HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coach Yash



Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Mon May 26, 2014 1:40 pm

I will be assisting NorthPoleHoops with their invite list for the NPH Showcase that's scheduled to happen in the fall.  I thought this would be a good opportunity to solicit input from the community as I know there are people on here that have seen the talent from across the province.

Looking for the top 25-30 players per age group and this thread is only for players graduating in 2015 and 2016. The lists below are not in any particular order and are based off players I've seen & comments in various threads on HoopLife.

Grade 11 (2015)
Anthony Hokanson, Kitsilano
Jermaine Haley*, Burnaby South
Taylor Browne, Holy Cross
Jauquin Bennett-Boire*, Holy Cross
Cordell Parker, Gleneagle (Heritage Woods?)
Nic Trinic, Burnaby South
Ethan Scott*, St. George's
Joshua Charles, Cowichan
Wowie Untalan, Delview
Gary Minhas, Churchill
Tyus Barfoot, Nanaimo District
Bryce Derton, Walnut Grove
Quincy Johnson, Mt. Boucherie
Graham Miller, Charles Best
Graham Smith, Pitt Meadows
Mike West, Terry Fox
Jomari Reyes, Terry Fox
Tyus Batiste, Burnaby South
Graddy Zubadi, Sutherland
Chris McAlpine, Vancouver College
Charles Song, Kitsilano
Micky Bhangu, North Surrey
Ravi Basra, Winderemere
Graeme Hyde-Lay, SMUS
Jason Scully, SMUS
Joseph Anthony, Vancouver College
Derek Safnuk, St. George's

*Player may not be in BC in the fall

Grade 10 (2016)
Izaiah Ugoalah, Churchill
Howard Wang, Churchill
Matt Lafontaine, Kelowna
Karn Virk, Churchill
Parker Simson, Kelowna
Harry Liu, Churchill
Hunter Hughes, Southridge
Kenya Gerald, Kitsilano
Justin McChesney, Charles Hays
Nav Sandhu, Kelowna
Marko Stojanovic, RC Palmer
Wei Chung, Walnut Grove
Riley Braich, Yale
Gabriel Laza, Terry Fox
Chase Claypool, Abbotsford Secondary
Noah Charles, Cowichan
Terrell Jana, St. Thomas More
Alex Asperin, Holy Cross
Aminder Basra, Tamanawis
Sagar Dulay, Tamanawis
Humza Khan, Cowichan
Alec Bayne, Kitsilano
Ben Reddy, Lambrick Park
Madhu McConnell, Oak Bay
Myka Tang-Blumenschein, Oak Bay
Edward Lu, St. Thomas More

If you would like to add a name to the list, please include the player's secondary school, current or most recent club and any notable achievements (Provincial All-Star, MVP, etc).

Hopefully we can use this opportunity to increase the exposure of BC's talent.

Comments about Jr. players should be made in this thread: http://hooplife.canadian-forum.com/t2493-northpolehoops-showcase-jr-players#25201
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
Islandview2



Posts : 110
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Mon May 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Coach Yash wrote:
I will be assisting NorthPoleHoops with their invite list for the NPH Showcase that's scheduled to happen in the fall.  I thought this would be a good opportunity to solicit input from the community as I know there are people on here that have seen the talent from across the province.

Looking for the top 25-30 players per age group and this thread is only for players graduating in 2015 and 2016. The lists below are not in any particular order and are based off players I've seen & comments in various threads on HoopLife.

Grade 11 (2015)
Anthony Hokanson, Kitsilano
Jermaine Haley*, Burnaby South
Taylor Browne, Holy Cross
Jauquin Bennett-Boire*, Holy Cross
Cordell Parker, Gleneagle (Heritage Woods?)
Nic Trinic, Burnaby South
Ethan Scott*, St. George's
Joshua Charles, Cowichan
Wowie Untalan, Delview
Gary Minhas, Churchill
Tyus Barfoot, Nanaimo District
Bryce Derton, Walnut Grove
Quincy Johnson, Mt. Boucherie
Graham Miller, Charles Best
Graham Smith, Pitt Meadows
Mike West, Terry Fox
Jomari Reyes, Terry Fox
Tyus Batiste, Burnaby South
Graddy Zubadi, Sutherland
Chris McAlpine, Vancouver College
Charles Song, Kitsilano
Micky Bhangu, North Surrey
Ravi Basra, Winderemere
Graeme Hyde-Lay, SMUS
Jason Scully, SMUS
Joseph Anthony, Vancouver College
Derek Safnuk, St. George's

