HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Basketballcalgary

PostSubject: 2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.   Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:15 pm

What are everyones thoughts on next season breaking down each zone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coogarsrule

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.   Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:03 pm

2014-15 South Zone Prediction

1. Medicine Hat - some good kids and a big that will be hard to contend with maturity.
1A. Cardston - yet again JV champs and they play it hard. Almost earned a medal again this year when everyone counted them out.
2. Chinook - finalist in JV and some returning players who were big contributors
3. Myers - some key returnees and they were successful this year in the league.
4. Winston- See Myers above only with a little less success this year.
5. CCH - Lots to work on but some of the pieces are there. Confidence and teamwork will go miles.
6. LCI - Maybe this is just a hope of mine as an alum.
7. Raymond - Just can't give a higher nod to a team that loses all five starters. They could surprise but wont contend.
8. Magrath - may finish higher but are up against it here.
9. Kate Andrews - Loses some key players and had a tough go of it this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basketballcalgary

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.   Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Heres what Calgary may look like.

1) Centennial - Lose a number of key players but gain some from the junior team, wont be as strong as this season though, deserve the #1 still.
2) Aberhart - Return all key players and gain some from the junior team
3) Francis - Lose key players but gain some great players from the junior team
4) HWW - I dont think they lose much and are coming off a successful season
5) Bishop Grandin - Lose a few players but gain some great players off the junior team
6) Scarlett - Lose key players, don't get a lot off the junior team but do have an outstanding grade 11
7) Western - Building on a very young team, will still be young but will compete I think
Cool Ernest Manning - Lose almost everybody..... not too sure what they will have left
9) Churchill - Lose all key players and the junior team was very weak
10) St. Marys - not too sure whats going on here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDeeds

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:16 pm

From an Edmonton & area perspective;
Spruce Grove loses 3 starters (Syd - Pandas, Jesse - GP & Jen - Quest/BC) so there are plenty of points and rebounds to make up for - however there are a number of solid replacements waiting for starter minutes and one of the top grade 9's in the province looking to time.
SACHS - we lose 1 starter (Kayla - GMAC) and our little PG Izzy who often started due to injuries. Kayla will be be tough to replace as a primary ball handler and defender. We return the bulk of our size and scoring and should also pick up a couple players from our jr team (won tier 1 last 2 years) and we have some very good grade 9's coming in.
Paul Kane - lose 3 starters but return starting PG and Sydney Hurlburt at the wing. They won't have a ton of size but will be able to transition well in the FC. Ashley Thomas won Shooting Stars 4A ROY, so they will be solid.
Oleary - loses Megan Twoniuk (Pandas) and Gabby - 2 bigs who did the bulk of scoring for them. They return their PG which is nice, but not sure where scoring is going to come from. Jr Team was average.
Ainley - lose Emily (NAIT), Chantelle (NAIT - who was out all year with ACL), their big who could shoot plus a couple others. They do return Mack, Gracie, Deneale and a few other players who have played provincial ball and attended CP. I've heard there may be coaching changes as well.
St. FX - lose starting PG and Big - return Sophia and supporting cast of athletes.
Bev Facey - will struggle early as they graduate Megan, Jess and PG which would account for 80% of their scoring & rebounding, however good coaching will have them ready to compete when it matters.
ABJ - graduate starter Drew Knox (Mt Royal) @ PG. Not sure about the rest
Scona - graduates Tess Heinrichs (Pandas) @ PG - they will have some size returning plus Tess' younger sister. They always surprise since VB goes so far and many athletes are 2-sport.
Jasper Place - lose a couple starters - bench will help but have some good grade 9's coming. They are hosting provincials next year so will be motivated to compete/represent.
Archbishop Macdonald has a ways to go before they are competitive at the 4A level - but playing in tier 1 gives them an idea on where they're headed.
Edmonton Christian 3A champions will be competitive again and also will play tough in the tier 1 Edmonton Metro League.
If I had to guess - Spruce, SACHS, PK and Harry Ainley would be top 4 in no particular order
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.   Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 pm

JDEEDS, you are too modest , from what I saw at Provincials SACHS will be #1 in Edmonton with Spruce close behind you and the rest will be far behind. Just as they were this year. I think you give too much credit to Calgary teams but we will see next season, it will be pretty interesting come December.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basketballcalgary

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.   Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:53 am

I would have to agree, I think the zone breakdown will be Edmonton, South, and then Calgary. I have Centennial and Abe being #1 and #2 in Calgary but I don't see them being in the same conversation as the top Edmonton and South teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.   Today at 7:13 pm

Back to top Go down

2014/15 Preseason Girls Rankings by zone.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1