HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Edmonton Girls domination at provincials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coachfan23

PostSubject: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:57 pm

The Edmonton Zone with 4 teams come away with an impressive record at provincials. Ainlay wins first with 4 wins and 0 losses, Spruce Grove 3 wins 1 loss for second. O'leary 3 wins 1 loss, and Jasper Place wins the consolation with 3 wins and 1 loss. Overall Edmonton 13 wins and 3 losses. I imagine that with another wildcard that 5th place team would have held their own. I also feel that in any other year Spruce Grove would have won a provincial title but Ainlay was just that dominant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Well coachfan23, Edmonton was very strong this yr and congrats to all of them. Ainlay with the Plouffes were too tough.
BUT!!! I am not sure if you saw the Ainlay vs. Cardston game? I did, and I think that they were the only team that really gave them a run for their money, they were only down by 7 at half and only allowed them 30 points at the half.
At the 5 minute mark of the 4th CHS coach pulled all his starters and put in the bench for the rest of the game and Ainlay still had both twins in for about 2 more minutes. I would have liked to see Cardston on the other side, I think they would have been in the final!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
runninred

PostSubject: Re: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Southfan wrote:
Well coachfan23, Edmonton was very strong this yr and congrats to all of them. Ainlay with the Plouffes were too tough.
BUT!!! I am not sure if you saw the Ainlay vs. Cardston game? I did, and I think that they were the only team that really gave them a run for their money, they were only down by 7 at half and only allowed them 30 points at the half.
At the 5 minute mark of the 4th CHS coach pulled all his starters and put in the bench for the rest of the game and Ainlay still had both twins in for about 2 more minutes. I would have liked to see Cardston on the other side, I think they would have been in the final!

i didn't see the game but in the city championship in edmonton spruce goove had it close in the 2nd half as well

spruce grove has one of the best girl's coaches in the province and i feel bad for the guy cause if the plouffe's had of stayed in ontario than he would have won the provincial championship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Southfan wrote:

Yup................. that is it Cardston pulled their starters. That's it!!! Why don't you repeat that BS and replay Ainlay..... you can then explain the 45 point beat down as ...."we subbed our bench" JP beat Cardston handily, Scona who did not even make it to provincials beat Cardston handily and SG would have KILLED Cardston BUT your ridiculous story all evidence to the contrary is that the Cardston coaches emptied their bench before Ainlay could have MURDERED them.

Seriously what planet do you live on where you ignore really basic facts. SG BEAT Raymond and Raymind beat Cardston .........so when Ainlay beat SG by 31..............you say if only Cardston had made it to the finals................they would have played Ainlay close.Or maybe they would off of all evidence accumulated to date.....gotten KILLED!!!!!

Great idea.....repeat your trash talk and challenge Ainlay.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:53 am

Quote :
spruce grove has one of the best girl's coaches in the province and i feel bad for the guy cause if the plouffe's had of stayed in ontario than he would have won the provincial championship

I agree with you completely. SG's coach is one of the top coach's in the province. I think he is on par with some of the other really top female coaches in the City of Edmonton. He shares the same type of tactical sense as Ron Hopkins and Gerald Chung. He is also pretty good at in game adjustments like Cathy Butlin at JP and Kristy Marsh at Ainlay.

He would be a great ACAC coach for someone in the market for a top coach!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 am

the cat,
wow, why so defensive? Never said anything about Cardston beating HA in the final! Just said they played them tougher than any team in the tourney! HA did not beat Cardston by 45 only 26. And no, didnt mean to imply they lost because of that! Only that they knew they were beat and played everyone. Heck, not defending Cardston at all, just admired their team and effort against possibly the best girls team in Alberta ever!
Would have liked to see them on the other side! Hey, I am a Comet fan, but Cardston ( I dont think brought their A game to the last game, and our Comets did come ready to play) was a very good team!
Cardston, ( I think) had the best chance at beating SG, not saying they would or anything like it, just would have liked to have seen it thats all.
If you want to compare who beat who, we could be here all week, JP lost to St. Marys in the 1st round, Cardston beat ST. Marys by 35 last time they played. Ya, so what, big deal, SG beaten by Scona, bla, bla bla!
Just shows that after Ainlay 2nd place could have been 8 different teams!

When it counted, HA,SPRUCE GROVE, CARDSTON, AND RAYMOND, showed they had what it took to win when it REALLY counted.
While we are putting out thoughts, Calgary teams really need to step out of their bubble instead of just playing in Calgary and saying well look at our record, we hardly lost a game. Ya but who did you beat?

There will be some very good Calgary teams next year, step out there and show your stuff Calgary and prove your rankings instead of argueing for them. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And by the way Scona did not beat Cardston handily unless you think 2 in ot is handily, so dont ask me what planet I am on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the cat

PostSubject: Re: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 am

Southfan wrote:
the cat,
wow, why so defensive? Never said anything about Cardston beating HA in the final! Just said they played them tougher than any team in the tourney! HA did not beat Cardston by 45 only 26. And no, didnt mean to imply they lost because of that! Only that they knew they were beat and played everyone. Heck, not defending Cardston at all, just admired their team and effort against possibly the best girls team in Alberta ever!
Would have liked to see them on the other side! Hey, I am a Comet fan, but Cardston ( I dont think brought their A game to the last game, and our Comets did come ready to play) was a very good team!
Cardston, ( I think) had the best chance at beating SG, not saying they would or anything like it, just would have liked to have seen it thats all.
If you want to compare who beat who, we could be here all week, JP lost to St. Marys in the 1st round, Cardston beat ST. Marys by 35 last time they played. Ya, so what, big deal, SG beaten by Scona, bla, bla bla!
Just shows that after Ainlay 2nd place could have been 8 different teams!

When it counted, HA,SPRUCE GROVE, CARDSTON, AND RAYMOND, showed they had what it took to win when it REALLY counted.
While we are putting out thoughts, Calgary teams really need to step out of their bubble instead of just playing in Calgary and saying well look at our record, we hardly lost a game. Ya but who did you beat?

There will be some very good Calgary teams next year, step out there and show your stuff Calgary and prove your rankings instead of argueing for them. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Not defensive at all.

Cardston is a very good team. As is Raymond. But the best two teams in this province were clearly SG and Ainlay. Sorry to say but SG was the best of a number of equals....they were clearly the 2nd best team in the province. The side of the draw was irrelevant to the best 2 teams meeting in the finals. If SG had been 3rd seed they would have beaten whoever they faced and still would have been handily beaten by Ainlay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Don't forget St. Albert high winning the 3A provincials as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edmonton Girls domination at provincials   Today at 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Edmonton Girls domination at provincials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1