HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BNB Boys Provincial Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:01 am

If you know the winners of last weekends boys provincials post them here.

Midget Boys Section 3 - Harvey over McAdam
Mini Boys Section 5 - Harvey over Canterbury

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:17 am

Mini Boys Div 1 - Freddy over Moncton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rivhoops

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Juvenile guys Section 2 - 95-88 in OT for Albert County Commandoes(Riverview) over Sackville Titans
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://riverviewhoops.wix.com/riverview-hoops#
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Midget boys division 1 Freddy over moncton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:47 am

ballnut wrote:
Midget boys division 1 Freddy over moncton

NB over moncton you mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:03 am

OK if that's what you prefer to call it. Moncton also had the 3 best players from riverview. As a guy who watched fredi jv play at least a dozen times this year the JV team was better than the one we played on the weekend they are still great offensively but defense wise the intensity was no where near what we faced all year. I am not sure what the big deal is nobody at our tournament had a original team everybody picked up somebody. It is simply a great way to end the season, throw a bunch of buddies together and play as hard or as easy as you want just great fun after an intense year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:13 am

This is probably part of the reason that we are seeing less schools put in teams in the BNB Provincials and now without and residency rules we get teams stacked with players from all over the province......and don't try and feed me the garbage that they are "just playing for fun" these kids are use to playing competitive ball and the only reason for stacking a team with 8 provincial players is to "win" with an unfair advantage......but whatever floats your boat I guess.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Auerbach

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:19 pm

I agree with BeeBall. Winning a provincial title with the provincial team is a joke. Too bad BNB allowed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Sorry beeball I think you misunderstand what I mean. There is nothing more fun than winning. The last time I saw a team without players from other teams was bantam. We played Harvey/ McAdam beforeYes they were team NB but they are also a bunch of buddies that enjoy playing basketball they were having a great time and not serious as they usually are it was great to see. Lots of derogatory comments but none of you were there to see it so your only guessing and whining about something that really doesn't matter much. If your that serious make a team to beat them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:41 pm

ballnut wrote:
Sorry beeball I think you misunderstand what I mean. There is nothing more fun than winning. The last time I saw a team without players from other teams was bantam. We played Harvey/ McAdam beforeYes they were team NB but they are also a bunch of buddies that enjoy playing basketball they were having a great time and not serious as they usually are it was great to see. Lots of derogatory comments but none of you were there to see it so your only guessing and whining about something that really doesn't matter much. If your that serious make a team to beat them

No one is being derogatory.

Other teams paid money to attend midget provincials to compete, not to be beaten by 40+ against a team of all stars.

In two years when they try that again, hopefully everyone pulls out or goes Division 2 so they don't have to play the U17 team.

Also there is such thing as text messaging. I had the scores being texted to me, beating teams by 40, 50 and 60+. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:02 am

ballnut wrote:

Ballnut I completely understand what you mean but making a comparison of small schools like Harvey and McAdam putting a team together compared to FHS/ LHHS  or a "All-star" team of Under 15 players is just silly. I am not sure if you have ever been to Harvey or McAdam but they are not large cities. In order to be able to put a team together they sometimes have to combine a team but generally only at the juvenile level.

If your buddies want to play as a "team" just for fun then maybe they should have requested being put in Juvenile or Intermediate classes and get a real test......I mean its just for fun right!

No whining or no derogatory comments from me , I just don't agree with the idea......but congrats on the accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sosadforu

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:25 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
This is probably part of the reason that we are seeing less schools put in teams in the BNB Provincials and now without and residency rules we get teams stacked with players from all over the province......and don't try and feed me the garbage that they are "just playing for fun" these kids are use to playing competitive ball and the only reason for stacking a team with 8 provincial players is to "win" with an unfair advantage......but whatever floats your boat I guess.........

