HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Single A Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
coaster

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:29 pm

One more thing. The recruit process must start very early. Of the 4 girls that transferred to LHHS, 3 enrolled at age 5 and the 4th at age 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:37 pm

Here we go again . . .

Seems to be 4 generic schools of thought:

1)Status quo is fine re: NBIAA handling of private schools.

2) Private schools shouldn't play in the NBIAA

3) Private schools should play in the NBIAA but only play exhibition/highest possible level they can.

4) #1 is fine so long as their acquisition of students is only for academics, cultural reasons, or for musical or extracurricular aptitudes that are not sport. Once its for sport they feel 2/3 should apply.

On this board and in general these seem to be the various levels of though re:schools like RNS, FCA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:22 pm

[quote="CoachDJR"]So far as I can tell for months it was Harvey all by themselves . . . then suddenly Hartland was going to win it all .  . . then for like 3 days no one was beating RNS. Since then people have thrown JCS, FCA and Stanley into the mix. Hopefully the SW regional gives us some clarity.

Very little A ladies talk. I assume that Harvey and Caledonia aren't just conceding the banner to JCS. Any other takers?[/quote]

JCS clear #1 with two wins over Harvey but there is not the separation there was in the past. They have size, experience , veteran coach and great 3 point shooting.
Harvey over Caledonia twice by double figures, beats Peti by 20, 2 wins also over Cantebury and  Hartland so #2. Hang their hat on defence and can kill you with the 3 if you give them a chance.
Caledonia should be 3, then you can put RNS, Cantebury, Grand  Manan , Hartland and Peti about any order depending on the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:34 am

Any word on the boys game Saturday between FCA and Canterbury? or the McAdam / SJDA game on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:14 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Any word on the boys game Saturday between FCA and Canterbury?  or the McAdam / SJDA game on Sunday?

Apparently those games are scheduled for Wednesday night. Seems McAdam, Canterbury and Nackawic (FCA has to play them too) are too busy to play until then.
What happens if their is a storm Wednesday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:34 am

Birdman33 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Any word on the boys game Saturday between FCA and Canterbury?  or the McAdam / SJDA game on Sunday?

Apparently those games are scheduled for Wednesday night. Seems McAdam, Canterbury and Nackawic (FCA has to play them too) are too busy to play until then.
What happens if their is a storm Wednesday?

I'm not sure what the rules are on that....this seems to happen every year to teams that want to play league games that last weekend of the season...maybe teams should be mandated to have their league games finished up a week early and then leave that last week to play exhibition games......must make it hard to schedule and plan some of the regional tournaments with games still left to be played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Getting games in is rough. Assuming tommorrow is canceled as well as tonight. For us just with weather (school/district cancellations and nights our school tells us not to travel or just cancels practices) this will be well past the 10th day or night this year that we've lost a day.

Add in exam week and some schools will not allow games or practices the weekend before exams as well as the week. You lose 5-7 more days if you don't get a storm during exams and get them pushed to a 2nd week.

Add in coaches who work schedules outside of the school system that take them away from nights or chunks of weeks at a time that they can't play/makeup on.

Add in teams that won't play on Sundays. Or over holiday breaks.

Add in teams that won't reschedule immediately and simply push things to the end of the season (when we get the most cancellations).

I also think tournaments are too big a factor in this. Teams don't want to schedule games nights before tournaments, then they want recovery time after tournaments both because of the number of games. Teams are often for various reasons more interested/concerned with their exh schedule then they are league play.

It can become a bit of a nightmare. We've got 4 teams in AA south (6 league games) and we've still got a league game that was supposed to be played in Dec that will most likely get pushed from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Because of cancellations for weather and exh getting canceled so other teams can make up league games. We've played 1 game since Jan 1. and we have also tried to play the league game we need to make up 3 times. I had my schedule done up so I would be done league play by the first school week in Jan. And here we are . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 am

Good luck to all teams at Regionals this weekend, should make for some great ball.

My upset pick of the weekend in Class A Boys....SJDA over John Caldwell in a close one. 77-75
If SJDA center (6' 9") Sam Anstey stays out of foul trouble and their point guard plays well today... they will have a shot at slaying the Knights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Where you at HuskiesForever?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:26 am

Whats everyone's opinion on who will come out of Caledonia on the boys side? Caledonia , John Caldwell or RNS......looks like a tough battle between three teams. The final game in Harvey should be Harvey & Hartland and it should be one heck of a game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:53 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Whats everyone's opinion on who will come out of Caledonia on the boys side?  Caledonia , John Caldwell or RNS......looks like a tough battle between three teams. The final game in Harvey should be Harvey & Hartland and it should be one heck of a game!

I don't think Caldwell boys are healthy enough at this point to make a big push.

A - Sectional Finals

NE Boys - Caledonia vs RNS - I like RNS in a closeone
SW Boys - Harvey vs Hartland - Harvey takes care of buisness on home court.

NE Girls - Caledonia vs JC - Similar outcome to last years HC with JCS pulling away.
SW Girls - Harvey vs GM - Tight low scoring game. GMCS can't bang enough shots Harvey wins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heatles

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:10 am

CoachDJR wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Whats everyone's opinion on who will come out of Caledonia on the boys side?  Caledonia , John Caldwell or RNS......looks like a tough battle between three teams. The final game in Harvey should be Harvey & Hartland and it should be one heck of a game!

I don't think Caldwell boys are healthy enough at this point to make a big push.

A - Sectional Finals

NE Girls - Caledonia vs JC - Similar outcome to last years HC with JCS pulling away.
SW Girls - Harvey vs GM - Tight low scoring game. GMCS can't bang enough shots Harvey wins.

No disrespect to Caledonia but theres no way they will get past John Caldwell in their first game on the boys side.
RNS vs JC boys and JC comes out with a 4 point win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:22 am

heatles wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

A - Sectional Finals

No disrespect to Caledonia but theres no way they will get past John Caldwell in their first game on the boys side.

They are saying John Caldwell has 2 guys in casts. Hard to win like that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heatles

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:26 am

Birdman33 wrote:
heatles wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

A - Sectional Finals

Ouch that does hurt them.. Any idea who they are Birdman?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:34 am

heatles wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
heatles wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

A - Sectional Finals

I heard the mccarthy kid and not sure who the other is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:36 am

Birdman33 wrote:
heatles wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
heatles wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

A - Sectional Finals

I heard today it was hambrook? not sure if that's accurate or not? you know how rumors spread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldBull55

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:11 am

coachnb6 wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
heatles wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
heatles wrote:
CoachDJR wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

A - Sectional Finals

I heard today it was hambrook?  not sure if that's accurate or not? you know how rumors spread.

Word from John Caldwell is that it is Hambrook, he is on crutches and the early diagnosis is torn ligaments. McCarthy apparently badly sprained his good ankle last week at practice and is supposedly out for the weekend as well. Tough time to get hit by the injury bug!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:17 am

Ouch that hurts JC for sure with their best 2 players out......sucks when injuries happen this time of year! Well the good news is that they are a very young team and will be back strong next year. If these two are out I would have to put my money on RNS coming out of the NE Sectional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miramichi

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Perhaps someone is spreading rumors so coaches will choose a healthy player for their All-Star player choice. Hambrook will be playing, sorry for any disappointment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:57 pm

hahaha...the head games are out and about!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Believe it Hemphill and McCarthy that are banged up for JCS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Today at 9:07 am

Back to top Go down

Single A Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8