HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gobirds

PostSubject: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 pm

what players do they have that make an impact?
will their coaching take them far?
why would you not wanna play them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Hard to say but I think these three are a pretty safe pick to be good. Obviosuly its very early and hard to tell but I don't think you can go wrong with thesse three teams.
1. Burnaby South
2.Terry Fox
3. Sutherland will take a lot of teams by suprise Kelan Wild just made the u-17 bc team plus they play extremely hard and are very good defensively
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gobirds

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:23 am

why the hell is fox there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchoops

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:42 am

Scratch Sutherland off that list. Keelan will not be attending Sutherland next season.
He has transferred (applied to) another North Shore school for next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:59 pm

bchoops wrote:
Scratch Sutherland off that list. Keelan will not be attending Sutherland next season.
He has transferred (applied to) another North Shore school for next season.

How did you find out about this? And which other north shore school is he planning on attending?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:13 pm

gobirds wrote:
why the hell is fox there

I would obviously take sutherland off now if Kelan is actually leaving Sutherland. I would put Yale in leiu of them. They have athletic wings Nakai and Jordan returning. Secondly after the bc's one of yale's junior players came up courtside, and the Yale Head Coach came up to him and said we are starting open gyms next week. They have a great coach that makes them work their tails off. I have a ton of respect for him

Seconldy. I put fox up because I believe Bret Parker is a great pg, a natural leader, and works his tail off. Also, Rich Chambers is an amazing coach. Its only a list of three and a lot of derserving teams so I am probably missing out on a lot of quality teams. One team I forgot to mention is gleneagles, who I think will be a darkhorse to win bc's.

They had three players attend CP this year, and even though they aren't the most gifted offensively they are an athletic team, that works their tail off and very good defensively with Coaches that will push them throughout the season. What are people's thoughts on these predictions? Any teams you believe are better then these three for next year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gobirds

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:08 pm

im pretty sure the last kids name is mcdonald not parker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Yes you are absolutey correct my bad on the typo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchoops

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:57 am

basketballbccynic wrote:

How did you find out about this? And which other north shore school is he planning on attending?

A little bird told me. In fairness to Keelan I don't want to say where.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:19 pm

bchoops wrote:
basketballbccynic wrote:

A little bird told me. In fairness to Keelan I don't want to say where.

fair enough but its definitely on the shore so I would say that one team on the shore is going to be very strong next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gobirds

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:25 am

i think palmer, fox, b south, glen eagle, kits and yale will all be pretty damm good this upcoming year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:28 am

Can't argue you with you interesting to see how these players develop and if they are able to fulfill their potential and where they end up going after high school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gobirds

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 am

players like who?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:34 am

[list=1][*]Ater Degal, Jok Malek, Daniel Edwards, Zach Usherwood, Bret Mcdonald, Billy Chenge, Vijay,

Also if the rumours are true I think Argyle will be very good next year with Keelan and Wes with another role player from Carson Simon T coming as well. Keelan is arguably and improvement from jesse and Wes will be the go to guy and will hopefully develop some confidence and aggressive mindset this summer. They both have a ton of potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gobirds

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:40 am

ya good call on that stuff. these teams will be very good it will be one hell of a season next year. i wonder which team will be taking home the crown ??????????????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gobirds

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:43 am

how do you think yale will be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:47 pm

I think yale will defintely be weaker then they were this year because the lost of Marek and Matt are huge and the Coach only played 5 players unless foul trouble forced him too. But when you have two studs like Nakai and Jordan you are definitely going to be a top 15 team.

And to be taking it all home. I would like to say Burnaby South they are very talented team, but what I saw at BC's I was very dissapointed. Their was no denying their potnetial and talent. However, they ran nothing except iso's for Ater. You could tell they were good players just played street ball. I don't think it has sunk in for the players yet that they aren't playing at bonsor.

Btw I think its almost impossible to predict with an accuracy who you think is going to win it all but I am going with SK. I know they aren't strong at the guard position, but teams with a strong interior always have a better chance at the bc's because shooting teams, and players always seem to falter and the bc's. A great example of this is Will Campbell, who last year was Lower Maindland MVP, hit 8 threes I believe in the final game, however, at bc's might have hit 2 thress the whole tourney. Also this is going off on a tangent but this is why VC always struggles at BC's they either don't develop their bigs well or when they are given a stud they let some idiot guard jack up thress instead of feed it inside (ex Charlie Campbell shooting instead of Traz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:18 am

basketballbccynic wrote:
I think yale will defintely be weaker then they were this year because the lost of Marek and Matt are huge and the Coach only played 5 players unless foul trouble forced him too. But when you have two studs like Nakai and Jordan you are definitely going to be a top 15 team.

