HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Grade 9 Provincials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeyb

PostSubject: Grade 9 Provincials   Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm hearing rumours that something happened in the grade 9 provincials. Ebe in another post, said he was dealing with the mess there.

What's going on ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchoops

PostSubject: Re: Grade 9 Provincials   Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:29 pm

From what I have heard, the BC High School sports shut down the tournament based on games taking place after March 6. March 6th being the last play date allowed for basketball other than senior boys/girls. Not too sure but that is what I have heard. I feel bad for those out of town teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
airmax1

PostSubject: Re: Grade 9 Provincials   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Yes it's pretty disgusting that BC School Sports would not allow this tournament to finish just this year due to the Olympics altering many leagues and spring breaks. Even more disappointing that they wouldn't have said anything before many parents, coaches and kids travelled and/or gave up spring break to partake...they knew this was going to happen in advance. A pretty vindictive action by BCSS.

Looked like a pretty interesting tournament with St G, VC, Kits and Palmer in an all lowermainland final four for provincials.

Anyone know if they finished the tournament as club teams? I know that idea was floating around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: Grade 9 Provincials   Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Teams that had seniors competing in the dome all pulled out rather than risk further action by BC school sports. Seems like a pointless action from bc sports, why waith until the last minute when it was too late to apply for an extension on the season as the senior boys had done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grade 9 Provincials   Today at 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Grade 9 Provincials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1