in the valleys imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
BestHoop

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Yes kids can go to a nearby school to play. Same as Riverside last season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukester0506

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:08 am

Seems like it's official, Rick Lopez (Head Coach - Churchill) will be back at churchill for next 2 years despite taking a job as Vice Principle at Lord Byng mid way through the season this year. Good luck to him and the Bulldogs for the years to come  Smile 

Source: @MHStewart: Churchill basketball coach being recognized for dedication to athletics; now VP at Byng, he will coach Bulldogs for two more years. #VSB39

https://twitter.com/MHStewart/status/460973521129451520
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
Hoops-9

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 pm

stocktonsshorts wrote:
Gleaneagle can't or won't field a senior team?

I find it very strange that a AAAA sized school cannot field a team in a sport  like basketball given it's popularity.  I know they had 2 starters that were grade 11 last year and another player who played siginificant minutes in the valley final that was grade 11.  There aren't 7 other guys in grades 10-12 that could help make up this team??

Something's not right.

Gleneagle had a roster of 10 with 4 seniors...on any given night, about 8 (sometimes 9) would be dressed to play. So that leaves you with only 4 or 5 serious returnees. There was no junior boys team at Gleneagle this year, only a grade 9 team. In my personal experience, most boys who play grade 9 basketball are typically not ready to jump to senior the next year as grade 10s.
So, yes, it is probably a matter of "can't" field a team as opposed to "won't." It happens all the time at AAA schools with no girls team - just not enough interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GW

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:37 pm

AAAA
Holy Cross
Tammy
Churchill
Cowichan
Kelowna

AAA
STM
Abby
Fleetwood
Nanaimo
Delta

AA
Smus
Lambrick
Palmer
Valleyview
Bars by(nanaimo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:35 pm

GW wrote:
AAAA
Holy Cross
Tammy
Churchill
Cowichan
Kelowna

AAA
STM
Abby
Fleetwood
Nanaimo
Delta

AA
Smus
Lambrick
Palmer
Valleyview
Bars by(nanaimo)

I'd add in Brentwood College in AA, Walnut Grove in 4A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 pm

GW wrote:
AAAA
Holy Cross
Tammy
Churchill
Cowichan
Kelowna

AAA
STM
Abby
Fleetwood
Nanaimo
Delta

AA
Smus
Lambrick
Palmer
Valleyview
Bars by(nanaimo)

Surprised with Holy Cross at # 1 given loss of many starters unless they replace with new transfers like last year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hooplife

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:58 pm

I've been hearing many rumors lately about Aminder Basra #9 fromt the Tamanawis Wildcats moving to Panorama Ridge? Is this true if anyone knows? PR can be one of best teams in the province
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchoopscout

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Hooplife wrote:
I've been hearing many rumors lately about Aminder Basra #9 fromt the Tamanawis Wildcats moving to Panorama Ridge? Is this true if anyone knows? PR can be one of best teams in the province  

Not heard about #9 but rumors are that Dulay, after moving to Drive, is planing to move to churchill next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:30 pm

via @DRIVEBasketball
**Announcement** DRIVE Class of 2017 6'5 PG Izaiah Ugoalah will attend the prestigious Sunrise Christian Academy in Wichita, Kansas this coming year. Izaiah leaves B.C. as a Provincial Champion & one of the most talented youth players we've ever had in our program. Izaiah will still play for DRIVE for the next two Summers. We are all so proud of Izaiah & are looking forward to watching & helping him grow over the next 3 years.

I wonder how much this hurts the reigning 4A Champ Bulldogs, they still have a very talented core of young players, but Izaiah was a very talented piece, should make things even more interesting next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballfanvancouver

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Even without Izaiah Ugoalah, Bulldogs will still be a very strong team. I am surprised why Tamanawis is even being considered in the top 10. Sahil Dhami has moved to Panorama Ridge and the only players left worth mentioning in the team are Sagar Dulay and Miguel Tomley.
It will also be very interesting to see how Burnaby South performs without Jermaine Haley.

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
via @DRIVEBasketball
**Announcement** DRIVE Class of 2017 6'5 PG Izaiah Ugoalah will attend the prestigious Sunrise Christian Academy in Wichita, Kansas this coming year. Izaiah leaves B.C. as a Provincial Champion & one of the most talented youth players we've ever had in our program. Izaiah will still play for DRIVE for the next two Summers. We are all so proud of Izaiah & are looking forward to watching & helping him grow over the next 3 years.

