HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A/AA Girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
observer

PostSubject: A/AA Girls   Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Have seen lots of talk about the AAA level and A and AA boys, but relatively little about the A and AA girls? Does anyone have any ideas who the favourites may be here? Seems like Rothesay will be down. Will this be the year that Fundy breaks through?

Is John Caldwell still the team to beat in A girls? Is Caledonia the team with the best chance to give them a run?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: A/AA Girls   Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 pm

AA girls should be quite competitive in my mind with a couple of tiers of teams. Top tier is probably going to be schools like Woodstock (probably the favorite at this point) along with teams like Rothesay, Tantramar, Fundy, James M Hill. Other then Woodstock the rest of these teams return their core pieces and most of their rosters so how much growth each makes will be key. A team like CNHS might also be in this group but weren't at that level last year and are replacing core pieces so its a wait and see.

Several other teams in AA in rebuild mode so we need to find out where they are going to end up.

I will admit to knowing very little about A girls. As far as I can tell if should be a pretty open field. Everyone should be down compared to last year. Caledonia still has at least 1 of their better players, Harvey returns a solid number of their key players and are a year older so they should be strong as well, John Caldwell loses a lot with the dissapperance of seniors and Dufrense unable to go so their depth will be tested early . . .I see a whole lot of any given night sort of situations playing out early in the season until we see who gels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: A/AA Girls   Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Harvey girls over Stanley 76-42
Harvey girls over Caledonia by 10
Caledonia over Stanley 67-66

John Caldwell will play tomorrow as they were unable to travel today due to weather
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain

PostSubject: Hartland John Glass Results Last Weekend   Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:21 am

Hartland over FHS Exhibition
Harvey over Sugarloaf
Sugarloaf over Cantebury
Caledonia over FHS Exhibition
Harvey over Cantebury
Caledonia over Hartland

Cross overs
Caledonia over Sugarloaf
Harvey over Hartland

Championship
Harvey over Caledonia
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: A/AA Girls   Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Just for interest sake:
Girls: 1) JC, 2) Harvey , 3) Caledonia 4) Hartland 5) GM

Boys: 1) Harvey 2) Hartland 3) JC 4) Caledonia 5) McAdam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: A/AA Girls   Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Metta Peace wrote:
Just for interest sake:
Girls: 1) JC, 2) Harvey , 3) Caledonia 4) Hartland 5) GM

Boys: 1) Harvey 2) Hartland 3) JC  4) Caledonia 5) McAdam

I would agree with the girls for now...although it is still early and Harvey has shown some strong performances going 4-0 last weekend and winning the Hartland Tourney

As far as the boys I think the top 3 are correct but slate RNS in the 4th place with their 2 imported players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: A/AA Girls   Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:23 am

Harvey girls seem to be playing pretty good ball this season , with the exception of 2 losses to JC (by 12 and 18) this season they have gone 17-2 against "A" teams and 3-2 against "AA" teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A/AA Girls   Today at 9:06 am

Back to top Go down

A/AA Girls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1