HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 10 A boys teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ballislife9

PostSubject: Top 10 A boys teams   Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:53 pm

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Ballislife9 wrote:
What do you think?

1. Harvey
2. Hartland
3. Rothesay Netherwood
4. John Caldwell
5. Canterbury
6. McAdam
7. Fredericton Christian
8. Caledonia

Harvey and us in final but a repeat of 2 years ago and we finish year #1!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yeet-ballislife

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:09 pm

I think Caledonia is going to come out on top. That John Marcoux is quite the ball handler this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 pm

yeet-ballislife wrote:
I think Caledonia is going to come out on top. That John Marcoux is quite the ball handler this year.

....and we have our newest troll on the board
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
yeet-ballislife wrote:

Papa Marcoux?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Birdman33 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
yeet-ballislife wrote:

Papa Marcoux?

It is easily a three team race for single A boys.

-Harvey
-John Caldwell
-Hartland

Not putting numbers beside them because they could easily go either way. I personally have to see what Caledonia can do. A ball handler isn't going to win you games or championships against a decent single A school. Also another team I forgot to mention and I want to get a look at is RNS, from the sounds of things they could be a contender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:08 pm

CoachBuckets wrote:
Birdman33 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
yeet-ballislife wrote:

Papa Marcoux?

It is easily a three team race for single A boys.

-Harvey
-John Caldwell
-Hartland

Not putting numbers beside them because they could easily go either way. I personally have to see what Caledonia can do. A ball handler isn't going to win you games or championships against a decent single A school. Also another team I forgot to mention and I want to get a look at is RNS, from the sounds of things they could be a contender.

Harvey plays RNS at home this Friday and plays JC next week at home....that should paint a clearer picture. As far as Caledonia Harvey handled them easily 110-73 last week.

From what I have heard RNS is relying heavily on there two import guards but only one played last week and they lost to Sir James Dunn so I would say they are far from contenders at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Ball

PostSubject: Hartland vs Caledonia   Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:26 pm

I believe that Hartland is scheduled to play Caledonia at the Tantramar tournament this weekend. This should be a good test to see if Caledonia will be in the mix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Harvey over RNS last night 84-64 and over Campo 97-40 today....

Harvey has been dominant so far in A match ups winning all 9 games including wins over Hartland and Caledonia by an average of 46 points a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:28 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

Harvey has been dominant so far in A match ups winning all 9 games including wins over Hartland and Caledonia by an average of 46 points a game.

They look pretty much unbeatable in A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballislife9

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:35 pm

I haven't seen all the A teams play yet but from what I have heard and seen my top ten goes like this.....
1. Harvey - I don't see anyone in A ball beating them
And then in no particular order
John Caldwell
Cantabury
Hartland
Calidonia
RNS
Devon Park
McAdam
SJDA
Grand Manan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:41 pm

It was early in the season when harvey and hartland played so we cant say no one will beat them, both harvey and hartland will have improved next meet up. I am pretty sure hartland and john Caldwell meet up tomorrow so depending on that game we will see the outcomes and it may change peoples minds about harvey first overall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:43 pm

zelo7 wrote:
It was early in the season when harvey and hartland played so we cant say no one will beat them, both harvey and hartland will have improved next meet up. I am pretty sure hartland and john Caldwell meet up tomorrow so depending on that game we will see the outcomes and it may change peoples minds about harvey first overall

I'm interested in seeing Harvey play John Caldwell this weekend at Harvey's tournament as well they play FCA and Rothesay High School.

Has Hartland played Caledonia or FCA yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zelo7

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Hartland beat Caledonia by 30+
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballislife9

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:59 pm

I would say that Hartland will be right there in the end fighting for a spot at harbour station. And they have one of if not the best player in A basketball (Foster) I just think harvey has a better overall team and will take it this year. But I won't be surprised if there are a few upsets this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballfan14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:26 pm

I agree there will most likely be se upsets this year. And yes very excited to see the playing of John Caldwell, Harvey, rns and others this weekends. Also interested in tomorrows game with Caldwell and Hartland, hard to say who will come out on top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Birdman33 wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

They look pretty much unbeatable in A.

That is a bold statement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:00 am

Ballfan14 wrote:
I agree there will most likely be se upsets this year. And yes very excited to see the playing of John Caldwell, Harvey, rns and others this weekends. Also interested in tomorrows game with Caldwell and Hartland, hard to say who will come out on top.

Heck of a game last night...Hartland comes back from a 12 to 15 pt deficit at half and wins by 4. It was a good old fashioned ball game...intense and fun to watch. JC is for real!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Nackawic over Macadam last night, in Macadam, by 10. They are in the race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Birdman33 wrote:
Nackawic over Macadam last night, in Macadam, by 10. They are in the race.

LOL @ ....they are in the race ......they aren't even at the starting line Shocked   ......BTW it is McAdam not Macadam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballfan14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Never got to see the game of jc and hartland! Heard it was a great game. Also heard there was a unlucky call on an intential foul jc did on one of hartlands weaker foul shooters in hopes to get an extra possession, although Foster shot his free throws for hartland?! But I could be wrong! Sure it was great game either way. Any comments on the tournament in Harvey this weekend??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miramichi

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 am

"intential foul jc did on one of hartlands weaker foul shooters in hopes to get an extra possession, although Foster shot his free throws for hartland?! But I could be wrong! "

I was at the game and this, unfortunately, is correct. Despite JC pointing out the error before Foster went to the line, refs allowed it to continue. I guess since he was shut down during this game by JC's great defence and superior players, his coach wanted to get him a few more points on the score card and would do ANYTHING to win, even compromise the integrity of his team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:47 am

miramichi wrote:
"intential foul jc did on one of hartlands weaker foul shooters in hopes to get an extra possession, although Foster shot his free throws for hartland?! But I could be wrong! "

I was at the game and this, unfortunately, is correct. Despite JC pointing out the error before Foster went to the line, refs allowed it to continue. I guess since he was shut down during this game by JC's great defence and superior players, his coach wanted to get him a few more points on the score card and would do ANYTHING to win, even compromise the integrity of his team.

Very ignorant for them to do, but the officials should have known who the shooter was. It will come back and bite them some day, the universe works in weird ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 am

If the foul was deemed intentional as stated , I don't see the logic of the extra possession for JC . Fouls that are "intentional or now called unsportsmanlike" are 2 shots plus the ball back...maybe it us just terminology misused to describe the situation. Perhaps a stop the clock foul on a player perceived to be a weaker free throw shooter? Sounds like the wrong shooter stepped in and the refs were day- dreaming ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:16 am

Metta Peace wrote:
If the foul was deemed intentional as stated , I don't see the logic of the extra possession for JC .  Fouls that are "intentional or now called unsportsmanlike" are 2 shots plus the ball back...maybe it us just terminology misused to describe the situation.  Perhaps a stop the clock foul on a player perceived to be a weaker free throw shooter?  Sounds like the wrong shooter stepped in and the refs were day- dreaming ..

The foul wasn't ruled "unsportsmanlike" it was a regular foul. JC fouled number 7 at half court, Hartland called a time out thinking they would get the ball out of bounce (not knowing they were in bonus) when the time out was done number 15 went to the line to shoot the foul shots, knocked both of them down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Today at 7:12 am

Back to top Go down

Top 10 A boys teams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next