HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 10 A boys teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:23 am

Sad for JC that this transpired, sounds like the intentional part of it all was placing the wrong shooter at the foul line.. Where is video replay when you need it. Thx for clearing up the situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrior98

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:46 am

Hartland went to the table to ask for a time out, then there was an off ball foul committed by John Caldwell on number 15. Hartland went to the bench and the official told hartland 15 was shooting two shots because it was now in bonus. After timeout 15 went and shot free throws.

It's not like Hartland purposely lost a game here folks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miramichi

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:54 am

"Hartland went to the table to ask for a time out, then there was an off ball foul committed by John Caldwell on number 15. Hartland went to the bench and the official told hartland 15 was shooting two shots because it was now in bonus. After timeout 15 went and shot free throws.

It's not like Hartland purposely lost a game here folks. "

I beg to differ ... and I will post video later today as proof of my argument. Hartland #7 had posession and was fouled by JC #8. At no time was #15 off ball fouled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heatles

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:44 pm

[quote="Warrior98"] Hartland went to the table to ask for a time out, then there was an off ball foul committed by John Caldwell on number 15. Hartland went to the bench and the official told hartland 15 was shooting two shots because it was now in bonus. After timeout 15 went and shot free throws.

It's not like Hartland purposely lost a game here folks.

You must have some good insides to know that the ref told "Hartland" 15 is the shooter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HuskiesForever

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Bottom line is we made the comeback and beated them after we'd played terrible and they coughed up a 15 point lead.

The truth is we never should have been behind in that game and you can be sure the next game we will trounce them.

Ball on Huskies!!! Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach.Red

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:43 pm

HuskiesForever wrote:
Bottom line is we made the comeback and beated them after we'd played terrible and they coughed up a 15 point lead.

The truth is we never should have been behind in that game and you can be sure the next game we will trounce them.

Last time you proclaimed a team of yours would "steamroll" everyone, it ended up not turning out so well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:44 pm

HuskiesForever wrote:

that's a pretty bold statement!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachnb6

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:22 pm

celtic wrote:
HuskiesForever wrote:

It's always been an issue with Hartland players talking/bragging their team up, I am not against this but when you lose to Harvey (best team in A no question) by a big margin and some how managed to pull out a win against JC (close) you might to rethink what you say on here. that being said Hartland is only going as far as Foster takes them the other guys work hard but the skill level is very poor compared to John Caldwell. John Caldwell is a young and inexperience team and will only get better losing these tight games. as I see it Harvey is way out in front by themselves and Hartland is in second followed by John caldwell. be interesting to see a score from the Harvey and JC game this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heatles

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:36 pm

coachnb6 wrote:
celtic wrote:
HuskiesForever wrote:

It's always been an issue with Hartland players talking/bragging their team up, I am not against this but when you lose to Harvey (best team in A no question) by a big margin and some how managed to pull out a win against JC (close) you might to rethink what you say on here.  that being said Hartland is only going as far as Foster takes them the other guys work hard but the skill level is very poor compared to John Caldwell. John Caldwell is a young and inexperience team and will only get better losing these tight games. as I see it Harvey is way out in front by themselves and Hartland is in second followed by John caldwell.  be interesting to see a score from the Harvey and JC game this weekend.

Very well said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballin2Live

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:33 pm

coachnb6 wrote:

It's always been an issue with Hartland players talking/bragging their team up, I am not against this but when you lose to Harvey (best team in A no question) by a big margin and some how managed to pull out a win against JC (close) you might to rethink what you say on here.  that being said Hartland is only going as far as Foster takes them the other guys work hard but the skill level is very poor compared to John Caldwell. John Caldwell is a young and inexperience team and will only get better losing these tight games. as I see it Harvey is way out in front by themselves and Hartland is in second followed by John caldwell.  be interesting to see a score from the Harvey and JC game this weekend.