And to be taking it all home. I would like to say Burnaby South they are very talented team, but what I saw at BC's I was very dissapointed. Their was no denying their potnetial and talent. However, they ran nothing except iso's for Ater. You could tell they were good players just played street ball. I don't think it has sunk in for the players yet that they aren't playing at bonsor.

Btw I think its almost impossible to predict with an accuracy who you think is going to win it all but I am going with SK. I know they aren't strong at the guard position, but teams with a strong interior always have a better chance at the bc's because shooting teams, and players always seem to falter and the bc's. A great example of this is Will Campbell, who last year was Lower Maindland MVP, hit 8 threes I believe in the final game, however, at bc's might have hit 2 thress the whole tourney. Also this is going off on a tangent but this is why VC always struggles at BC's they either don't develop their bigs well or when they are given a stud they let some idiot guard jack up thress instead of feed it inside (ex Charlie Campbell shooting instead of Traz)

Are you talking about South Kamloops? Gonna be tough for them to get out of the Okanagan Valley with how stacked and big Kelowna will be next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballbccynic

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:30 am

Yes I was talking about Sout Kamloops, but I forget about Kelowna. Your right they have that Braston Bruce kid who could be a very dominant force. I think I might actually change my pick to Kelowna. Right now its the safest bet to go with the team witht the biggest interior. Look at the BC Finals Last year. WRCA and Yale-They hav the two best big guys in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:43 pm

basketballbccynic wrote:
Yes I was talking about Sout Kamloops, but I forget about Kelowna. Your right they have that Braston Bruce kid who could be a very dominant force. I think I might actually change my pick to Kelowna. Right now its the safest bet to go with the team witht the biggest interior. Look at the BC Finals Last year. WRCA and Yale-They hav the two best big guys in the province.

I'm not saying they're going to win, but I expect them to be one of the top teams. Braxston is there. Mitch Goodwin has moved in. They return almost every single player from this year, and two years ago, when all the grade 11s were in junior (in grade 10) they won the Okanagans and did decently at junior provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBCGOUL

PostSubject: some info on teams   Thu May 20, 2010 3:10 am

basketballbccynic wrote:

Also if the rumours are true I think Argyle will be very good next year with Keelan and Wes with another role player from Carson Simon T coming as well. Keelan is arguably and improvement from jesse and Wes will be the go to guy and will hopefully develop some confidence and aggressive mindset this summer. They both have a ton of potential.

argyle will have a solid lineup and kealen has a different game from jesse and they are both very effective therefore argyle is very fortunate to get kealen from the sabers. it brings a whole new dynamic to the team. their top 5 starters would most probably be wes dekler, nik ottenbreit , kevin leask, kealen wild, cole faminoff, the starting 5 doesn not currently have a true poiont guard in the mix so the role will be up for grabs between izzy fehr, tom walters simon tesfaldt and josh whang. they will most probably not start and will have to earn their way for playing time relieveing wes of the poiontguard duties for periods of time so he may concentrate on scoreing and playing defense. most of the competition will most probably b between simon and josh to earn their spots. in the meantime wes will most probably be manning the point. simon is nothing special and josh needs to build up muscle and find the confidence in himself to run the court... watching these two players so far id say it will be an even battle unless josh gains a ton of mucle in the summer then he will most probably take the pointguard role eventually in the season.

windsor will be looking pretty solid with david manshrek... any team is solid, his versitility and basketball skills are impecable. banging and busting it to get his poionts and now he has even expanded his game by adding a consistant threepiont shot. if they want to win north shores tho they wikk have to bring in help.

sutherland, with the loss of kealen will have to rely on a hardworking summer developing the players they have, with their hard working and defensive mindset im sure they will be a solid contender.

handsworth has a pretty good frontcourt with john leong and luka petkovic in the lineup. they both have similar play except for one aspect which is luka can most of the time be a ball hog and likes to take the shots for himself mostlikely dribbling down pulling up from the three and occasionally hitting them, yet john has a passing point guard mentality and will find the open man as well as knock down consistant thee poionters. lets hope that they can find a way to lead their team to victory

carson will have an interesting year , with simon gone nik doesnt need to worry about him anymore clogging the lane, now it is argyles turn to deal with him .. nik is a solid point guard who is overrated but cab put up numbers in some games he has great defense but his offense is inconsistant. more of a scoring poointguard rather than passing, and his shot is a part of his game he has to imoprove on. he will be getting help from cain ruttenburg and kevin arkoncel.

now the best team will most probsbaly be VAN COLLEGE...... they have basically a provincial team. will isaiah solomon, cole penmen, kyle holden, erikson, reiner theil and a whole bunch of other guys which i cant rmember at this moment haha but their bench could easily beat most teams on in vancouver.

itll be an intersting year of basketball next year[b]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?   Today at 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Who Do You Guys Think Are The Top 3 Teams To Look Out For Next Year?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1