HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Single A Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdman33



Posts : 105
Join date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:51 am

coachnb6 wrote:


I see scores from Stanley winning games easily! I wouldn't count them out yet!

They have been putting up 100 point games all over the place. Are they for real?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 am

Birdman33 wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:


I see scores from Stanley winning games easily! I wouldn't count them out yet!

They have been putting up 100 point games all over the place. Are they for real?

Even trolls should have a little self control......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33



Posts : 105
Join date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:52 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:


I see scores from Stanley winning games easily! I wouldn't count them out yet!

They have been putting up 100 point games all over the place. Are they for real?

Even trolls should have a little self control......

Checked the definition of 'troll' on urban dictionary and it doesn't really fit.

Also checked scores on nbiaa website:

Blackville School 56 - 100 Stanley High School
Stanley High School 102 - 29 North & South Esk Regional High School
North & South Esk Regional High School 48 - 98 Stanley High School

I guess that's only 2 so I shouldn't have said "all over the place", but 98 is pretty close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach34



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:11 pm

"There must have been some pile of whining going on!
Where are the Grand Falls people on here? Shouldn't they be complaining about the refereeing during the great Harvey comeback?[/quote]

I bet there was for sure.Really does not matter, just proves JCS can play with harvey. I think its a 3 team race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Coach34 wrote:
"There must have been some pile of whining going on!
Where are the Grand Falls people on here? Shouldn't they be complaining about the refereeing during the great Harvey comeback?

I bet there was for sure.Really does not matter, just proves JCS can play with harvey. I think its a 3 team race.[/quote]

I can only imagine how bad JCS feels by letting a 27 point lead slip through their fingers...OUCH!!!!


Last edited by BeeBall4Lifee on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie



Posts : 93
Join date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:18 pm

It wasnt even close against MVHS. Totally outclassed and outscored
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:38 pm

poolie wrote:
It wasnt even close against MVHS. Totally outclassed and outscored

Nothing wrong with loss against a higher caliber team, MVHS is a good team and yes poolie AAA vs A they were outclassed but considering they just finished a tough win against Sugarloaf with only 8 players these kids worked hard and never quit even though they were dead tired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coaster



Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Just a little perspective on the Stanley blow out wins. Stanley lost to Nackawic by 20 points in an exhibition game. Nackawic has been rocked by 40/50+ by everyone else in the west. Stanley may not enjoy the sectional draw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballfan14



Posts : 23
Join date : 2014-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Jc is a young and inexperienced team, no doubt that it was heartbreaking loosing that lead. But they are skilled and have coaching. With a young and inexperienced team, they can only get better and I'm sure they earned Harvey's respect after they lost by over 30 to them last time they met. Harvey is still my favourite to win, but anything can happen! Very excited for the regional/sectional tournaments coming up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88



Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:26 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Coach34 wrote:
"There must have been some pile of whining going on!
Where are the Grand Falls people on here? Shouldn't they be complaining about the refereeing during the great Harvey comeback?

I bet there was for sure.Really does not matter, just proves JCS can play with harvey. I think its a 3 team race.

I can't wait to see the upload of the game from Miamichi.......and I can only imagine how bad JCS feels by letting a 27 point lead slip through their fingers...OUCH!!!![/quote]

Whoa.....wait a minute....aren't you the guy who blasted RNS for trash talking? And now you are calling people 'trolls' and taunting JC for blowing a 27 point lead? Hmmm....I guess it is ok for Harvey to trash talk people...but, if someone trash talks Harvey....there is hell to pay.
Do they teach a course at Hooligan High on how to disrespect your opponent...or is it just a Harvey thing? I won't even bring up the Facebook page of hate that your community participated in a few years ago.....and stop whining about the refs....please. Harvey is one of the most corrupt places you can play...and soon as you walk on the court, it's 5 vs. 7.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:48 am

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Coach34 wrote:
"There must have been some pile of whining going on!
Where are the Grand Falls people on here? Shouldn't they be complaining about the refereeing during the great Harvey comeback?

I bet there was for sure.Really does not matter, just proves JCS can play with harvey. I think its a 3 team race.

I can't wait to see the upload of the game from Miamichi.......and I can only imagine how bad JCS feels by letting a 27 point lead slip through their fingers...OUCH!!!!

Whoa.....wait a minute....aren't you the guy who blasted RNS for trash talking? And now you are calling people 'trolls' and taunting JC for blowing a 27 point lead? Hmmm....I guess it is ok for Harvey to trash talk people...but, if someone trash talks Harvey....there is hell to pay.
Do they teach a course at Hooligan High on how to disrespect your opponent...or is it just a Harvey thing? I won't even bring up the Facebook page of hate that your community participated in a few years ago.....and stop whining about the refs....please. Harvey is one of the most corrupt places you can play...and soon as you walk on the court, it's 5 vs. 7.....[/quote]

LOL I wondered how long you could stay away from here.....lol.....what the heck are you talking about "facebook page of hate"???? .......are you off your meds again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33



Posts : 105
Join date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 pm

coaster wrote:
Just a little perspective on the Stanley blow out wins. Stanley lost to Nackawic by 20 points in an exhibition game. Nackawic has been rocked by 40/50+ by everyone else in the west. Stanley may not enjoy the sectional draw.