*Player may not be in BC in the fall

Grade 10 (2016)
Izaiah Ugoalah, Churchill
Howard Wang, Churchill
Matt Lafontaine, Kelowna
Karn Virk, Churchill
Parker Simson, Kelowna
Harry Liu, Churchill
Hunter Hughes, Southridge
Kenya Gerald, Kitsilano
Justin McChesney, Charles Hays
Nav Sandhu, Kelowna
Marko Stojanovic, RC Palmer
Wei Chung, Walnut Grove
Riley Braich, Yale
Gabriel Laza, Terry Fox
Chase Claypool, Abbotsford Secondary
Noah Charles, Cowichan
Terrell Jana, St. Thomas More
Alex Asperin, Holy Cross
Aminder Basra, Tamanawis
Sagar Dulay, Tamanawis
Humza Khan, Cowichan
Alec Bayne, Kitsilano
Ben Reddy, Lambrick Park
Madhu McConnell, Oak Bay
Myka Tang-Blumenschein, Oak Bay
Edward Lu, St. Thomas More

If you would like to add a name to the list, please include the player's secondary school, current or most recent club and any notable achievements (Provincial All-Star, MVP, etc).

Hopefully we can use this opportunity to increase the exposure of BC's talent.

Comments about Jr. players should be made in this thread: http://hooplife.canadian-forum.com/t2493-northpolehoops-showcase-jr-players#25201

Players who deserve addition/consideration

Matt Gray, Oak Bay, (2015) provincial team member, multiple tournament all-star
Atlas Butler-St. Paul, Oak Bay, (2015) former provincial team member, multiple all-star
Jake Wilmott, SMUS, (2015) terrific shooter/defender
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sirslamalot



Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-05-26

PostSubject: More players   Mon May 26, 2014 3:14 pm

I would add
Matt Kirk Murchinson Yale-guard former BC provincial team player, Fraser Valley All-Star,
Mike Vanderwerff- Yale forward played jr and sr last year, had a 37 point, 17 rebound game in jr then went a sr game the same day and had a 12 point game.
Joel Klammer- Mouat fabulous combo guard
Keenan Dowel BC provincial team player

Just some players that I have seen and followed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott



Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: NPH List   Mon May 26, 2014 3:38 pm


Thanks Coach Yash for including Ethan on the list. He will be attending the Athlete Institute basketball academy in Ontario this fall and will be a 2016 grad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth



Posts : 751
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Surrey, BC

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Mon May 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Here is a list of some more players not already posted on this thread, *() indicates achievements in the 2013-2014 high school season.

Grade 11 (2015)
Tyler Anderson, Walnut Grove
Justin Mason, Lord Tweedsmuir
Armaan Khangura, Fleetwood Park
Jesse Barnes, Queen Charlotte
Brett Norris, Lord Tweedsmuir
Evan Cave, North Kam
Arnold Macalipay - McRoberts
Keith Chow - St.George's

Grade 10 (2016)
Chuks Udevi, Panorama Ridge (FV MVP) (Prov. 1st Team All-Star)
Umed Chatrath, Lord Tweedsmuir (FV All-Star)
Joel Klammer, Mouat (FV All-Star)
Etahn Kano Macgregor, Walnut Grove (FV All-Star)
Devon Dhillon, Panorama Ridge (FV All-Star) (Prov. 2nd Team All-Star)
Ryan Fonseca, West Van (Prov. MVP)
Trevor Fonseca, West Van (Prov. Game MVP)
Nick Broady, West Van (Prov. 1st Team All-Star)
Daniel Stead, Walnut Grove (Prov. 1st Team All-Star)
Isaac Evens, Terry Fox (Prov. 2nd Team All-Star)
Bhavan Dhillon, Fleetwood Park (Prov. 2nd Team All-Star)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
surreyball1



Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-05-26

PostSubject: Top surrey players   Mon May 26, 2014 11:47 pm

2015 (Not in any order)
Brett Norris, Lord Tweedsmuir
Armann Khangura, Fleetwood Park
Ryan Gill, North Surrey
Taylor Browne, Holy Cross
Jaquin Bennet-Boire, Holy Cross
Patrick Dujmovic, Semiahmoo
Lywellan Rochfort, Surrey Christian
Justin Mason, Lord Tweedsmuir

2016 (Not in any order)
Chuks Udevi, Panorama Ridge
Tomas Fovenyi, Fleetwood Park
Sagar Dulay, Tamanawis
Aminder Basra, Tamanawis
Brendan O'Brien, Sullivan Heights
Aaqib Dhillon, North Surrey
Shawn Raju, Kwantlen Park
Gurbant Dhaliwal, LA Matheson
Roop Sunner, Queen Elizabeth
James Karnik, Earl Marriott
Andrew Murison, Enver Creek
Daniel Adedrian, Pacific Academy
Hunter Hughes, Southridge
Dominic Clayton, Southridge
Alex Asperin, Holy Cross