Mad 

very comical. 1st of all noone had 8 provincial players but i am sure the other 3 players apprecitate your respect for them...lol 2nd none of the players are provincial players the teams aren't picked yet this year 2014 just the coaches. oh you mean last year team players well alot of development takes place at this age group so no guarantees who is on the team this year or we would like to believe! Why are you not whinning over the fact every team had players from all communities including the last place midget team in Tier 1 who had 3 of last year NB players, 3 different cities of players and 3 NB 2014 coaches sitting on the bench, i am guessing if they won instead of coming in last place they might have been your flag you were waving, maybe if you don't want to play against the best you should not sign up for Tier 1 however be aware there was last years NB players playing there as well; so maybe check in a little further down or embrace the chance to play against a higher level of competition than obviously you are use to!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:52 pm

sosadforu wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

Mad 

very comical. 1st of all noone had 8 provincial players but i am sure the other 3 players apprecitate your respect for them...lol   2nd none of the players are provincial players the teams aren't picked yet this year 2014 just the coaches. oh you mean last year team players well alot of development takes place at this age group so no guarantees who is on the team this year or we would like to believe! Why are you not whinning over the fact every team had players from all communities including the last place midget team in Tier 1 who had 3 of last year NB players, 3 different cities of players and 3 NB 2014 coaches sitting on the bench, i am guessing if they won instead of coming in last place they might have been your flag you were waving, maybe if you don't want to play against the best you should not sign up for Tier 1 however be aware there was last years NB players playing there as well; so maybe check in a little further down or embrace the chance to play against a higher level of competition than obviously you are use to!!!!!!!!!!!

Your name is full of irony.

Thanks for creating an account just to make a post full of exclamation marks, so sad for you indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BAM

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:24 pm

My thoughts on this are the rules allow you to stack your team . Sounds like more than one team was guilty of this. One team just stacked a lot stronger team then the others. That said only one banner has real value and prestige and it is won at Harbour Station. For the team that won every midget game by 40-60 guessing you would have been better served and maybe had more fun up in Juvenile and challenging yourself as winning by 40-60 is as exciting and as fun as watching paint dry. Competition is a lot more fun when you have someone to compete against.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: I agree   Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 am

unfortuantley I agree with both sides of the fence here. New Brunswick does not have the population to stack a team to compete against kids their own age. If they just have fun hanging out and playing basketball together put a team in but move up an age bracket. They would have had just as much fun and it probably would have been alot better for their developement. Everyone who competes likes to win. That is not the issue. Just a level playing field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sosadforu

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:07 am

Thanks for creating an account just to make a post full of exclamation marks, so sad for you indeed.[/quote]

what is really sad is posting 70 times on things that you only know half the story. Agreed this team would have been better suited for Juvenile the way they seemed to gel for their 1st -4 games together .

However Juvenile, the last place team in tier 1 had picked up a Canada Games player + player from other cities,already had such players as well with a Canada Games 2014 coach. 2nd place team combined mulitiple high schools and prep player from the US while the winning team was stacked with Canada games players, other teams grouped as well so its not about Midget its about the blowout!
Hopefully everyone watches hockey as well if not you should; team Canada its about finding a team that gels not just getting the best players together I guess this is what happened here since there was only had 6 players and not all last year NB players as suggested. My understanding the lines were rolled continuously to so it wasn't a matter of just running certain players that basketball coaches especially in Riverview are known for! It was about involving the whole team and in my books that is fun for the whole team and winning is the icing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:06 pm

sosadforu wrote:

Thanks for creating an account just to make a post full of exclamation marks, so sad for you indeed.

what is really sad is posting 70 times on things that you only know half the story. Agreed this team would have been better suited for Juvenile the way they seemed to gel for their 1st -4 games together .

