HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

high scorer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the sub

PostSubject: high scorer   Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Beney all time high scorer of campobello 2000 points
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Yeah but what has the team done. Seems like a lot of me and not enough team in that statement.

But really who cares, he is done now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:46 am

And it only took him five seasons to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:51 am

yeah....only thing left to decide is who is gonna play him in the movie
(no S--T.... they are talkin about makin a movie about the BHS run to the championship after the tragic accident)
I hear is down to either Rob Pattison ( vampire from "Twilight" who's been in High School for over 60 yrs) or 'The Count" from Sesame Street ( ha haha ha...one point , two points , three points...a ha ha haha !)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:59 pm

lol seriously?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Campo02

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Anybody else care to share their schools top scorer? Does anyone else know? I think the whole 1000 point club Campobello is great, but some take it too seriously. I'm pretty happy to be somewhere in the 5th-15th range on that list, along with two other guys in my class. I guess the 7 banners we put up in that gym during our 4 years makes being a little lower on the list easier to take Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrazyKunuck

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 pm

You should have stopped your sentence after "Anyone else care" Campo2. Congrats on the banners though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Campo02

PostSubject: Apologies   Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:42 am

Yeah Campobello should probably have it's own forum for local trash talk, sorry about that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the sub

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Beney only played 4 years so give it up 1 of the best to play for Campo or any other TEAM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sincerely Yours

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Sad that this has stood for so long. I guess nobody cares that the last thing a kid needs is a big head for scoring baskets. Especially when it's just AA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrazyKunuck

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Just AA...you're an ass!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sincerely Yours

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Very few would argue your last point. But the fact remains that 20 points is tougher to get in AA than in AAA. To overly praise scoring is destructive though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: career points at Southern Victoria High   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Tony Brain 3382pts 1991-1995 Southern Victoria High
single season 1280pts in 1995
led the tesm in assist in each of the 4 years as well.
We played a preseason with FHS in his last year and FHS held him 25pts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:59 pm

As for swollen heads from scoring, that depends on team make up and reason for the scoring. One of the major issues NB has on the Canadian stage is its lack of scoring punch. It is very hard to e an assist gfuy if no body scores on the pass you made. Scoring by itself is not to helful to player until we start looking at shooting percentage, shot selection and opposition against which the scoring came.
Good scores are usually found on good hard working teams and the scorer more often than not relizes that their points are coming from the team effort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sincerely Yours

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:29 pm

Opposition that players score against is the only way to know a true scorer. Sorry to say but 30 in Fundy on a Friday night won't prepare a player for the nationals. Players who can really score get them in the face of better teams. The trick is to keep the scorers focused enough on the team. And to keep good opposition in front of them. Good scorers can be found on any kind of team and they rarely see the BIG picture without some guidance from adults. Do you know the worst crime is when players are puffed up by glory seeking coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:22 pm

pastprimetime wrote:
As for swollen heads from scoring, that depends on team make up and reason for the scoring. One of the major issues NB has on the Canadian stage is its lack of scoring punch. It is very hard to e an assist gfuy if no body scores on the pass you made. Scoring by itself is not to helful to player until we start looking at shooting percentage, shot selection and opposition against which the scoring came.
Good scores are usually found on good hard working teams and the scorer more often than not relizes that their points are coming from the team effort.

I don't know if it is the case now or not - but in the past, NB has been famous for taking players with 'potential' rather than players who can ACTUALLY play and score. They would take players that could jump out of the gym, but who couldn't make a layup on a consistent basis.

"I can't run, I can't jump, but I can play basketball" - Larry Bird
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sincerely Yours

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:44 pm

100% agreement with this statement GM. In the last seven years there have been many examples where "athletes" were held up to high acclaim to the exclusion of proven Bball producers that had winning records. This is another symptom of coaching error. Where does that mentality come from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NB Basketball

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Sincerely Yours wrote:
100% agreement with this statement GM. In the last seven years there have been many examples where "athletes" were held up to high acclaim to the exclusion of proven Bball producers that had winning records. This is another symptom of coaching error. Where does that mentality come from?

This probably is true but this year most of players that were picked were for the right reasons. But I think that Moffit kid could of fit in with the team nicely because he could of played the SF position or even SG. You could put that Liam Shea on there but the guards were already pretty solid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: high scorer   Today at 7:14 am

Back to top Go down

high scorer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1