I wonder how much this hurts the reigning 4A Champ Bulldogs, they still have a very talented core of young players, but Izaiah was a very talented piece, should make things even more interesting next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchoopscout

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:37 pm

I have heard that coach Mike has left Tamanawis. This will be a great loss to the wildcats. I also don't see them cracking the top 10 rankings this year.
My top 10 Rankings for this year are:
1. Churchill
2. Van College
3. Walnut Grove
4. Terry Fox
5. Heritage Woods
6. Kelowna
7. Kitsilano
8. Holy Cross
9. Pitt Meadows
10. Cowichan

HM: Semiamhoo. North Surrey, West Vancouver, Panorama Ridge, Lord Tweedsmuir. Tamanawis

On another note, Heritage woods will be a team to lookout if both Cordell Parker plays for Heritage woods.
ballfanvancouver wrote:
Even without Izaiah Ugoalah, Bulldogs will still be a very strong team. I am surprised why Tamanawis is even  being considered in the top 10.   Sahil Dhami has moved to Panorama Ridge and  the only players left worth mentioning in the team are Sagar Dulay and Miguel Tomley.
It will also be very interesting to see how Burnaby South performs without Jermaine Haley.

via @DRIVEBasketball

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hookedonhoops

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:28 pm

Sahil Dhami(Tamanawis) and Justin Rudio(Lord Tweedsmuir) both have transferred and confirmed today to play for Panorama Ridge.

via @DRIVEBasketball

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:10 am

what's with the transfers to Panaroma (besides they are now the up and coming team in Surrey not Tammy)

IMO Kits is team to beat this year followed by Fox. Heritage now has way more depth with key transfers of starters from Gleneagle team which folded so they will be very tough. Churchhill will still be very good but no Ugoalah is a big loss which impacts their depth and athleticism. Not sure about Holy Cross - they lost many starters. I think North Surrey may get in top 10 over HC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:16 am

PressThis wrote:
what's with the transfers to Panaroma (besides they are now the up and coming team in Surrey not Tammy)

IMO Kits is team to beat this year followed by Fox.  Heritage now has way more depth with key transfers of starters from Gleneagle team which folded so they will be very tough.  Churchhill will still be very good but no Ugoalah is a big loss which impacts their depth and athleticism.  Not sure about Holy Cross - they lost many starters.  I think North Surrey may get in top 10 over HC.

oops, forgot Cowichan - predict top 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheenaisapunkrocker

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:37 am

[quote="hookedonhoops"]Sahil Dhami(Tamanawis) and Justin Rudio(Lord Tweedsmuir) both have transferred and confirmed today to play for Panorama Ridge.  

Remember though, they may have both transferred and confirmed that they are attending PR. BC School Sport eligibility is something else. Just because kids can transfer to another school and want to play does not mean they are allowed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
22rebel

PostSubject: Top 10 teams for next year   Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 am

Oak Bay and Mt. Boucherie are two other teams that could make some noise this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shocker1

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 pm

With Jermaine Haley returning to Burnaby South they should be a top 5 teams, along with returning players Tyus Batiste, E.J Mabone and Nic Trinic they should contend for a championship just like grade 9 and 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TruLife

PostSubject: SMU in AA?   Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:29 am

Why doesn't SMU in Victoria move up into the more competitive AAA division as have a number of other schools with the addition of AAAA?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:17 pm

There is going to be some tough battles in various zones to make it to 2015 AAAA Prov finals:

- Mt Boucherie Vs Kelowna for one and only spot in Okanagan

- Churchill Vs Van College Vs Kits Vs Burnaby South for 3 spots in Lower Mainland (shame one of these will be left out)

- the usual tough battle in Fraser Valley with 6 spots with the likes of WG, Fox, Heritage, Holy Cross, Pitt, Tammy, North Surrey, Yale, Mowat, up and comers Panorama and the list goes on

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GW

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 pm

does anyone know whether WRCA is going to be a top 15 team next year or for the following year? Because they came second to walnut two years ago and since then have yet to make a splash in AAAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:01 pm

GW wrote:
does anyone know whether WRCA is going to be a top 15 team next year or for the following year? Because they came second to walnut two years ago and since then have yet to make a splash in AAAA

WRCA did not field a Sr. Boys team last season, they did have a Jr. Boys team that finished 2-5 in League play though. WRCA is a long ways away from getting back into any sort of contention for Provincial titles, but hopefully another Scott Allen type comes along to help rebuild such a storied program.

Here's a thread from 2013 about the WRCA program:
http://hooplife.canadian-forum.com/t1936-wrca-program-finished
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ceelow75

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 pm

If WRCA does field a team Sr team this year. It probably will be in 'A'. But like Jesus Shuttles said, they do need a Scott Allen type of coach to rebuild the program. They also need admin support of the direction they want to go with their athletic program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigdawg2013

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:48 am

Where is JBB playing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Bigdawg2013 wrote:
Where is JBB playing?

Not in BC for high school or club as far as I know. Clearly one of BC's top players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year   Today at 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Top 10 teams for next year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next