HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PressThis

PostSubject: BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year   Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:18 am

I understand that resolution was passed that for next year that teams cannot move up tiers. This would mean that traditionally strong programs like VC, St. Georges, Pitt etc. would move down from 4A. Just wondering if this has in fact been confirmed and if there are any other details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Re: BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year   Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:17 pm

It past by only two votes at the AGM... 24-22. So the exec decided to send it to a mail vote (done by e-mail) since it was so close.

There are around 300 votes if all schools voted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year   Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:02 pm

PressThis wrote:
I understand that resolution was passed that for next year that teams cannot move up tiers.  This would mean that traditionally strong programs like VC, St. Georges, Pitt etc. would move down from 4A.  Just wondering if this has in fact been confirmed and if there are any other details.

Why would those teams move down? Aren't they 4A based on enrollment? Is this a anew issue?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year   Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Mark Scott wrote:
PressThis wrote:
I understand that resolution was passed that for next year that teams cannot move up tiers.  This would mean that traditionally strong programs like VC, St. Georges, Pitt etc. would move down from 4A.  Just wondering if this has in fact been confirmed and if there are any other details.

Why would those teams move down? Aren't they 4A based on enrollment? Is this a anew issue?

I don't believe under the current tiering system that VC and Saints would move down, the only current 4A teams playing up in tier are Pitt (AAA), Holy Cross (AA), Oak Bay (AAA), MEI (AA) and Sentinel (AAA), if the current tiering system has changed that would be news to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year   Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Also inlcluded in the move up list to 4A is Queen Charlotte. The vote closes on Wednesday night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Moving up or down tiers   Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:52 pm

You cannot move down. Right now you can move up with a two-year commitment.

The vote that is happening would not allow teams to move up anymore. Teams would have to play in their own tier based on male school population grades 11 & 12.
Back to top Go down
PressThis

PostSubject: Re: BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year   Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Mark Scott wrote:
PressThis wrote:

oops, I thought VC and St. George's were playing up based on their enrollment but other posts have corrected. Looks like this doesn't impact many teams currently. I suspect Queen Charlotte moving up two tiers for an automatic provincial berth may have been what is behind vote at this time (moving up only one berth would have meant that only either Charles Hays or QC would go to provincial tourney in 3A)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Re: BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year   Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:48 pm

PressThis wrote:
Mark Scott wrote:
PressThis wrote:

oops, I thought VC and St. George's were playing up based on their enrollment but other posts have corrected.  Looks like this doesn't impact many teams currently.  I suspect Queen Charlotte moving up two tiers for an automatic provincial berth may have been what is behind vote at this time (moving up only one berth would have meant that only either Charles Hays or QC would go to provincial tourney in 3A)  

Teams have moved up for years. This isn't knew. There was a vote at the AGM that a team could not move up to a tier where there wasn't already a team. This rule could be dubbed the "Queen Charlotte" rule. In other words, no moving up to get a free berth to the BC's. BTW the vote passed unanimously... 47-0 I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year   Today at 7:30 am

Back to top Go down

BC Boys High School Basketball Assoc Changes For Next Year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1