Thanks. I hope you don't get called names for telling us that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:02 pm

It is so sad when it comes down to trash talking how about the kids play their game and we watch and cheer for the winners its highschool not college or nba
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HuskiesForever



Posts : 23
Join date : 2014-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Can't wait for next weekend for regionals.....wonder if we will be playing in Harvey or Rothesay......either way I think we will be hosting sectionals the weekend after.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:18 pm

Hartland over Canterbury 48-76 no real challenge there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miramichi



Posts : 33
Join date : 2014-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:25 am

I agree with Zelo7 that the boys (and girls) are just that, boys and girls who are playing a sport that they love and bashing them is not doing them (or us) any favors. Criticizing bad coaching is open season in my books.
Zach Foster is an excellent player, as is Sam Hambrook, and the young gentelman from Harvey who's name excapes me. They put up 20-40+ points during some games but also make their teams better by drawing attention to themselves on the floor and leaving others open for an uncontested shot. I only wish that they are all recognized on All-star Sunday for their accomplishments. I hope the coaches remember these names when considering players for the All star game ballot.
As far as me posting more videos, they will come after Harbour Station (don't want anybody studying JCS's new offense, LOL). I do not have the JCS vs Harvey game of late as I was unable to attend. I am wondering if there are other game enthusiats who have Youtube video's posted from this or other years. It is great to attend the games and to watch the videos of those that are missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:58 am

miramichi wrote:
I agree with Zelo7 that the boys (and girls) are just that, boys and girls who are playing a sport that they love and bashing them is not doing them (or us) any favors. Criticizing bad coaching is open season in my books.
Zach Foster is an excellent player, as is Sam Hambrook, and the young gentelman from Harvey who's name excapes me. They put up 20-40+ points during some games but also make their teams better by drawing attention to themselves on the floor and leaving others open for an uncontested shot. I only wish that they are all recognized on All-star Sunday for their accomplishments. I hope the coaches remember these names when considering players for the All star game ballot.
As far as me posting more videos, they will come after Harbour Station (don't want anybody studying JCS's new offense, LOL). I do not have the JCS vs Harvey game of late as I was unable to attend. I am wondering if there are other game enthusiats who have Youtube video's posted from this or other years. It is great to attend the games and to watch the videos of those that are missed.

I totally agree that players should never be bashed and if someone has ever taken my words to mean that then I'm sorry as I agree all these kids love playing the sport and all leave everything out on the court......everyone will cheer for their home teams and they will always be a little bias in their views but in the end that is what fans are right. Sometimes on these forums people may take things a little too far (HuskiesForever) but in the end we are all fans of the sport.

I was hoping to see the video of that game as I wasn't able to get the day off to go up and watch and by the sounds of it was a great game to watch ( and I was hoping to steal your plays Smile )  I rarely miss my kids games over the past 13 years.

Next weekend is going to be a great weekend of basketball and I think there may be a few surprise games along the way.....see you at the hot dog stand!!! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:40 pm

So far as I can tell for months it was Harvey all by themselves . . . then suddenly Hartland was going to win it all . . . then for like 3 days no one was beating RNS. Since then people have thrown JCS, FCA and Stanley into the mix. Hopefully the SW regional gives us some clarity.

Very little A ladies talk. I assume that Harvey and Caledonia aren't just conceding the banner to JCS. Any other takers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trojan8



Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:18 pm

I've seen alot of games this year between the west and south A boys teams. Also seen teams from the north. The west has all the strength again this year, right from first to fourth. The other three sides have there number one teams and that's it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donkeybear



Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:33 pm

Id like to take a moments to point out how lucky all of the single A girls teams are that Devon Park has lost all of their key players which resulted in them having no team. I couldn't imagine how different everybodies season would have gone if they were still in this. Just keep working hard girls Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie



Posts : 93
Join date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: sounds like a scourn parent or player that just    Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Sounds like a scourn parent or player that just joined the site.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace



Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:04 pm

Funny about Devon Park, now FCA. Just a year or so ago they had no girls varsity team one year and the next they go to the final...funny how that works with private schools ..Maybe the JV was strong enough the year before and played all summer to improve that much or the magical wand appeared. I wouldn't be so quick to feel sorry and consider the other "A"" schools lucky. What is lucky about the whole that is private schools in "a" being allowed to play there , when quite a few years ago the NBIAA had a ruling that private schools had to play in the highest category. Probably it was "L" since at that time or "L" and "M" were the only two classes. Wonder what happened to that ruling??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coaster



Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Funny how that is. FCA the ever present power house of sport. Constantly at the top for 30± years. Banners fill the school. In fact no one else in Single "A" can even think of competing with their elite program. So many of their students have been recruited from places far and wide.

Think about it folks! But hey do not let facts get in the way of your rediculous imagination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donkeybear



Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Metta Peace wrote:
Funny about Devon Park, now FCA.  Just a year or so ago they had no girls varsity team one year and the next they go to the final...funny how that works with private schools ..Maybe the JV was strong enough the year before and played all summer to improve that much or the magical wand appeared.  I wouldn't be so quick to feel sorry and consider the other "A"" schools lucky.  What is lucky about the whole that is private schools in "a" being allowed to play there , when quite a few years ago the NBIAA had a ruling that private schools had to play in the highest category.  Probably it was "L" since at that time or "L" and "M" were the only two classes.  Wonder what happened to that ruling??

LOL. "A", "AA", and "AAA" are separted by the number of the students in the school. Devon Park doesnt even have a total 200 students in the entire school of k-12, maybe 30 of those students would have been in high school. They have every reason to be playing in a "A" division. What does private schools or the fact that they came up from JV to Varsity and went to the Final 12 have anything to do with it? If you have a good team, you have a good team. End of story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace



Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:28 pm

I would do the homework before making statements like that, especially if you are talking NBIAA activities...that is where the big boys play..banners for invitational tournaments, all well and good though. Just ask the , No particular order, Harvey', Petitcodiac, Grand Manan, Hartland,,and others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Today at 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Single A Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Fastest single-segment run of Dishonored?
» Let's talk about australians
» Favourite places to talk about games online.
» Single A All-Star game.
» Halo 5 single player playthrough

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: