HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Single A Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:38 am

If these kids can drop 60 points in a game....no one in A is gonna beat em, simple as that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife101

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:47 am

JC lost to hartland last night
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes11

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:50 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Classless act of taunting from one of the RNS players at the very end of the game.....walks up to Harveys bench with 30 seconds left and starts talking smack......What did you think of that Coach77? think it might be even more motivation for when they meet again?

Sounds a little bitter.

Looks like there is a new favourite in A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:56 am

I agree with an early post about about developing a team through good coaching. RNS is in a situation where they bring anyone they want and dominate any sport. We saw it with their hockey program.

This really does not make sense to me for the NBIAA to allow this to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:06 am

Stripes11 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Classless act of taunting from one of the RNS players at the very end of the game.....walks up to Harveys bench with 30 seconds left and starts talking smack......What did you think of that Coach77? think it might be even more motivation for when they meet again?

Sounds a little bitter.

Looks like there is a new favourite in A.

No not bitter.....I was glad to see that the RNS coach at least reamed out the player for doing it.....no place for that in the sport.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:25 am

ballislife101 wrote:
JC lost to hartland last night

Was it a trouncing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:31 am

7 or 8 pts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:56 am

celtic wrote:
7 or 8 pts
Hartland's first win versus a healthy opponent. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:58 am

We can call it what we want....I have no vested interest in A basketball at all so I can be quite neutral on the subject. Saying that, RNS should NOT be allowed to recruit players OUT OF PROVINCE and compete in the NBIAA. You can say it is good for the province and the game.....but you are probably not from an A school. Their hockey teams don't do it so why should they be allowed to do it in any other sport. If their girls hockey team (or eventually boys) joins the NBIAA and wins AAA hockey championships every year, maybe the "big boys" will get upset...imagine the outrage in the "golden triangle"...or We can say it is not about championships all we want, but I think most schools try and build their programs all the way up through and they value a provincial championship, a trip to Harbour Station or whatever it might be...I think that is what makes the process great and more importantly builds memories for many student athletes. How frustrating it must be when players are recruited in and have absolutely zero vested interest in the community they are playing for....Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:07 am

Birdman33 wrote:
celtic wrote:
7 or 8 pts

Hartland is on fire of late! I can't see anyone beating them and I'm on the same page as Huskieforever! where is he at?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:18 am

coachnb6 wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
celtic wrote:
7 or 8 pts

Hartland is on fire of late! I can't see anyone beating them and I'm on the same page as Huskieforever! where is he at?

Didn't the McCarthy kid sit out last night?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miramichi

PostSubject: Yes, McCarthy twisted an ankle in Valhalla tournament and is to rest it a couple of weeks. JCS were down by as much as 16 and came back to take the lead in the final few minutes but then fouls got them in trouble. Excellent ball players on both teams.    Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:42 am

CoachBuckets wrote:
coachnb6 wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
celtic wrote:
7 or 8 pts

Didn't the McCarthy kid sit out last night?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 pm

I really don't see why RNS would be content to play at the A level anyway. If your recruiting why not play the best teams in the province. They shouldn't even be eligible to compete at harbour station. When my son was transferring to a new school many coaches wouldnt even talk about basketball around him in case bias found out and accused them of recruiting. Its great to have a school around doing this type of thing for high level athletes but it is quite pointless if they aren't playing the best to begin with
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coaster

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Some very interesting events last night. Harvey suffers a loss to RNS by 22. Hartland travels to John Caldwell and wins by 8. McCarthy is on the bench for JC so what impact did that have? I have been reading these statements about banners but I don't have the guts to call a champ just yet. Have not watched Caledonia but understand they play strong as well. The island teams unfortunately will not represent this year. Give it some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballforlife12345

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:19 pm

RNS recruiting those guys is a farse! They don't deserve to just buy there way to a championship. I agree with the guy who said there should be a league for just private school!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballfan14

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Everyone is making a big deal out of RNS having an upset on Harvey. There's no doubt their 2 Allstars (btw I do disagree on that whole recruiting thing) are very talented. But it's only one win. You must remember this is the same team who lost to a weak Sir James dun basketball team. You must consider that Harvey plans to bounce back from that with a bang. And also having JC who played very close to a well playing Hartland team coming back from a 20 point depesit, while short handed with their starting guard on the bench. I say that people are giving them too much credit. Personally I say it's Harvey playing the best overall season so far and JC and Hartland I say is second for the race to Harbour then RNS. Unless RNS can show more wins against top teams, then I am not convinced they can bring home a banner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: join dates   Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:00 pm

I think before we respond to recent posts we should look at the join dates of the poster. I think that alot of the recent joinees are high school kids talking smack and not thinking things through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:25 am

poolie wrote:
I think before we respond to recent posts we should look at the join dates of the poster. I think that alot of the recent joinees are high school kids talking smack and not thinking things through.

Or adults trying to get attention for their teams/kids. Where did Tommy77 go anyway?
I see Tommy15, the Fredericton version of Tommy77 is still with us...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heatles

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:25 am

Looks to me like Coach77 left us too, his name is showing up as "Guest" after someone called him out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HuskiesForever

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:32 am

coachnb6 wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
celtic wrote:
7 or 8 pts

I'm still here , just got nothin more to add to the discussion, everyone hating on what I am saying , you guys just jealous of how good we are and how no one can beat us right now.

Looks like we will finish first in the West and play McAdam or SJDA in first game in regionals and then probably meet up against RNS.....then we will show you all how good we are when we mop the floor with their two "all-stars".

Book it!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Auerbach

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:10 am

It's too bad the AAA fans aren't as passionate online as the single a and jv boys as it quite an interesting season with three teams having legit chances at the HS title plus the success they are having in the maritimes. As for RNS, this is a program be renewed and they have longer term ambitions of playing on the Canadian and US prep circuit as well as competing with the top teams in Atlantic Canada. Don't worry single a fans, they will only dominate your division for a short while before they move on to tougher competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:17 am

Red Auerbach wrote:
It's too bad the AAA fans aren't as passionate online as the single a and jv boys as it quite an interesting season with three teams having legit chances at the HS title plus the success they are having in the maritimes.  As for RNS, this is a program be renewed and they have longer term ambitions of playing on the Canadian and US prep circuit as well as competing with the top teams in Atlantic Canada.  Don't worry single a fans, they will only dominate your division for a short while before they move on to tougher competition.

Tell that to the kids in grade 11 & 12 who have played ball all their life and want to play for a championship before they graduate.....I'm pretty sure if a AAA school felt that they were getting screwed we would all be hearing about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 am

It happens all the time in AAA but there not called imports they are simply transfers and if they bitched about transfers these pages would be flooded with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:57 am

ballnut wrote:
It happens all the time in AAA  but there not called imports they are simply transfers and if they bitched about transfers these pages would be flooded with them.

Yeah, all those transfers to the AAA private schools and not one AAA school says a word. I'm impressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:03 pm

ballnut wrote:
It happens all the time in AAA  but there not called imports they are simply transfers and if they bitched about transfers these pages would be flooded with them.

These kids are not "transfers" from another local school like you are referring to , I get that some kids at a small school may want to go play for a big AAA school but the rules also still say that coaches/schools are not to "recruit".

These two players are from another province and played at the highest level and they just decided on their own that they would leave home to go to a school that they probably never knew existed until they were contacted about playing for them? ..........and you think it is "simply a transfer"? I know what side of the fence you stand on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single A Talk   Today at 1:05 am

Back to top Go down

Single A Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next