Have seen all of the teams in surrey play besides clayton, elgin, wrca and guildford park. There were a lot of good teams such as panorama fleetwood tweedsmuir in jrs that had a lot of success but they in my opinion have solid 6-7 guys but not necessarily the best players while other schools had one or two really good players but not a very good team. In senior its pretty obvious who the best players are compared to jr where they are all pretty close in skill level. Hope that helps in picking a few out of surrey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe



Posts : 496
Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Tue May 27, 2014 1:19 am

Graddy Zubaidi is a 2014 graduate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perfectgame



Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-01-10

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Tue May 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Grade 12:

Jordan Lum-Tong (Vancouver College)
Jack Coady (Vancouver College)
EJ Mabone (Burnaby South)
Steven Guan (Killarney)
Jake Stamatakis (sp?) (Killarney)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hooplife



Posts : 24
Join date : 2014-01-12

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Tue May 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Can anybody take the time to make a list of players in order, that in my opinion would helpful and exciting to see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash



Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Tue May 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Hooplife wrote:
Can anybody take the time to make a list of players in order, that in my opinion would helpful and exciting to see

May be a bit tricky since I'm not sure how many people have actually seen all (most) of the players play. But I'll find out if NPH wants a ranked list and if so, I'll work with JS to rank them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
Hooplife



Posts : 24
Join date : 2014-01-12

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Tue May 27, 2014 11:30 pm

So would these players be getting contacted or some sort of invitation ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanJV



Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Wed May 28, 2014 12:10 am

Ryan Fonseca, West Van
Chuks Udevi, Panorama Ridge
Jass Singh, W. J Mouat
Devon Dhillon, Panorama Ridge
Arjen Mann, W.J Mouat
Dominic Clayton, Southridge
Vincent Cao, Kitsilano
Daniel Stead, Walnut Grove
Arian Tabrizi, Kitsilano
Rysen John, Vancouver College
Bhavan Dhillon, Fleetwood Park
Gary Sahota, Tamanawis
Corky Smith, Byrne Creek
Adrian Ong, R.C Palmer
Jae Rudrum-Steinhauer, Kelowna
Ido Gortler, R.A McMath
Ibrahim Kawasme, Terry Fox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash



Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Wed May 28, 2014 10:14 am

Hooplife wrote:
So would these players be getting contacted or some sort of invitation ?

My understanding is NPH will invite the players directly, but I'm not 100% sure and I'm not too sure how it worked last year. I know they have a "register now" option on their site but I can't say if that's only for invited players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
Coach Yash



Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Wed May 28, 2014 11:06 am

From NPH: lists don't need to be ranked and players will be e-mailed with an invite.

If anyone wants to take a shot at ranking the top 30, go for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
GW



Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:31 pm

From the island:
(2015)
Jason Scully 6'5"guard(smus)local
Graham hyde-lay 6'0"guard(smus)local
Matt Gray 5'11"guard(oak bay)BBC
Josh Charles 6'6"guard(cowichan)BBC
Tyus Barfoot 6'2"forward(NDSS)BBC
(2016)
Noah Charles 6'4"post(cowichan)BBC
Quinn Mirau 5'10"Point G(dover bay)BBC
Myka Tang 5'10"combo G(oak bay)BBC
Ben Reddy 6'3"combo G(Lambrick)local
Madu McConnell 5'10"combo G(oak bay)local
Humza Khan 5'10"Point G(cowichan)local
Max Reed 6'1"stretch 4(dover bay)local



Back to top Go down
View user profile
JGM



Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Top 30 players   Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Just for fun here is my top 30 list in order.

Jermaine Haley
Josh Charles
Jauquin Bennett Boire
Graham Smith
Taylor Browne
Nic Trinic
Gary Minhas
Graham Miller
Jesse Barnes
Quincy Johnson
Tyus Batiste
Anthony Hokanson
Jeff Tubbs
Chris McAlpine
Tyus Barfoot
Cordell Parker
Bryce Derton
Wowie Untalan
Jomari Reyes
Ravi Basra
Graham Hyde-Lay
Matt Gray
Liam Hancock
Derek Safnuk
Mike West
Tyler Anderson
Charles Song
Atlas Butler
Andrew McKay
Brett Norris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2



Posts : 110
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Good list.

I would add in Jason Scully from SMUS as well. Should be very strong in his senior year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis



Posts : 76
Join date : 2013-09-29

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:11 pm

what ever happened to this showcase? Have dates been set?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash



Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 am

PressThis wrote:
what ever happened to this showcase?  Have dates been set?