However Juvenile, the last place team in tier 1 had picked up a Canada Games player + player from other cities,already had such players as well with a Canada Games 2014 coach. 2nd place team combined mulitiple high schools and prep player from the US while the winning team was stacked with Canada games players, other teams grouped as well so its not about Midget its about the blowout!
Hopefully everyone watches hockey as well if not you should; team Canada its about finding a team that gels not just getting the best players together I guess this is what happened here since there was only had 6 players and not all last year NB players as suggested. My understanding the lines were rolled continuously to so it wasn't a matter of just running certain players that basketball coaches especially in Riverview are known for! It was about involving the whole team and in my books that is fun for the whole team and winning is the icing![/quote]

Edit: Not going to bother with someone who is randomly taking jabs at Riverview coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bev Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Although this cannot be confirmed, it's been rumored a team from here in Saint John is loading up for the 55 and over BNB division with nine players who finished second back in 1974.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:26 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
ballnut wrote:

Ballnut I completely understand what you mean but making a comparison of small schools like Harvey and McAdam putting a team together compared to FHS/ LHHS  or a "All-star" team of Under 15 players is just silly. I am not sure if you have ever been to Harvey or McAdam but they are not large cities. In order to be able to put a team together they sometimes have to combine a team but generally only at the juvenile level.
I know how big Harvey is. Came out of there a few years ago with a bnb banner. The comparison is perfectly on line you have been harbor station champs. You were in the final last year and at bnb you had McAdam players I was there. My son and his buddies were not the ice team and they had a great time they use the tourney as a way to get back together and play ball. That's it
If your buddies want to play as a "team" just for fun then maybe they should have requested being put in Juvenile or Intermediate classes and get a real test......I mean its just for fun right!

No whining or no derogatory comments from me , I just don't agree with the idea......but congrats on the accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Been to Harvey. Won a bnb banner in Harvey. Watched Harvey almost win at harbor station last year and still showed up at bnb with McAdam players. If your team isn't exactly the same as it was all year you are stacking it. No one went out and took the 8th or 9th guy from a team so don't tell me it wasn't to make your team better. Ice were just best at it. Kudos to them. And no my son wasn't on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:54 pm

ballnut wrote:
Been to Harvey. Won a bnb banner in Harvey. Watched Harvey almost win at harbor station last year and still showed up at bnb with McAdam players. If your team isn't exactly the same as it was all year you are stacking it. No one went out and took the 8th or 9th guy from a team so don't tell me it wasn't to make your team better. Ice were just best at it. Kudos to them. And no my son wasn't on it.

Harvey had 2 grade 11 players and 4 grade 12 players making 6 players.......McAdam had 4 players in grade 12 so that makes 10......kind of hard to play with either 6 or 4 players eh.....I really am not following your logic , both Harvey and McAdam had enough players to field a full team of gr 9-10 players for midget........oh and congrats on the BNB banner win....what year was that?  jocolor 

BTW what does ICE stand for? Do you know?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:51 am

My logic is simple everybody does it at midget and juvenille. If people don't like the way it is done simply don't put a team in. I understand not having enough players but the point still is it is not the team that played together all year. 95% of these teams aren't original. It is what it is probably won't change anytime soon. I have no idea what ice stands for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BAM

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 am

I agree it wont change anytime soon and I see your point ballnut. Being an Arm chair Quarterback may not be fair but in hind sight this team should have played up a level and challenged themselves. Look at Carleton County they put in an All star team from three of their schools they could have played in a lower Juvenile tier and possibly cleaned up. They decided to play at the top tier and challenged themselves. Finished 2-2.
Had a highly competitive tournament and Kudos to them. My concern about stacking is when you stack are some of your team mates that worked as hard as you in the regular High School season and want to play Midget or Juvenile not getting a chance to play because you decided to put a separate team together and not include them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:19 am

ballnut wrote:
My logic is simple everybody does it at midget and juvenille. If people don't like the way it is done simply don't put a team in. I understand not having enough players but the point still is it is not the team that played together all year. 95% of these teams aren't original. It is what it is probably won't change anytime soon. I have no idea what ice stands for.

ok lets stop beating a dead horse.....we agree to disagree on this point , in the end they are all kids and I hope they all had fun. I know I enjoyed watching my son play on the weekend.

So what year did you win a banner in Harvey?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Last year of mini and he is in 10 now, so 4 years ago for the Hillsborough tigers. I certainly enjoy watching mine as well nothing quite like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BNB Boys Provincial Results   Today at 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down

BNB Boys Provincial Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1