What you say makes sense. However is this not true for nearly every team in the province? Yes, Foster is Hartland's star, but everyone finds themselves in a similar situation. Woodstock will only go as far as Keegan Gray takes them, JC will go as far as Hambrook can take them, and Harvey is relying on Gillespie to carry them deep. Everyone will be improved come season's end. It's which team improves their pieces around the "stars" that is going to end up with a banner in the rafters.

Last edited by Ballin2Live on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballfan14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:34 pm

As far as I can see, I don't think there will be any "trouncing" next time JC and hartland meet. I mean there is no doubt Foster is if not the best player in A. But unlike Foster, JC and Harvey have a well skilled team behind Hambrook and Gilispie. Personally, I think that will make the difference during season end. Don't get me wrong, like previously said, Hartland does have hard workers, but not nearly as skilled overall as Harvey and JC. That there is why I see JC coming out over Hartland in the final standings. I could be wrong but that is my prediction. An interesting season ahead of us folks! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miramichi

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 pm

John Caldwell Golden Knights vs Hartland Huskies High School basketball Dec 17, 2014

HoopLife will not allow me to post a link so please just copy and paste the above into Youtube search. If anyone wants to retract their previous comments ... except "After timeout 15 went and shot free throws." Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballin2Live

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:36 pm

miramichi wrote:
John Caldwell Golden Knights vs Hartland Huskies High School basketball Dec 17, 2014

HoopLife will not allow me to post a link so please just copy and paste the above into Youtube search. If anyone wants to retract their previous comments ... except "After timeout 15 went and shot free throws." Evil or Very Mad

From looking at this video, #15 from Hartland hits two in a row from the line to make it 69-68. So, had #7 gone to the line and missed both, wouldn't Hartland still have won? Sounds like a lot of fuss over nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballfan14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:31 am

I think after the time out, (footage not shown clearly) Foster shot the free throws as it was clearly seen it wasn't Foster who was fouled. Meaning JC only needed a lay up if #7 (who should of shot them) missed one or both, and not had have to shoot a hard 3 pointer? This is what've can see out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:19 am

The video clearly shows that #7 is fouled. However since it ends there, there is no video evidence that #15 shot the two free throws. Do you have the next part of the video? I would use it as a learning tool for officials.

As an official and as someone who trains officials, this situation is a good example of what can happen when officials don't pay close attention going into a timeout. One thing former FIBA official Dick Steeves would always ask young officials during a timeout is who is the shooter. It was a good reminder to get that stuff correct. And today with video, it's not like you can BS your way out. Either the correct player went to the line or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HuskiesForever

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:35 am

Your whole point of your argument is that Adam would have missed the free throws if he had took them instead of Foster......you must be able to predict the future.....maybe you should buy a lotto ticket. Adam would have drained both those shots also....still same outcome.....JC still coughed up a 15 point lead and we proved we are the best team in A ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:55 am

^ Bold statement there HuskiesForever. Although Harvey beat you by 30 but you assume your the best team in A?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 am

I have seen teams crumble during the season due to overexposure. Mistakes are made by all, players, coaches, officials, minor officials. Time to move on..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:37 pm

First game of HHS tourney finished up .....Harvey over Rothesay 89-61
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miramichi

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:41 pm

JCS over FCA 77 65 at Harvey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:51 pm

No 4 point game here.....Harvey wins a dominant show of offense against John Caldwell 111-76.

John Caldwell is definetly a good up and coming team and will be a quality team in the future but after a 35 point loss to Harvey I think that there is no doubt Harvey is well out in front of everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachBuckets

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Shows right there Harvey is literally 30+ points better than everyone in single A. Hartland and JC have to go back to the drawling board. Might be a different score in crunch time at the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:30 pm

CoachBuckets wrote:
Shows right there Harvey is literally 30+ points better than everyone in single A. Hartland and JC have to go back to the drawling board. Might be a different score in crunch time at the end of the year.

30+ is a trouncing. Harvey looks like they can coast to a banner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:32 pm

How did Harvey do vs FCA today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A boys teams   Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:01 am

Metta Peace wrote:
How did Harvey do vs FCA today?

Final was 89-50 for Harvey