Last I heard they are planning it for the weekend of the Toronto Raptors exhibition, Oct 5th. Aside from that, no new info but the NPH guys have been busy with travel the past month or so.

I think in previous years they were doing showcases across Canada 1-2 weeks apart but this year they've spread it out over the summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
Coach Yash



Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:46 am

I received confirmation today that the NPH Showcase will not be taking place until next spring/summer. Thanks to everyone that provided their input, hopefully we can get some more exposure next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
PressThis



Posts : 76
Join date : 2013-09-29

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Coach Yash wrote:
I received confirmation today that the NPH Showcase will not be taking place until next spring/summer. Thanks to everyone that provided their input, hopefully we can get some more exposure next year.

Do U know why?  They have done them in just about every other region of country.  

How does NPH even pretend that they have given appropriate consideration of west coast players for Canada wide player rankings. Not very good NPH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash



Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 am

PressThis wrote:


Do U know why?  They have done them in just about every other region of country.  

How does NPH even pretend that they have given appropriate consideration of west coast players for Canada wide player rankings. Not very good NPH!

No reason was given. I hadn't heard from them since July so I assumed it wasn't going to happen in the fall. Hopefully they'll come out in the spring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
BB fanatic



Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: NPH   Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:20 pm

I am probably going to get dump on, but NPH is a joke! They are bias and in the pass if you were not affiliated with the Drive program you were not even looked at as an up and coming player.
The all-star game they put on is usually even a bigger joke. I remember watching one year in utter disgust, watching Adam Kamali (Hansworth) sitting the whole all star game, while Karn Virk and Gary Minhas played the entire game. Adam did not even get on the floor in the second half. These kids were good but Adam was also and two years older. But Adam did not play Drive basketball. Some Drive players would show up on the last day of camp and get an all-star just because they were from Drive! Not to mentioned that all the other kids were sore and tired from a demanding physical camp that they attended from the start. Again it’s who you know and whose back you rub. Their rankings in the pass were design to make their Club affiliation (out west) look superior to all others. In return they got all Drive players attending and access to Drives Facilities! It was still a good camp for kids to attend because of well organized/and proper skills taught during camp. But if NPH wants respect from all basketball communities they need to get real!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sirslamalot



Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-05-26

PostSubject: I totally agree   Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:30 pm

BB fanatic wrote:
I am probably going to get dump on, but NPH is a joke! They are bias and in the pass if you were not affiliated with the Drive program you were not even looked at as an up and coming player.
The all-star game they put on is usually even a bigger joke. I remember watching one year in utter disgust, watching Adam Kamali (Hansworth) sitting the whole all star game, while Karn Virk and Gary Minhas played the entire game. Adam did not even get on the floor in the second half. These kids were good but Adam was also and two years older. But Adam did not play Drive basketball. Some Drive players would show up on the last day of camp and get an all-star just because they were from Drive! Not to mentioned that all the other kids were sore and tired from a demanding physical camp that they attended from the start. Again it’s who you know and whose back you rub. Their rankings in the pass were design to make their Club affiliation (out west) look superior to all
others. In return they got all Drive players attending and access to Drives Facilities! It was still a good camp for kids to attend because of well organized/and proper skills taught during camp. But if NPH wants respect from all basketball communities they need to get real!  

I agree. I was at that camp and it was a Drive admiration society. Not only did Adam not play, but Corey Hauck who signed with U of Calgary, sat also. They are biased and it was so obvious who the favorites were, it was sickening. They are out for themselves and preach advancing basketball in Canada, but they are blowing smoke. Any non drive player that goes and pays them, is wasting their time and money. I saw some strong players that did not get a look, a review, or any coaching because they were non Drive players.
I went to the Western Washington camp and it was first class, no bias no favorites, just talent.
Would be nice for someone to create a West Coast version and run it with no affiliations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukester0506



Posts : 181
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 21
Location : Vancouver

PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:06 am

[quote="Sirslamalot"]
BB fanatic wrote:

I went to the Western Washington camp and it was first class, no bias no favorites, just talent.
Would be nice for someone to create a West Coast version and run it with no affiliations.

An Allstar game with players from BC who plays the senior level who are players in grades 11-12 with an addition of a limited amount of 10s? Or a training camp of players from BC and ranking them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lukester0506.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players   Today at 11:01 am

Back to top Go down
 
NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Jr Players
» NorthPoleHoops Showcase - Sr. Players
» 8 of Ottawa’s best players are Top 100 in Canada
» We need more Hordes / Warmachine players! Look how pretty t
» Underrated Players

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: British Columbia :: BC Seniors-
Jump to: