HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Early AAAA provincials predictions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldschoolball23

PostSubject: Early AAAA provincials predictions?   Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Who are the favourites for this years Provincials?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Early AAAA provincials predictions?   Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:06 pm

oldschoolball23 wrote:
Who are the favourites for this years Provincials?

This early without seeing any final rosters and seeing any teams play, I would suspect my early 4A predictions just based on suspected rosters and what I've seen of teams from last season, would be a Final 4 of Burnaby South, Terry Fox, Sir Winston Churchill and Kitsilano, with highest odds of winning in that order. But again it is way too early to tell, but a good gauge of the top teams should be viable after the Heritage Woods Kodiaks Tournament, as from what I'm hearing upto 12 of the top 15 pre-season teams will be involved in that early December tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Yash

PostSubject: Re: Early AAAA provincials predictions?   Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:58 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:

This early without seeing any final rosters and seeing any teams play, I would suspect my early 4A predictions just based on suspected rosters and what I've seen of teams from last season, would be a Final 4 of Burnaby South, Terry Fox, Sir Winston Churchill and Kitsilano, with highest odds of winning in that order. But again it is way too early to tell, but a good gauge of the top teams should be viable after the Heritage Woods Kodiaks Tournament, as from what I'm hearing upto 12 of the top 15 pre-season teams will be involved in that early December tournament.

Kits may be the second deepest team in the province next to Terry Fox - off the top of my head they're a good 8-10 deep with kids that can contribute on any given night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bchoopscoop.ca
Pooch

PostSubject: VC   Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 am

Don't underestimate VC.
Almost everyone back from the team that won the LM's last year.
Well coached, very deep and with great experience. This group seem to have very high basketball IQ's and if they can continue to play together despite the equality of talent through 8-9 guys, they will be tough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Early AAAA provincials predictions?   Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Pooch wrote:
Don't underestimate VC.
Well coached, very deep and with great experience.  This group seem to have very high basketball IQ's and if they can continue to play together despite the equality of talent through 8-9 guys, they will be tough.  

Only 3 of BS, Kits, Churchhill and VC will make it to prov finals - too bad, I expect all 4 to be top ten this year. I think Kits may be team to beat and Churchhill may not make it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
surreyball1

PostSubject: Re: Early AAAA provincials predictions?   Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 pm

PressThis wrote:
Pooch wrote:
Don't underestimate VC.
Well coached, very deep and with great experience.  This group seem to have very high basketball IQ's and if they can continue to play together despite the equality of talent through 8-9 guys, they will be tough.  

Only 3 of BS, Kits, Churchhill and VC will make it to prov finals - too bad, I expect all 4 to be top ten this year.  I think Kits may be team to beat and Churchhill may not make it out.

I believe its going to be 5 teams this year from LM and 7-8 from the valley so they should get in as it will be 20 teams making provincials instead of 16.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopstar

PostSubject: Top 10 AAAA for next year   Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:46 pm

After week 1 tournament at Heritage Woods, things should be more clear. Always exciting to start a new year with everyone's expectations high.

1 - Burnaby South
2 - Terry Fox
3 - Vancouver College
4 - Pitt Meadows
5 - Kitsilano
6 - Cowichan
7 - Mt Boucherie
8 - Churchill
9 - Walnut Grove
10 - Kelowna

HM
Heritage Woods
Holy Cross
Oak Bay
North Surrey
West Van
Tamanawis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: Early AAAA provincials predictions?   Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Hoopstar wrote:
After week 1 tournament at Heritage Woods, things should be more clear. Always exciting to start a new year with everyone's expectations high.

1 - Burnaby South
2 - Terry Fox
3 - Vancouver College
4 - Pitt Meadows
5 - Kitsilano
6 - Cowichan
7 - Mt Boucherie
8 - Churchill
9 - Walnut Grove
10 - Kelowna

HM
Heritage Woods
Holy Cross
Oak Bay
North Surrey
West Van
Tamanawis

Solid list. This will be exciting year IMO with more balance, no clear cut favourites and some good comp coming from beyond lower mainland (e.g. Island and Kelowna area). Zone tourney's should be very exciting with many HM teams having potential to pull off upsets.

Here is my list with a few adjustments (still like teams with more depth)

1. Burnaby South
2. Terry Fox
3. Kits
4. Van College
5. Cowichan
6. Heritage Woods
7. Mt. Boucherie
8. Churchill
9. Walnut Grove
10. Kelowna

HM:
Pitt Meadows
West Van
Yale
Oak Bay
North Surrey
Holy Cross
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Early AAAA provincials predictions?   Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:02 pm

I like what I see in the other top 10s posted, it will be a more wide open this year with lots of teams from all over BC being very competitive, and another year where the top teams have seem to have shifted from the Valley to the Mainland. Personally I have a bias for some of the teams that finished highly at the end of last season i.e. Churchill, Holy Cross, hard for me to drop the returning champs too much before any games are played. But heres my list anyway.

My Top 10+HM
(Howards Pre-Season ranking in (_))
Top 10
1. Burnaby South (4)
2. Sir Winston Churchill (1)
3. Terry Fox (2)
4. Kitsilano Blue (9)
5. Walnut Grove (3)
6. Heritage Woods (HM)
7. Holy Cross (HM)
8. Vancouver College (Cool
9. Kelowna (5)