HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BC Summer Club Team League / Tourneys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: BC Summer Club Team League / Tourneys   Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Some interesting tweets out there in response to a Club Team tweet (you all know the one) challenge to all BBC Teams. This challenge is of course a bit late as I understand BBC team players have returned to their home towns (not sure why not made earlier and done directly rather than through twitter land but perhaps it was??).  

Anyways, it does raise topic of why do BC Club teams (including BBC) not organize a spring / summer league or at least a few tourneys.  There is lots of good BC competition (and could be tiered etc.) and of course this would reduce travel time / costs etc.  Seems like a no brainer and not too difficult.  Why hasn't it happened?  Why can't it happen?  My guess is part of problem is lack of leadership and club egos being put above needs of all BC players.  

Other views?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: BC Summer Club Team League / Tourneys   Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:25 pm

As far as I know there are two tournaments put on by clubs for the spring/summer circuit: Drive Classic & 3D's Western Canada Invitational. While I haven't attended the WCI, it seemed like most of the clubs we have attend the DC, however there are a few that don't.

Looking at most clubs' schedule on the circuit, they play out province from mid-June until the end of July.

Perhaps someone else with more knowledge of how BBC is run can comment on what their schedule is like as I understand their teams start once school's over.

With that being said, I am looking into running an independent tournament through BC Hoop Scoop for the fall/winter circuit and will hopefully be able to run one next summer. The goal would be to have ALL of BC's clubs playing in the same tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
BC Summer Club Team League / Tourneys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1