HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

MINDY MINHAS class D act & Super 25 rankings released by Howard Tsumura

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GotEm

PostSubject: Re: MINDY MINHAS class D act & Super 25 rankings released by Howard Tsumura   Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:16 am

Long time lurker here. From what I can see there seems to be a substantial increase recently of Tamanawis supporters/ affiliates on this forum who are actively bashing Mindy and Churchill. I didn't get a chance to see the Churchill vs Tamanawis game but I heard that the foul call on Bains was questionable. I also heard that the Tamanawis fans were yelling derogatory terms toward Mindy and the Churchill team, and even a former Tamanawis player and current CIS player, Manny Dulay, was involved. I get trash talking is part of the game but some of the comments that were supposedly said were crossing line.  The Tamanawis affiliates need to stop trying to promote Bains and bringing down Minhas. I get it you guys are not impressed that you lost but things happen and you need to get over it. The kid is 17 years old and he tweeted something in the heat of the moment but was able to see it distasteful so he ended up deleting it. I see nothing wrong with expressing your opinion on a certain topic but make sure its in good taste. Blood Donor stated others are perceiving Minhas in a negative matter due to that tweet and it could have implications on his reputation. I find it humorous that people are able to judge the character of a person based on 1 tweet. JBB ( Jaquin) tweeted his opinion on the top 25 rankings and I am perfectly fine with what he said because its his opinion. Could it have been stated in a better manner? Sure but since when has Twitter been about being politically correct.

I have no problem with Bains being regarded by The Province as the number 1 player but clearly there were flaws in the voting process and with the limited number of voter cards going out. In my opinion and from the limited number of games I have seen last and this year that Jadon Cohee should have been number 1. If you read the post previous to this it is clear that either its one person on multiple accounts or a group of Tamanawis fans who are clearly bias.

edit1: fixed spelling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theTICKET

PostSubject: Re: MINDY MINHAS class D act & Super 25 rankings released by Howard Tsumura   Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:45 am

Can we please get rid of this thread. It is just a distraction for an amazing year of basketball in BC that showed us talents such as Mindy Minhas, Jadon Cohee, and Sukhjot Bains. We should be saying all the best to all of the graduating players and hoping they can be successful in their basketball careers. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

MINDY MINHAS class D act & Super 25 rankings released by Howard Tsumura
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2